Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Martian Hale

Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Recommended Posts

19 minutes ago, Stromness said:

Holy Moly! That many people living close to houses of worship - and they all congregate on this forum.

We are certainly blessed .... sort of😇

We pride ourselves on having the modelling world's finest loonies here so you are indeed fortunate! Wibble!

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Savouring those Savoia internals Martian: the depth of structure that you put into the beast is really being emphasized quite beautifully now.

 

Fart repartee of the highest ordure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

Savouring those Savoia internals Martian: the depth of structure that you put into the beast is really being emphasized quite beautifully now.

 

Fart repartee of the highest ordure!

Thanks Tony, as for the repartee, its no less than one would expect from this august body.

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

 radiation bouncing off the lead on the Cathedral roof may cause slight aberations in ones mental process. 

I thought the Washingborough mob had nicked most of that, still, this is, of course, an unavoidable side-effect of living within spitting distance of what Victorian England's leading art critic and general know-it-all, John Ruskin described as the cathedral of Lincoln being ''out and out the most precious piece of architecture in the British Isles and roughly speaking worth any two other cathedrals we have."....Of course, he hadn't seen my post-apocalyptic outhouse at that point, but he's on the right lines...The close proximity of Waddington's AWACS and Airseekers may also have some influence on the situation and the fact that M Towers is situated directly beneath the approach is purely coincidental!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Martian

Just caught up again, you crazy peoples. Great work on the interior, it looks thoroughly amazing. 

Keep up the great work

All the best

Chris

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Martian

Just caught up again, you crazy peoples. Great work on the interior, it looks thoroughly amazing. 

Keep up the great work

All the best

Chris

Thanks Chris, not far to go before I get the fuselage buttoned up.

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

not far to go before I get the fuselage buttoned up.

Always a defining moment I feel and a great milestone in any good build!

 

Things are certainly looking very good inside that fuselage Martian.

 

Terry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Always a defining moment I feel and a great milestone in any good build!

 

Things are certainly looking very good inside that fuselage Martian.

 

Terry

Thanks Terry, I could do with things being a bit less busy at the moment, I don't even seem to have time to pass wind, let alone get any time in my room!

 

Hassled of Mars 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have the same problem. Frustrating isn't it?

Busy of Lincs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I have the same problem. Frustrating isn't it?

Busy of Lincs

Just a bit, everything seems to be piling in at once since we got back from Scotland.

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Quick! head back North (But take this build with you).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even as great as this model promises to be, may I suggest just a little teeny tiny change?

It's a matter of some minor tweaking, totally doable at this stage: proceed to disassemble it completely and reassemble it as a civil passenger carrier, it will take only a minute or two and would make my Preiser figures so happy. And when they are happy, they mate and reproduce, augmenting the supply.

Far from me to suggest changes or criticize other modeler's build, but being this only a minor nothing, and potentially the cause of so much improvement, I thought I just contribute my two cents (pennies? shillings? twopences? quarter farthings?).

Cheers

He who what when why

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 18:11, Moa said:

Even as great as this model promises to be, may I suggest just a little teeny tiny change?

It's a matter of some minor tweaking, totally doable at this stage: proceed to disassemble it completely and reassemble it as a civil passenger carrier, it will take only a minute or two and would make my Preiser figures so happy. And when they are happy, they mate and reproduce, augmenting the supply.

Far from me to suggest changes or criticize other modeler's build, but being this only a minor nothing, and potentially the cause of so much improvement, I thought I just contribute my two cents (pennies? shillings? twopences? quarter farthings?).

Cheers

He who what when why

 

Has anyone ever told you that you are a very silly Earthling Moa? However, to keep you happy, I recently bought a small civil project to build on these august forums. Well, I bought the project because I like the aeroplane but it should make you happy anyway.

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 18:10, Pete in Lincs said:

Quick! head back North (But take this build with you).

An excellent plan except for two small details. Firstly, the severe lack of funds following two breaks in less than six weeks and secondly, the small matter of needing a large van to transport all my tools, paints, compressor etc. Otherwise a good effort!

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

the small matter of needing a large van to transport all my tools, paints, compressor etc. Otherwise a good effort!

With a few minor tweaks - behold! The cross-country modelling bench!

Volvo-bv-1-1110.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TheBaron said:

With a few minor tweaks - behold! The cross-country modelling bench!

Volvo-bv-1-1110.jpg

 

Anyone got a spare one going cheap, very cheap?

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Anyone got a spare one going cheap, very cheap?

