Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Martian

Thanks Pete, the voice of reason!

Speckled Jim, alive!...was that before or after Slackbladder shot and ate him? cunning blighter must have flown beneath the radar.:pilot:

In a probably fruitless effort to return this thread to some semblance of normality, 

Almost definitely, Martian.....though 'semblance' is stretching things a little.

Now regarding the occasional 'model update' interruption that unexpectantly springs up, you've certainly grasped the nettle with both horns with this little fella. Lovely job on the interior decoration, particularly taken with the caged multi-latrine thingy at the back!...the Italians always were an inventive and thoughtful lot. As Slartibartfast said so succinctly..great things are afoot', keep up the good work... 

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Finally, after all these years, someone says it!

Though I was of course referring to the Martians flying bomb greenhouse frame  and

not to the heinous accusations regarding your Generalships conduct and demeanor.

Still, failing a glimpse of the actual photograph or a signed statement from the

peasant pheasant involved, we shall have to consider you a beacon of innocence.

Now, can I please be relieved from latrine digging duty?

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

On 1/7/2019 at 10:50 AM, Pete in Lincs said:

I'm just reading an excellent book about the desert/mediterranean theatre of war.

On 1/7/2019 at 11:12 AM, Pete in Lincs said:

In case you are curious too, the book I am reading is on

page 31 of the 'what are you reading' thread, post 770.

Oooooh, just want I like, a mystery with a trail of clues. :D   :P

Steve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, clive_t said:

Looks superb! Will you be posing it with that top flap open? Some pics I've collected from t'internet show it propped up like a car bonnet but hinged on one side. That was always my grand plan (when I got round to it :) )

Indeed, that is exactly how I plan to display it.

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

See, it's wot Melchett said, A frame up!

Nice one Monsieur Martian.

Thanks Pete but don't give up the day job.

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Speckled Jim, alive!...was that before or after Slackbladder shot and ate him? cunning blighter must have flown beneath the radar.:pilot:

Almost definitely, Martian.....though 'semblance' is stretching things a little.

Now regarding the occasional 'model update' interruption that unexpectantly springs up, you've certainly grasped the nettle with both horns with this little fella. Lovely job on the interior decoration, particularly taken with the caged multi-latrine thingy at the back!...the Italians always were an inventive and thoughtful lot. As Slartibartfast said so succinctly..great things are afoot', keep up the good work... 

Thanks General. I am not at all surprised that my forlorn attempt at sanity didn't even last as long as "Georgina" in the General's boudoir.

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Still, failing a glimpse of the actual photograph or a signed statement from the

peasant pheasant involved, we shall have to consider you a beacon of innocence.

Now, can I please be relieved from latrine digging duty?

As it happens....

jim.jpg

Dartmouth July 2017. Back to those toilet jankers I fear!

2 hours ago, Courageous said:

A therapeutic welding of plastic sticks and looks great.

Stuart

Thanks Stuart, it was therapeutic and only took a couple of hours at the most.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

Oooooh, just want I like, a mystery with a trail of clues. :D   :P

Steve.

Just like one of my threads then!

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

Hold fast on the latrine duty Martian.....that's not my Speckled Jim, not nearly speckly enough, this imposter carries a totally different camouflage pattern and undercarriage layout....besides, SJ was a well-mannered cove and wouldn't leave his dog-ends lying about like that!

• Haha 4

I've had to bite the bullet & go back & read this thread right through again least I began to question my recall being not what I like to think it is. :(   After negotiating the tangled web of scandal & innuendo, 'nuff said about that already, I think I've worked out what my favourite Martian ;) , is up to , in spite of the cloaking devices, confuscation,  confusion created by the rabble that have gate crashed the party snuck in while his back was turned, he's too kind to eject & I must say its mighty impressive stuff going on, some great pointers for the one Airfix is to re-release & the one I have in stock, not to mention the one from my yoof that needs some love to rehabilitate it. Apologies for the random scattering of reactions as I tried to unravel sense from nonsense other stuff. ;) 

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

5 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

I've had to bite the bullet & go back & read this thread right through again least I began to question my recall being not what I like to think it is. :(   After negotiating the tangle web of scandal & innuendo, 'nuff said about that already, I think I've worked out what my favourite Martian ;) , is up , in spite of the cloaking devices, confuscation,  confusion created by the rabble that have gate crashed the party snuck in while his back was turned, he's too kind to eject & I must say its mighty impressive stuff going on, some great pointers for the one Airfix is to re-release & the one I have in stock, not to mention the one from my yoof that needs some love to rehabilitate it.

