Sanger 1/48 Short Stirling Mk.I BF372 - Ron Middleton VC

Having spoken with Mike I know just how much of a "challenge" this model is.  Its not just the engines on the Stirling that are Herculean but the work you put in to get that end result. You deserve a medal.

Lovely result and you must be well proud of her

• Like 4

Neil, what a fantastic tribute to Rob Middleton VC, I'm sure he would be so impressed.

As with all your bombers, I love the subtle panel detail you achieve which, along with your interior detail, really brings it to life. I've been following your progress over the past year and must say I admire your tenacity and perseverance when faced with the many challenges you've had. I would have put it away for another day a long time ago!

So is it a full scratch build bomber or a nice easy airliner next?

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 2

Fantastic result, the Stirling is one impressive looking aircraft and you have captured that look very well, I hope it spurs Tamiya on to produce one.

Cheers

Den

• Like 1

The fact that the finished model looks like it could have been produced by Tamiya speaks volumes for your achievements here. Bloomin’ marvellous!

I know from experience the amount of effort it has taken to get to the finish line and I doff my hat. A beautiful model and a fine tribute to the brave airmen who died that night. 

Tom

• Like 3

Thank You for the mention woody I'm so glad to be slightly associated with this wonderful build. I keep looking at my Sanger Blenheim and I think it may happen before too long (which should ensure a styrene kit).

Your memorial has turned out beautifully and, as others have said, it looks superb and a million miles past where it started. What a way to finish 2018!

• Like 1

You took a big pile of mouldering bits, some super resin engines by @Neil of Paragon fame, plus some half-realised ideas and made it into a bit of a show-stopper Nelly.  Bravo, congratulations and well done :clap2:

• Like 3