For the playboys amongst us...

https://www.machineryzone.eu/used/vehicles-other/13669016/bv206-hagglunds-diesel-refurbished-with-warranty.html

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

A mere week's wages for the nautical playboys of the Maritime Volunteer Service...

https://www.machineryzone.eu/used/vehicles-other/13669016/bv206-hagglunds-diesel-refurbished-with-warranty.html

 

Its very true that the MVS has a very equitable pay structure, we all get paid the same: sweet foxtrot alpha!

 

Broke of Mars 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I recently bought a small civil project to build on these august forums.

Oh, the galactic joy!

If it is for these august forums then it shall be built by August.

Starting the clock.

Very happy for you, Master Sandpaper would be so proud of you if he had ever existed!

You may even qualify for Modeling Heaven (where no kaboomba is allowed) with a number of such builds.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Moa said:

You may even qualify for Modeling Heaven (where no kaboomba is allowed) with a number of such builds.

I'm not sure that either Heaven or Hell will want me. I suspect the conversation will go something like this: "His halo has slipped so much that it is often mistaken for an ankle bracelet, so he can't come up here." Well he's not coming down here, like all Martians he will try and take over the place." "I know! Lets leave him to annoy the Earthlings for a bit longer while we figure out what to do with him."

 

Martian (Hoping that God has a sense of humour.) 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The above couple of posts have reminded me of a couple of really strange dreams I had recently.

 

In the first I had died and was told by St Peter to take a piece of chalk and write down all of my sins on each of the steps leading up to the Pearly Gates and then I would be let in. I had got just about halfway up and was starting to struggle for things to write when who should come charging down the stairs but @Mike, shouting "Out of the way Martian! I have run out of chalk!"

 

The second dream was a bit more bizarre. In it there was a long queue of people waiting to be let into Heaven. At the head of the queue Saint Peter was explaining that there might be a bit of a delay in processing people's entry as the angels had gone on strike and pending a resolution of their dispute, he was having to prioritise who could come in and when. He started making his way down the queue and asked the first person what he had been when he was alive. "I was a carpenter" says the man. "Sorry" says St Peter, " We have plenty of carpenters at the moment. In fact JC himself is a bit of a dab hand so you will have to wait for a bit." The next person he asks is an electrician. "Sorry" says St Peter, "We only had the place re-wired last week, so you will have to wait as well." Things carry on pretty much along these lines until St Peter stops at a small unremarkable looking man. "What did you do?" says St Peter. "I was a psychiatrist." replies the man. "Great!" enthuses St Peter. "You had better come in right away, we have been having a bit of trouble with God. For some reason he has started thinking that he is @general melchett !"

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

a couple of really strange dreams I had recently.

This is the best start to a Monday morning I've had in yonks. Woke children by braying like Brian Blessed.

Thanks Martian. Just. Thanks. 👍 😁

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TheBaron said:

This is the best start to a Monday morning I've had in yonks. Woke children by braying like Brian Blessed.

Thanks Martian. Just. Thanks. 👍 😁

 

You are most welcome Tony. I wish I could have sen your kid's reactions.

 

Martian 👽

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

In the first I had died and was told by St Peter to take a piece of chalk and write down all of my sins on each of the steps leading up to the Peary Gates and then I would be let in. I had got just about halfway up and was starting to struggle for things to write when who should come charging down the stairs but @Mike, shouting "Out of the way Martian! I have run out of chalk!"

Please Jeebus tell you're joking! Please? :unsure:   These Peary Gates you speak of.  Doesn't the juice make them a bit slippery? :wicked:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I'm not sure that either Heaven or Hell will want me. I suspect the conversation will go something like this: "His halo has slipped so much that it is often mistaken for an ankle bracelet, so he can't come up here." Well he's not coming down here, like all Martians he will try and take over the place." "I know! Lets leave him to annoy the Earthlings for a bit longer while we figure out what to do with him."

 

Martian (Hoping that God has a sense of humour.) 👽

Yup ! God have a great sense of humor !!

I concur to it Dear Alien since I've been thrown away from Heaven twice and I stop counting how many time I've been booted out from hell !!

So do you understand why I Don't fear the nasty corner ??? :cheers:

CC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote

Anyone got a spare one going cheap, very cheap?

You've obviously spent far too long north of Gretna Green Martian and picked up one or two of their national traits. Next, you'll be roamin' in the gloamin' wandering around the Trossachs with nowt on but your shredded sporran and a big silly grin, shouting 'wibble' at anyone who'll listen...

Quote

"we have been having a bit of trouble with God. For some reason he has started thinking that he is general melchett !" 

Seems perfectly reasonable to me, about time a bit of sanity prevailed around here....baaah

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...