This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

woody37

Sanger 1/48 Short Stirling Mk.I BF372 - Ron Middleton VC

Having spoken with Mike I know just how much of a "challenge" this model is.  Its not just the engines on the Stirling that are Herculean but the work you put in to get that end result. You deserve a medal.

Lovely result and you must be well proud of her

Great build and result. Thoroughly enjoyable to watch. 

That's about as fantastic as it gets!

Amazing job!

Neil, what a fantastic tribute to Rob Middleton VC, I'm sure he would be so impressed.

As with all your bombers, I love the subtle panel detail you achieve which, along with your interior detail, really brings it to life. I've been following your progress over the past year and must say I admire your tenacity and perseverance when faced with the many challenges you've had. I would have put it away for another day a long time ago!

So is it a full scratch build bomber or a nice easy airliner next?

Cheers,

Ian

Fantastic result, the Stirling is one impressive looking aircraft and you have captured that look very well, I hope it spurs Tamiya on to produce one.

Cheers

Den

Just superb.

The fact that the finished model looks like it could have been produced by Tamiya speaks volumes for your achievements here. Bloomin’ marvellous!

I know from experience the amount of effort it has taken to get to the finish line and I doff my hat. A beautiful model and a fine tribute to the brave airmen who died that night. 

Tom

Simply wonderful, really superb modelling Neil!

Great build thread too!

Keith

Very nice on what was a challenging build, I'd say you conquered the beast.

Beautiful paintwork too, those engine stains look like the real thing.

Edited by Fredag

Thank You for the mention woody I'm so glad to be slightly associated with this wonderful build. I keep looking at my Sanger Blenheim and I think it may happen before too long (which should ensure a styrene kit).

Your memorial has turned out beautifully and, as others have said, it looks superb and a million miles past where it started. What a way to finish 2018!

You took a big pile of mouldering bits, some super resin engines by @Neil of Paragon fame, plus some half-realised ideas and made it into a bit of a show-stopper Nelly.  Bravo, congratulations and well done :clap2:

Hello,

À tremendous effort and achievement ! I just read the whole construction thread and this pure dedication.Excellent and superb!

Stef (#6)