Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Martian

I'm beginning to think I was lucky just having to cope with three symbols. The sooner the proposed Martian-Arabic dictionary comes out the better!

Overwhelmed of Mars 👽

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Moa said:

You ate your teachers too?

You may be taxing your welcome to this planet, Martian 👽 

Wicked Earthling! I meant the insatiable and incorrigible bit! I'm deeply hurt!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SxI7B758XBQ

Wounded of Mars 👽

• Haha 4

The model is now sitting on it's undercarriage which leads to the "deliberate" mistake. A certain plonker of this parish managed to glue the undercarriage doors on the wrong way round! :banghead: Following a bout of unprintable alien cursing, directed mostly at myself, they have now been removed and glued on the correct way round. I did manage to get the bomb bay doors on right though, probably because there was only one way they could fit! I put it all down to still being traumatised by @Moa's suggestion that I eat humans.

The masking has been removed from the transparencies and the DF fairing fitted to the top of the fuselage.  The landing light and navigation lights came from Little Cars' lenses. 

I think that another couple of sessions at the bench should see this build completed. I am in serious danger of finishing three models this year with a fourth in with a sporting chance of getting finished as well. @Mike had better get a team of councillors on standby for those BM members who cannot cope with such an unheard of scenario!  :frantic:

Thanks for looking 

Martian 👽

PS; The pictures were taken before I noticed the undercarriage doors.

s29.jpg

s30.jpg

s31.jpg

s32.jpg

s33.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

She's absolutely gorgeous! Definitely a little different, and beautifully done!

Ian

Thanks Ian, lets see if I can avoid stuffing it up at the last hurdle. It wouldn't be the first time.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

That looks just beautiful.

Also, congratulations on creating and following through on what - for my money anyhow! - has been by the proverbial country mile (or perhaps its Martian equivalent, whatever that might be?) the most entertaining Britmodeller thread of 2019!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Hamden said:

Absolutely superb what a great result!

Roger

Thanks Roger, still quite a bit to do though.

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Simply splendid. Award yourself a lie down.

Beer first :drink:then lie down, I've only just downed tools for the day. Should be finished this weekend. My reward? Busting my guts trying to finish the Roc that @corsaircorp keeps nagging me about.

1 hour ago, TheBaron said:

I love it! 👏

All Mars should be proud of you.

Thanks Tony, I doubt if the Red Planet will go that far, slightly less ashamed maybe.

25 minutes ago, hopkp said:

That looks just beautiful.

Also, congratulations on creating and following through on what - for my money anyhow! - has been by the proverbial country mile (or perhaps its Martian equivalent, whatever that might be?) the most entertaining Britmodeller thread of 2019!

Thanks but not quite there yet. Its always the last few bits that seem to take the longest.

Martian 👽

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, woody37 said:

Wow, that is quite stunning and something a little different :)

Thanks Woody, she should be in RFI within the next few days.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

Tremeeendous work my Dear Alien !!

Congratulations !! We will have a beer on this one...

And then 2 more Rocket fuel on your finished Roc !! :cheers:

I crack on mine too ! Believe me !!

Great job once again 

• Like 1

Thanks CC. I am back on the Roc this weekend as soon as I have put the finishing touches to this build. No promises but I will give it my best shot to have it ready on time.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, stevehnz said:

A very pretty effort indeed @Martian Hale, it has been quite a journey but worth the wading through the undergrowth ;) to get to the end & a most pleasant ending it is. :)

Steve.

Thanks Steve, not quite an ending yet, I reckon I have a day's work left to do before she is finished.

Martian 👽

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Steve, not quite an ending yet, I reckon I have a day's work left to do before she is finished.

Martian 👽

Near enough for this lad anyway, now for goodness sake, don't go dropping it at this stage. ;)

Steve.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Near enough for this lad anyway, now for goodness sake, don't go dropping it at this stage. ;)

Steve.

Many a true word and all that; that is exactly.what I did with my SH-34 build a couple of years back, leading to a very stressed week getting her repaired in time for SMW. I was not a happy Martian! :swear:

5 hours ago, Thom216 said:

That is a lovely looking model. Nice job.

I have to ask though, you say this is Lebanese markings, but I think the red circle in the insignia has some other meaning? Mars itself perhaps...🤨

Thanks Thom and thanks for the heart attack you nearly gave me when you queried the Lebanese markings. Vengeance will be swift! :chair:Anyway, everybody knows that Martian roundels are Mr Blobby pink with a bright yellow centre. 

3 hours ago, philp said:

I have always wanted to see this plane finished in these markings.  Thanks for letting me mark that one off.

I think she looks fantastic.

Thanks Phil, I'm glad you like her.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, perdu said:

Absobloominglutely gorgeous

Thanks for this one Martian, utterly sublime

Thanks Bill, I don't think she is that good though. She should be finished sometime today.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Many a true word and all that; that is exactly.what I did with my SH-34 build a couple of years back, leading to a very stressed week getting her repaired in time for SMW. I was not a happy Martian! :swear:

Thanks Thom and thanks for the heart attack you nearly gave me when you queried the Lebanese markings. Vengeance will be swift! :chair:Anyway, everybody knows that Martian roundels are Mr Blobby pink with a bright yellow centre. 

Martian 👽

Oh dear Martian !

It was 2 years ago !! A nightmare for sure !! But she was standing proud at Telford !!

Martian magic at its best !!

And is'nt there a Green lightning over the pink and yellow Martian roundel ???

CC

• Like 1