Steve.

Thanks Steve, though I must confess that scandal, innuendo and confusion stalk me on BM like three giant stalking things.

13 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Hold fast on the latrine duty Martian.....that's not my Speckled Jim, not nearly speckly enough, this imposter carries a totally different camouflage pattern and undercarriage layout....besides, SJ was a well-mannered cove and wouldn't leave his dog-ends lying about like that!

Then why was he chain smoking to control his nerves, admitting that he was in mufti and positively begging me not to reveal his whereabouts? And, how come he seemed to know every detail of your Generalship's personal life, even down to that party after which you woke up in bed with a feather duster, a large watermelon and Colin the tortoise? Smoking howitzer methinks!

Martian (Spreading scandal, innuendo and confusion across the Galaxy since 1961) 👽

• Haha 7

9 hours ago, general melchett said:

I already told it Dear General !!

Speckled Jim is a turn coat, I met him in London last year !!

His real name is Mötled Otto !! See, after a good rain his camo has faded away, revealing his real Luftwaffe colors !!

WP_20170824_12_40_38_Pro

He was talking with some of his mates or moles who knows ??

About a certain party at Melchett's manor…. Hum ! There was some words about misusing some Marmite…

Now be carefull about this obsessed Parrot too !!

WP_20170824_13_53_48_Pro

The revealing by SJ of these parties induce this little Parrot to trying to have a close Relationship with a tennis ball !!

Remember Dear General !! never trust a pigeon !!

Oh Dear Martian !

Now you turn this build into an italian Cabriolet ??

So Don't you forget the pilot with an elbow out from the side widow !!

The little red horn hanging on the interior rear view mirror, the false fox tail on the aerial….

Optionnally the fox tail can be replaced by a nice feminine underwear !!

Oh and a bottle of fragrance on the Dashboard !!

That way !! it will be complete and original !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Then why was he chain smoking to control his nerves, admitting that he was in mufti and positively begging me not to reveal his whereabouts? And, how come he seemed to know every detail of your Generalship's personal life, even down to that party after which you woke up in bed with a feather duster, a large watermelon and Colin the tortoise? Smoking howitzer methinks!

This can easily be explained my dear Watson, see CCs post re Mötled Otto, our undercover man in Berlin,  a stool-pigeon if ever I met one. Darling deliberately fed him tidbits of misinformation and the details of the alleged party proves it... it wasn't a watermelon, it was a cumquat. (Colin now resides in the drawing room, he makes a handy doorstop). 

Apart from my beloved Speckled Jim, I don't!...and the bit about the misuse of Marmite is a barefaced lie!

BTW, that parrot should be put on a charge...

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

This can easily be explained my dear Watson, see CCs post re Mötled Otto, our undercover man in Berlin,  a stool-pigeon if ever I met one. Darling deliberately fed him tidbits of misinformation and the details of the alleged party proves it... it wasn't a watermelon, it was a cumquat. (Colin now resides in the drawing room, he makes a handy doorstop). 

Apart from my beloved Speckled Jim, I don't!...and the bit about the misuse of Marmite is a barefaced lie!

Such a big Cumquat ??? Wow !! just say Wow !!

Sincerely

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

I already told it Dear General !!

Speckled Jim is a turn coat, I met him in London last year !!

His real name is Mötled Otto !! See, after a good rain his camo has faded away, revealing his real Luftwaffe colors !!

He was talking with some of his mates or moles who knows ??

About a certain party at Melchett's manor…. Hum ! There was some words about misusing some Marmite…

Now be carefull about this obsessed Parrot too !!

The revealing by SJ of these parties induce this little Parrot to trying to have a close Relationship with a tennis ball !!

Oh Dear Martian !

Now you turn this build into an italian Cabriolet ??

So Don't you forget the pilot with an elbow out from the side widow !!

The little red horn hanging on the interior rear view mirror, the false fox tail on the aerial….

Optionnally the fox tail can be replaced by a nice feminine underwear !!

Oh and a bottle of fragrance on the Dashboard !!

That way !! it will be complete and original !!

Sincerely.

CC

So the General's much loved pet is a Jerry nose poker inner then? Better break the news to him gently!

