Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Martian

16 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Thom and thanks for the heart attack you nearly gave me when you queried the Lebanese markings. Vengeance will be swift! :chair:Anyway, everybody knows that Martian roundels are Mr Blobby pink with a bright yellow centre. 

Martian 👽

Didn't mean to 'almost' give you a heart attack! Maybe... 😏 Good to know about those Martian roundels however. Shall make future identifications easier in the future!

All hail our future Martian overlords!

• Like 1

14 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Oh dear Martian !

It was 2 years ago !! A nightmare for sure !! But she was standing proud at Telford !!

Martian magic at its best !!

And is'nt there a Green lightning over the pink and yellow Martian roundel ???

CC

Thanks CC.

13 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

She looks stunning. I love that black lightning strike on there fuselage. The doors look ok to me. Are they on the right way in that underside photograph? 

Thanks Johnny. The doors were indeed the wrong way round when the picture was taken. I noticed them when I was doing the pictures. They have long since been corrected.

10 hours ago, Thom216 said:

All hail our future Martian overlords!

Thank you Earthling.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

As promised, the model is now complete and even more astonishingly, the Martian finishes a third model this year!. I always put my models on a base and I found a couple of pictures of one of these aircraft sitting in some long grass, so I went with that as a surface as I feel that it sets off the colour of the model quite nicely. I will get a small brass name plate engraved tomorrow for that final bit of bling.

Ladies and Gentlemen, as always it has been pleasure to model for you. I have enjoyed both the build and the world class banter that has gone along with it.

More pictures in RFI.

Martian 👽

s34.jpg

• Like 26

Well, that came out rather well Martian! and in just a blink of the eye, (or so it seems to me, trapped in the ever shrinking space/time continuum bubble that surrounds me these days). Bravo, wonderful result old sausage...nice to see the old bus wearing esoteric apparel for a change.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, general melchett said:

Well, that came out rather well Martian! and in just a blink of the eye, (or so it seems to me, trapped in the ever shrinking space/time continuum bubble that surrounds me these days). Bravo, wonderful result old sausage...nice to see the old bus wearing esoteric apparel for a change.

Cheers Melchie. Quirky, weird, esoteric or just plain oddball are always welcome at Martian Towers.

4 hours ago, hendie said:

very nice Martian, very nice indeed

Thanks Hendie.

Martian 👽

Bella bella bellisimo Martian

Off to feast the eyes in RFI

Thank you for allowing us onboard this exotic lady with you

(Not entirely sure if that says what I mean but sure you will arrange a suitable penance if necessary)

😱

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, perdu said:

Bella bella bellisimo Martian

Off to feast the eyes in RFI

Thank you for allowing us onboard this exotic lady with you

(Not entirely sure if that says what I mean but sure you will arrange a suitable penance if necessary)

😱

Thanks Bill, that is sufficiently grovelyl.

17 minutes ago, The Spadgent said:

Set to stun! 🙌 🥇🛸🚀

Thanks for the journey. Here’s to the next. 🍻 off to the RFI for some eye candy. 🥳

Jont.

Thanks Johnny. I am holding back on the choice of the next nostalgia build until after Telford, as we all know SMW can turn all previously laid plans on their collective heads. Anyway, I still have that Roc to finish so I can get @corsaircorp off of my case for a few minutes!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

It’s over? What are we going to do now? I suppose sidle over to the Roc thread while waiting for the next epic to start.

love the Sm 79 by the way, looks very different. Impressive build

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

In a final twist, a flock of 1/72 sheep landed on the doormat at Martian Towers today. The plan, having been planted in my already deranged mind by our very own @general melchett is to have one grazing in the long grass for Telford and then to add the rest of the flock and perhaps a shepherd after the show. I think it should make for a rather quaint diorama. All I have to do now is learn to paint a sheep before Telford. Something else I know absolutely nothing about! Who said "no change there then"?

Martian 👽 

• Haha 2

The painting of sheep is a very specialized art and not to be undertaken lightly by the novice, practice on the cat or Memsahib before attempting to 'worry' the Woollyback.

then to add the rest of the flock and perhaps a shepherd after the show. I think it should make for a rather quaint diorama. 

Quaint indeed, a masterful plan Martian...be a good fellow though and be sure to paint the shepherd Welsh, would you, they'd make a lovely couple. Maybe add a big pair of bright green Wellies and have him wearing a huge, beaming smile.....ah, happy memories....Beeeaah.

• Haha 4

Are the sheep going to be with or without the stockings and suspenders? Just asking for a .........(insert Welsh/Kiwi/Woody Allen fan according to locale) friend.

Ian

Edited by limeypilot
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Well the sheep I've seen recently in fields have blue,orange or green blobs or numbers painted on them.

Maybe it's a fashion thing?

I got confused enough with the Arabic on the model sp I think I will give numbers on the sheep a miss.

4 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

That’s just lovely.  Bravo!

Thank you Crisp.

10 hours ago, general melchett said:

The painting of sheep is a very specialized art and not to be undertaken lightly by the novice, practice on the cat or Memsahib before attempting to 'worry' the Woollyback.

Quaint indeed, a masterful plan Martian...be a good fellow though and be sure to paint the shepherd Welsh, would you, they'd make a lovely couple. Maybe add a big pair of bright green Wellies and have him wearing a huge, beaming smile.....ah, happy memories....Beeeaah.

I have just located the nagging doubt at the back of my mind when I thought the sheep were a bit of a cunning plan. 

5 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Are the sheep going to be with or without the stockings and suspenders? Just asking for a .........(insert Welsh/Kiwi/Woody Allen fan according to locale) friend.

Ian

I refer the Earthling to the answer I gave our esteemed General. Incidentally, you have been detailed to calm the said General down.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

Good spot Don, he's truly spoilt for choice...ah, the Torwen Badger Faced Welsh Mountain Sheep......so many happy memories of a more carefree, lawless society and as for my old hunting partner, the Eppynt Hill & Beulah Speckled Face, well, he had many an adventure with my trusty Martini-Henry and a head start... 

• Haha 2

Oddly enough the blighter wouldn't stand still long enough to take a swatch at the time, despite Baldrick's somewhat hamfisted attempts at seduction, however, I can attest to his present colouration as he's  currently performing sterling service as a hearth rug in front of the dining room fireplace, where he valiantly served on two fronts.  

• Haha 3

The problem with painting sheep is getting them to stand still, that and having enough paint. They are considerably larger than the average model airplane. 

Now I did recently have occasion to paint one recently but it was made from earthenware so that probably doesn’t count. 

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Well the sheep I've seen recently in fields have blue,orange or green blobs or numbers painted on them.

Maybe it's a fashion thing?

That's because the rams are fitted with a "rubber stamp" of a set colour on their bellies so the farmer knows which ram did which ewe!

Sorry to get so technical, but wouldn't life be more interesting if we all had one of those? 🤣

Ian

• Haha 2