Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Martian

7 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I already found him early this morning. It seems he's building something for bathtime. Rubber ducks aren't good enough any more.

Careful! If I can get Mrs Martian to find it there is a picture of a Martian, a pink inflatable flamingo and Sea Vixen in a state of undress somewhere. I may have to post it here.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

Thank you for your kind offer, but I suspect I may already have a copy hidden amongst my collection of 'artistic' French postcards from the first war.

I can't actually check at the moment as they are out on loan to a certain Military officer of this parish. He offered to have them hand coloured, or some such excuse.

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

Careful! If I can get Mrs Martian to find it there is a picture of a Martian, a pink inflatable flamingo and Sea Vixen in a state of undress somewhere. I may have to post it here.

Martian 👽

You obviously are not serious are'nt you ??

Great news about your hols !! 'til the 14th we will wait !!

And make some mess around !! Don't you worry...

Now, I'm going to hunt some fauvettes....

You seem to be a real clone of a bent wing bird fan of BM..... How many kits on the go Dear ETI ??

Regards to Mrs Martian !! Take a good rest... That's the best way to a complete recovery !

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

I already found him early this morning. It seems he's building something for bathtime. Rubber ducks aren't good enough any more.

Rubber ducks.... These aliens have some strange behavour...🤔

Usually here down on earth these accessories are mainly used by the dames...😈

Strange peoples indeed...:whistle:

Let's have a party, did you see Percy the puffin ??

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

You obviously are not serious are'nt you ??

Try me, Mrs Martian has already been asked to dig out said picture upon our return. Be afraid, be very afraid! :evil_laugh:

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

Glad yourself and Mrs M. can now go off roaming in the gloaming. Bon voyage to ye both.

23 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

He offered to have them hand coloured

Not heard it called that before.... 😆

8 hours ago, general melchett said:

Sea Vixen in a state of undress is unfathomable...

Centrefold from Playmatelot, Aug 1971:

s-l1600.jpg

• Haha 8

You are most welcome Getting Old. Progress will be resumed on 12th April as I am away until then.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry Pete but bringing the old compressor up here was a non-starter as it is very large and weighs a ton, not to mention bringing the spray booth along as well. There is some mayhem going on in the Maritime section if you need a fix.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry Pete but bringing the old compressor up here was a non-starter as it is very large and weighs a ton, not to mention bringing the spray booth along as well.

And what's wrong with a caravan may I ask?  Her Martianess could sit in splendid isolation within the wood-veneer clad, orange/beige crushed-velour glory that is the hallmark of every 1977 Swift Diddicoy-Minuette Mk 2. If absolutely necessary you could communicate via Skype... (a decent signal is, of course optional, the strength being dictated by the tone and direction of the conversation), if unavailable, an old dash-cam would work just as well, (admittedly a one-way conversation). Meanwhile, the precious cargo of compressor, spray booth, paintbox and workbench can be carefully packed onto the passenger seats and boot of the old jalopy in climate-controlled comfort  (pillows, cushions, duvets etc for padding, preferably your best, for added protection) where you can keep a weather eye to ensure that they come to no harm...I'm sure she'd agree it all makes perfect sense...

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Here I've been away from this thread for some time (not enough time I hear you say), and it's only up to page 32!? For shame! However, If I may, your most August Generalship, I believe the strength of the Skype signal depends largely on the strength and endurance of the hamster powering the wretched thing, at least it does with my Skype setup.

Best Regards,

Jason (often referred to as 'Oh Good Heavens, not him again!')

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

If I may, your most August Generalship, I believe the strength of the Skype signal depends largely on the strength and endurance of the hamster powering the wretched thing, at least it does with my Skype setup.

Good Lord, August already..only seems five minutes since Darling was dangling his baubles on the yuletide conifer and casually lounging beneath the mistletoe hoping to catch the eye of any local floozies that managed to get through the minefield, machine gun emplacements and barbed wire fencing in the Victory Garden.

You have a hamster? Honestly Darling, I really must modernise and upgrade from the two-legged blind/deaf/asthmatic tortoise who curiously responds to Alan, (kindly donated by Field Marshal and Lady Haig) who is currently employed to service mine...we are so behind the times here.  

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Good Lord, August already..only seems five minutes since Darling was dangling his baubles on the yuletide conifer and casually lounging beneath the mistletoe hoping to catch the eye of any local floozies that managed to get through the minefield, machine gun emplacements and barbed wire fencing in the Victory Garden.

You have a hamster? Honestly Darling, I really must modernise and upgrade from the two-legged blind/deaf/asthmatic tortoise who curiously responds to Alan, (kindly donated by Field Marshal and Lady Haig) who is currently employed to service mine...we are so behind the times here.  

A tortoise named Alan ???

Unfeasible !!! :rofl2:

CC :cheers:

• Haha 3

My hamster, Lord Beaverbrook, is an indefatigable little rotter, and not only powers my Skype setup, but also my computer, my house, and half of the neighbourhood. Perhaps it's the picture of the rather charming little lady hamster I have, forever just out of Lord Beaverbrook's reach, that keeps his sturdy little legs churning away in his little wheel. Oh dear, he does look like he's slowing down, now. I must finish this before the computer loses power...

Bestest,

Jason

P.S. So am I to understand that Sir and Lady Haig have finally parted ways with their dear Alan? I suppose it was the asthma that was too much for them, what with dealing with their horse's whooping cough, what's the beast's name now, Lord Chelmsford or some such, or was it Lady Chatterley? 

Edited by Learstang
Because I can't just leave well-enough alone.
  • Haha 4

Back to the naughty corner CC! Incidentally were you always in trouble at school? I seem to recognize something in me in you; to whit the inability to stay out of trouble for very long.

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

Right, I got back from Scotland late last night and as soon as I have finished unpacking, I shall try and wrest control of this thread back from Melchett and Pete in Lincs and tidy up the mess they have made. Not that I ever had much control past post number one anyway. Marine First Aid refresher course tomorrow and then my diary is reasonably clear for a few days. The promised parts arrived from the excellent @Moa while I was away so I can get those fitted and we can get ready to bung some paint at this beast.

Martian 👽

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I shall try and wrest control of this thread back from Melchett and Pete in Lincs and tidy up the mess they have made.

Good luck with that!... Like Oberon, Third Stage Guild Navigator, us yella-bellies have plans within plans. We've been in cahoots ever since the beginning and when the time is right will join forces following a pincer movement in preparation for the final phase of Operation Winkle etc...

Hope you both feel suitably rested and relaxed after your spot of furlough and ready to face the music...you do realise it was only ever a brief respite from the trenches!

Which one do you choose dear general melchett ??

Can I phone a friend?

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Marklo said:

Welcome back. So is there any actual, eh you know modelling going on in this thread?

Give me chance to unpack, we only got back very late last night. All being well modelling will resume this evening.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

Hello Dear green one !!

At school ?? Let's say that I was responsible for some political animation ! :whistle:

It's not trouble anyway !! It was for improve the british humor knowledge of my classmates !! 😈

Back to the naughty corner ?? Did I ever leave it ?? :rofl2:

The General choose to call a friend !! only one joker left !!

Modelling ?? It's only modelling on here !! and serious modelling I'll say !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 3