I am. in fact beginning to suspect that you may be related to our friend the General, perhaps the result of one of his wild orgies, thinly disguised as a staff conference.

6 hours ago, general melchett said:

A return visit to Dartmouth with some acetone, airbrush cleaner, a stool, some rope, a potty and Muttley, kindly loaned by my friend Dick Dastardly has revealed, after interrogation and the threat of a blurglecruncheon hanging over him, that Jim's plumage is/was indeed genuine and that his story checks out. The interview ended with something like "Tell Melchie I will never forget that night spent together in that Paris pigeon loft "?

Martian 👽 

• Haha 3

Take care CC, (Our man, south of Belgium), looks like your cover's been blown, bolt all the doors, hammer large crooked pieces of wood against all the windows etc...

A return visit to Dartmouth with some acetone, airbrush cleaner, a stool, some rope, a potty........ the threat of a blurglecruncheon hanging over him, 

Sounds like the makings of a romantic weekend to me... I've stayed in some pretty dodgy bordellos over the years but have absolutely no recollection of kipping in any Parisian pigeon lofts, but then again I may well have been very, very drunk.

Incidentally, I had heard a malicious rumour that there was an Italian tri-motor thingy knocking around here somewhere...anybody seen it?

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

8 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Incidentally, I had heard a malicious rumour that there was an Italian tri-motor thingy knocking around here somewhere...anybody seen it?

Last time I saw it, it was sitting on my bench awaiting tonight's session which should feature some more brass worrying.

Marian 👽

• Like 3

I have just now stumbled upon (tripped and fell flat on my face, more like it) this most interesting thread. Very nice work on the innards of this Italian wingy-thingy, Martian! A Lebanese Sparviero - now there's something you don't see every day (or any day, for that matter). And your Generalship, did you really have to bring up about poor Derek? I still haven't recovered from his untimely passing. And am I to take it that Speckled Jim is alive and well? The mere idea of him chain-smoking is of course, well, hardly worth mentioning it's so ridiculous. Mind you, he was not averse to a fine Cuban cigar with his sherry after the regimental dinner, but ciggies, never! By the by, not that this has anything to do with the subject at hand, and is more than a little off-subject (I know full well that threads involving you and/or that Martian chap are known, if for nothing else, their laser-like focus on the modelling aspect of whatever it is being modelled), and, err, where was I? Oh yes, my little off-topic remark. I was finally able to procure that most beauteous of aeroplanes, the refulgent La-200B by A&A Models. Splendiferous is much too weak a term to describe that plastic delight! I can now die if not happily, then at least not screaming at the fates (as I had always intended to do).

Best Regards to All Involved,

Jason 

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

20 minutes ago, Learstang said:

I have just now stumbled upon (tripped and fell flat on my face, more like it) this most interesting thread. Very nice work on the innards of this Italian wingy-thingy, Martian! A Lebanese Sparviero - now there's something you don't see every day (or any day, for that matter). And your Generalship, did you really have to bring up about poor Derek? I still haven't recovered from his untimely passing. And am I to take it that Speckled Jim is alive and well? The mere idea of him chain-smoking is of course, well, hardly worth mentioning it's so ridiculous. Mind you, he was not averse to a fine Cuban cigar with his sherry after the regimental dinner, but ciggies, never! By the by, not that this has anything to do with the subject at hand, and is more than a little off-subject (I know full well that threads involving you and/or that Martian chap are known, if for nothing else, their laser-like focus on the modelling aspect of whatever it is being modelled), and, err, where was I? Oh yes, my little off-topic remark. I was finally able to procure that most beauteous of aeroplanes, the refulgent La-200B by A&A Models. Splendiferous is much too weak a term to describe that plastic delight! I can now die if not happily, then at least not screaming at the fates (as I had always intended to do).

Best Regards to All Involved,

Jason 

I can confirm that Speckled Jim did survive his interrogation and has been formally cleared of espionage. He was however, walking a little strangely following application of the blurglecruncheon to verify the truth of his statement.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Ere! I've put this 'ere Parrot on a fizzer, like wot the Toff said.

Now it won't shut up, It only speaks French!

It could be arskin fer a lawyer?

An' it's smoked all me woodbines!

I dunno, Matey... 

• Haha 3

he was not averse to a fine Cuban cigar with his sherry after the regimental dinner

True, true..... sadly, Derek became the regimental dinner, but we didn't half give him a decent send-off, he went down particularly well with a bottle of chianti and a long Montecristo. 

