This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

woody37

Sanger 1/48 Short Stirling Mk.I BF372 - Ron Middleton VC

Given that I'd made a mess of the Italeri 1/72 kit this is astounding!  Well done indeed!

Many congratulations on completing this behemoth, in both size and build complexity Neil, she truly does look every inch a Stirling in all her beautiful ugliness! I saw her at Telford on her "temporary legs" but your struggles with that incredible undercarriage (always going to be a challenge for any Stirling of any scale) and the elegant solution epitomises the "press on regardless" attitude necessary for vac building. The paint finish is of course well up to your usual high standard, but please don't touch the engine staining, it looks very realistic to my eye! Bravo, brilliant build.

Max 

Thanks guys for th3 kind comments. It’s boxed up ready for Bolton next week, the new venue is a superb addition to the annual calendar :)

My goodness, that is just an astonishing build!

It must be a large beast in 1/48th!

The skill and persistence on show here is utterly amazing.

It deserves every award that is coming to it.

:clap::worthy:

Just wow - the exhaust stains look so real - as does the whole build. One of the best models I have seen here since some time.

Cheers,

Michael

Amazing!!

This model is fantastic! I like it... the exhaust smokes are the top!

Congratulations... very very nice! :clap:

Great job on this! The weathering and wear is very believable. I'm really impressed with the exhaust/oil streaks on the wing and how they are caught by the seam lines.  Fantastic!

Fantastic build Woody :clap:

This aircraft for me has a personnel significance, I once knew a man who flew these and never past up an opportunity to tell his story I hope you don't mind.  I posted the following in Selliecool's excellent Sterling D- D Double build of last Feb, this was my post My once good friend    I didn't mention in the previous post that he once showed me his log book.  In it amongst many unbelievable sorties, were two extremely interesting entries, both a few weeks apart stated he'd landed a Sterling in a Dutch field at night dropping off SOE/equipment!  I sadly lost contact with Jim (due to work/moving away) for the last few years of his life, I can only hope all his memorabilia, was kept by his at the time I knew him estranged family.  

this is a truly amazing build, very nice painting and crisp canopy frames ! The exhaust stains on the wings are fantastic, and the story behind it is very moving, congratulations !!!

Christian.