Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Martian

1 minute ago, longshanks said:

Some would say (not me of course :wicked: ) that sense is possibly one of the last things we would expect from you 😉

That said looks like you've done a cracking job

Kev

Thanks Kev, I did rather set myself up for that one! Why am I not surprised that you were the first to pick up on it?

Martian 👽

12 minutes ago, bbudde said:

Looking great so far Martian 👁️. Great work to an old raw kit,  I have to admit! Looks great so far.👍

Thanks Bbudde, Thus far it has been a lot of fun, both doing the modelling and participating in the associated banter.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bbudde said:

Glad, you feel comfortable with it. Cheers Benedikt 

I think that's a result of me deciding not to do anything on the model that I don't feel like doing. and keeping going at, for me at least a reasonably fast pace. I find that the more I think about my builds, the more complicated they become which recently has not helped in getting something finished.

Martian 👽

• Like 3

On 2/16/2019 at 7:25 PM, Martian Hale said:

. I also knew a women who managed to flip a Seven onto it's roof and merely suffered a broken leg.

Presumably she's now learned her lesson about driving with a leg sticking up through the sunroof.

On 2/16/2019 at 7:01 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

I hear he's partial to a tube of Autosol.

I initially read that as 'Anusol' and didn't bat an eyelid. Clearly I've been hanging around @Martian Hale threads for too long.

On 2/20/2019 at 8:42 AM, limeypilot said:

Two months later I got a letter telling me I had an appeal date in June! I got another job in June so the appeal was rejected and I got fined for not having insurance!

When Interpol finally catch up with you in your desert lair, remember the many kind friends on here Ian who will be happy to give thoughtful and helpful character references to the authorities on your behalf. :evil_laugh:

12 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I have been spending a fair bit of time underneath my mistress. Fret ye not, Mrs Martian is fully aware and is supportive.

Poole always looked such a quiet and unassuming place but now sounds like Caligula would complain to the council about the noise from the neighbours...

12 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Hopefully that all makes sense?

Elegant and refined ministrations to those engines and spinners! :thumbsup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

I have been spending a fair bit of time underneath my mistress. Mrs Martian is fully aware and is supportive.

Ah, the old ménage à trois eh...I tried it once with the Mem and Flashheart...did not end well fer Flash :analintruder:  (shouldn't that read 'Mrs Martian is fully awake and is sporting'?)

Hopefully that all makes sense?

I refer the learned gentlemartian to the reply submitted by young longshanks...

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Clearly I've been hanging around @Martian Hale threads for too long.

As opposed to Baron threads that are eminently sensible and full of learned debate?

49 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Ah, the old ménage à trois eh...I tried it once with the Mem and Flashheart...did not end well fer Flash :analintruder:  (shouldn't that read 'Mrs Martian is fully awake and is sporting'?)

No, we were at it while Mrs Martian went out and were still going strong when she returned.

2 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Poole always looked such a quiet and unassuming place but now sounds like Caligula would complain to the council about the noise from the neighbours...

Elegant and refined ministrations to those engines and spinners! :thumbsup:

There were no complaints even though we were in the street.

Martian the Luche 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, general melchett said:

Damn drugs, you'll have to decrease the dosage,

Beer and opiates, you can't beat them!

4 hours ago, general melchett said:

I really must visit Poole sometime, sounds like it's right up my alley...

Sarah-Jane says a car's exhaust is her own private castle and she will defend her's with her life! Well, yours and anyone else's as well if push comes to shove!

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

her's?

really?

oh...

Nevertheless I will defend your and Sarah_Jane's right to defend herself as any other classic oil leaker is entitled to do

(Just back in from an afternoon of fruitless errands all made tolerable by driving to them in the Midget...)

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, perdu said:

I will defend your and Sarah_Jane's right to defend herself as any other classic oil leaker is entitled to do

A good film of motor oil on the nether regions never did any car any harm. I said any car @general melchett, not anyone!

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

Nevertheless I will defend your and Sarah_Jane's right to defend herself as any other classic oil leaker is entitled to do

Well, leaking oil, squeaking brakes, plenty of play in the 'steering', corrosion and the unnerving stench of leaking petroleum are all joys of British-built car ownership...used to be the same with the old stuff too...

A good film of motor oil on the nether regions never did any car any harm. 