I'm glad to hear that you managed to finally bag an La-200B!...I've had one on the go ever since it was first unleashed on the unsuspecting public, along with the NH Detail PE set (which has two left-hand wheel bay linings for some odd reason...of course it's possible that  the mind of the PE bod was severely sprained when he first clapped eyes on the subject matter!)

He was however, walking a little strangely following application of the blurglecruncheon 

This is very distressing news...I've ordered Darling to send in a rescue party headed by Lord Flasheart and his wife Bob...they'll be round to your gaff shortly, to administer a sound blurglethrashing of their own, and recover my one and only true boyhood friend! 

Or a packet of Gauloise to take away the 'orrible taste of the Woodbines!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Ere! I've put this 'ere Parrot on a fizzer, like wot the Toff said.

Now it won't shut up, It only speaks French!

An' it's smoked all me woodbines!

I dunno, Matey... 

Its a parakeet, a now invasive species. as it happens so it will most likely get off on a technicality. You really must phrase your charges accurately. I wonder what an accurate caution in parakeet would sound like? 

14 minutes ago, general melchett said:

True, true..... sadly, Derek became the regimental dinner, but we didn't half give him a decent send-off, he went down particularly well with a bottle of chianti and a long Montecristo. 

I'm glad to hear that you managed to finally bag an La-200B!...I've had one on the go ever since it was first unleashed on the unsuspecting public, along with the NH Detail PE set (which has two left-hand wheel bay linings for some odd reason...of course it's possible that  the mind of the PE bod was severely sprained when he first clapped eyes on the subject matter!)

This is very distressing news...I've ordered Darling to send in a rescue party headed by Lord Flasheart and his wife Bob...they'll be round to your gaff shortly, to administer a sound blurglethrashing of their own, and recover my one and only true boyhood friend! 

Or a packet of Gauloise to take away the 'orrible taste of the Woodbines!

Confession! The General finally admits parentage of the Dartmouth One!

Err, how did we get to asylum seeking avians in the West Country?

Martian von Long Since Lost the Plot 👽

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

25 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Parakeet, schmarakeet already, There's a difference?

Now, where did I put that packet of kosher Paxo?

@Fritag is a lawyer perhaps he can enlighten us along with how to deliver a legally binding caution to a parakeet. He seems to have time on his hands. Well he's not Hawk worrying at the moment anyway.

23 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

There was a plot?

Well, I kind of assumed that there was one but I have to confess though, that I didn't actually check. I wasn't aware that there was a requirement on the OP to make sure there was one.

Careless of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, general melchett said:

Take care CC, (Our man, south of Belgium), looks like your cover's been blown, bolt all the doors, hammer large crooked pieces of wood against all the windows etc...

Sounds like the makings of a romantic weekend to me... I've stayed in some pretty dodgy bordellos over the years but have absolutely no recollection of kipping in any Parisian pigeon lofts, but then again I may well have been very, very drunk.

:rofl2::rofl2:

Don't you worry My dear General !!

I'm a specialist in multi layered covers !!

Windows with armored glasses, can resist a 7,62 bullet….

Then my house is perched on a 6m high cliff !!

And I'm training some Falcons that started to behave like pigeons !! Funny little birds !! another covert ops in preparation !!

The Italian trimotor has now turned into a womanizer's cabriolet piloted by Aldo !!

I wait to see the result of our Dear Alien next installment !!

Finger crossed !!

MV5BOGMyZDI3MTktYjU0Ny00NjFkLWE5ZWQtZjY3ZTQ5ZjA3NjI0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMjUyNDk2ODc@._V1_

Ma ! Come Mama ???

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

Ah, Aldo, the quintessential Italian Alfa Male in his bright red peddle-car...scanning the horizon for any local 'totty' with whom to share the driving/peddling/canoodling and in so doing becoming a potentially lethal traffic hazard......as open-top Italian drivers say when throwing their rearview mirrors over their heads... 'whatsa behinda me, does nota matter!

31753339547_f3a3d8a0f5_b.jpg&key=76644d7

I wait to see the result of our Dear Alien next installment !!

Finger crossed !!

Don't cross them too tightly....there's still an awful lot that could happen before we get to any more plastic fiddling!

Edited by general melchett
  • Haha 3