I've had a good scour of t'internet and couldn't find a single film about oiling my nether regions...though I did find an interesting documentary about Dutch offshore platforms...didn't mention any cars though... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Well, leaking oil, squeaking brakes, plenty of play in the 'steering', corrosion and the unnerving stench of leaking petroleum are all joys of British-built car ownership...used to be the same with the old stuff too...

If you are a well behaved General, I will give you a ride in Sarah-Jane at Telford, If you are a bad General, I will give you two rides in her. Either way it should be interesting as for some totally inexplicable reason she has suddenly gone right off members of the Imperial General Staff.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

Won't happen dear alien, he's demurred a couple of times when offered the keys of my little Abingdonian

Oooh you fibber...I would have happily ridden for joy in your microscopicus Mug-Mudget at Brum and Bagington, to name but three... only after seeing you pottering around Castle Combe I had to think twice about the whole thing...you never even got out to offer the poor chap your insurance papers...bad form!

If you are a well behaved General, I will give you a ride in Sarah-Jane at Telford, If you are a bad General, I will give you two rides in her. Either way it should be interesting as for some totally inexplicable reason she has suddenly gone right off members of the Imperial General Staff.

In that case, I'll be on my best behaviour, as the thought of more than one lap of the Telford one-way system brings me out in hives...one year I was stuck in it for 4 days. If SJ has an issue with the General Staff then can she be trusted to take me around the block a few times without serious incident, ejected through the cloth roof in true 007 style? carbon monoxide poisoning? (well in fairness it IS a BL car) etc, etc.....good lord, I'm having flashbacks, it's Gallipoli all over again :shutup:

• Haha 3

56 minutes ago, perdu said:

Won't happen dear alien, he's demurred a couple of times when offered the keys of my little Abingdonian

However, you can offer the sublime Triumphant can't you...

I'm not quite so daft as to offer him the keys, heaven forbid. Now if it was his driver, that comely lass Bobby Parker...…...

13 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

When Matt LeBlanc bows out of Top Gear I believe that the next team of presenters have now been identified....

A doddle, at least they would have someone talking some sense. None of these computers on wheels jobbies.

Petrolhead of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, general melchett said:

In that case, I'll be on my best behaviour, as the thought of more than one lap of the Telford one-way system brings me out in hives...one year I was stuck in it for 4 days. If SJ has an issue with the General Staff then can she be trusted to take me around the block a few times without serious incident, ejected through the cloth roof in true 007 style? carbon monoxide poisoning? (well in fairness it IS a BL car) etc, etc.....good lord, I'm having flashbacks, it's Gallipoli all over again :shutup:

Sarah-Jane says you can choose your preferred method of shuffling off this mortal coil. Did I say she has got the hump? :chair:

Martian 👽

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, Pete in Lincs said:

I don't pay my licence fee to see Martians on the BBC! 

Ah, Her indoors say we didn't pay it yet anyway.

Ahem, carry on.

Oh, and that crash, ouch!

It made even my stomachs turn and I drive for the opposition!

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

Where was I before I got side-tracked dealing with naughty Generals? Ah, yes, I remember! I was about to report on the latest kit worrying activities. Today I got stuck into the main undercarriage doors. These have a perforated inner skin on the real aircraft. I used the kit doors as patterns for the inner skins which were fabricated from .10 'thou card cut to the same shape but smaller all round. The perforations were then marked out and small pilot holes drilled as a guide for the larger drill bitts used for getting the final diameter. The kit doors were then thinned down as much as I dared and the inner skins glued into place. This was harder than it sounds as the inner skins seemed to object to having large holes drilled in them and I ended up trashing quite a few before I got some I was reasonably happy with. They are by no means perfect but there is no way I am going to make any more any time soon!

Seeing as I was working on the undercarriage, I decided to let myself in for further punishment by making the fittings and piping for the aircraft's brakes. These were fabricated from stupidly small slices of Albion Alloys' brass tubing with some Little Cars' wire exiting at the lower ends to form the flexible part of the plumbing where it connects with the brakes. I also added some representative brakes to the wheels and drilled and fitted these to accept a brass connection point for the brakes hoses.

Thanks for looking.

Martian 👽

114.jpg

115.jpg

116.jpg

117.jpg

• Like 11

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

You may want to rephrase that.

The penny just dropped! You are an evil, wicked and very silly child, by opposition I meant Triumph!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2