Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Martian

On 04/10/2019 at 11:13, Martian Hale said:

The model received some pre-shading this morning. I don't usually go for this technique but in this instance, feel it is appropriate in this case to add some interest for the aircraft's monochrome finish. It will be kept very subdued as these aircraft seem to have been kept in pretty mush immaculate condition. The MVS patrol season now being over for this year, I shall have more time to devote to getting this finished. I am away on holiday for a week from tomorrow but shall be right back on this as soon as I get back.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

s18.jpg

s17.jpg

Looking forward to seeing this finished

• Thanks 1

On 10/6/2019 at 6:40 AM, Martian Hale said:

Thanks Tony, we arrived safely after battling with the M27, M3 and the M25.

Seeing as how these are all Messier objects there can be no doubting your extraterrestrial credentials Martian!

th?id=OIP.EAlzo9AAkl1rx5x0Vh_RZQHaFj&pid

275px-Messier3_-_HST_-_Potw1914a.jpg

th?id=OIP.BwHxrgv3Ga3XxtFYLxTiOwHaE7&pid

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

19 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Seeing as how these are all Messier objects there can be no doubting your extraterrestrial credentials Martian!

I'll have you know that I've bagged all Messier objects with my 30cm Dob, and a whole bunch of NGC objects as well. Strangely, though, in all my observations of the Red Planet, I have yet to spot the tentacled one. Perhaps he just happened to be off somewhere, flying around in his Luft 46 saucer.   :)

Cheers,

Bill

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

17 minutes ago, Navy Bird said:

I'll have you know that I've bagged all Messier objects with my 30cm Dob

Kudos! Should have pegged you for a Dobsonian gent Bill. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

I have yet to spot the tentacled one.

That's because he's either in the mancave, bobbing around on the Channel or away on holiday. The blighter doesn't stand still for long!

Mind you, if @corsaircorp isn't careful with the fondue, then all the chairs and carpet will be sticky and he'll have to stand still.

(I'll not mention what the spicy noodles have done to the floor in the kitchen). (Honestly, Lino, in this day and age).

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

I'll have you know that I've bagged all Messier objects with my 30cm Dob, and a whole bunch of NGC objects as well. Strangely, though, in all my observations of the Red Planet, I have yet to spot the tentacled one. Perhaps he just happened to be off somewhere, flying around in his Luft 46 saucer.   :)

Cheers,

Bill

I'm only six feet tall, just how big is your telescope? As to bagging all those objects, I don't think there is a single person in the UK who would deny you possession of the M25, aka the world's biggest car park. You may come and collect it as soon as you like.

8 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

That's because he's either in the mancave, bobbing around on the Channel or away on holiday. The blighter doesn't stand still for long!

Mind you, if @corsaircorp isn't careful with the fondue, then all the chairs and carpet will be sticky and he'll have to stand still.

(I'll not mention what the spicy noodles have done to the floor in the kitchen). (Honestly, Lino, in this day and age).

Mrs Martian is sooo looking forward to getting home!

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

What ?? Sticky carpet ??

helvetesfondu

Come on Steve !!

Have a doggy Martini !!

71243398_155758552198955_1033025100242223104_n

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

I was about to post the original pic but the caption was a bit explicit and so I modified it !!

Here's the real Doggy Martini !!

69877502_2676725999005879_7447375181326057472_n

Do'nt you worry Dear Alien !!

We gonna clean up after the party !!

Hope that pete will come soon with the citern of cider !!

Sincerely !

CC

• Haha 3

Then my Friend Misato is coming to Poole too !!

Hope that she will not argue too much with the police woman...

20hepgl3lbk21

@Pete in Lincs can you bring some japanese beer for her...

she's a hard drinker !!

Thank you beforehand !!

CC

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Andwil said:

I’m not sure quite what is happening here 

Don't worry, nobody else does either, least of all me.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

It's on the van, but we have to get through all this German and Belgian beer to get to it. Tsk!

To get to this?

th?id=OIP.ctna50ky3o7d7ffxCqv1RAAAAA&pid

Your wagon is like the United Nations of beer Pete...

• Haha 2

Jees...I thought I would follow this thread but I'm losing the will to live!.  41 Pages with many irrelevant posts and still this Lebanese SM79 has made little progress in the best part of a year!  How long will it take?

• Haha 6

40 minutes ago, AMB said:

Jees...I thought I would follow this thread but I'm losing the will to live!.  41 Pages with many irrelevant posts and still this Lebanese SM79 has made little progress in the best part of a year!  How long will it take?

About a couple of weeks from Sunday as it happens. This is in fact a speed build for me as many can, and probably will, attest.

Martian 👽

• Like 6

Define “irrelevant”, especially in the context of a Martian build...

[P.S. Edit - for the avoidance of doubt, I meant that Martian’s builds are among those that attract a high level of tangential discussion; NOT that Martian is inherently irrelevant!  

See also builds by The Baron, Hendie, Perdu, Fridag (occasional visitor of this Parish) and yours truly!]

Edited by Ex-FAAWAFU
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Thom216 said:

The Martian is going at the speed of life.

Which, seeing as Mrs Martian refers to me as her very own personal Space Sloth, can be very slow indeed!

4 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Define “irrelevant”, especially in the context of a Martian build...

[P.S. Edit - for the avoidance of doubt, I meant that Martian’s builds are among those that attract a high level of tangential discussion; NOT that Martian is inherently irrelevant!  

See also builds by The Baron, Hendie, Perdu, Fridag (occasional visitor of this Parish) and yours truly!]

For me the banter is all part of the attraction of a thread. Even the good natured abuse keeps the spirits up when a build gets bogged down. Usually my fault as I have a tendency to get carried away. Before @corsaircorp gets his three Euros in, I am well aware that there are many who think I should be carried away. Silence Mrs Martian!

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

41 Pages with many irrelevant posts and still this Lebanese SM79 has made little progress in the best part of a year!  How long will it take?

Ah but there are relevant, just not necessarily to Savoia Machetti 79s .

Personally I look on these threads as you would deal with a Vampire (btw I get my vampire lore from Brian Lumley mostly, Necroscope particularly) enter of your own free will.......

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Marklo said:

Ah but there are relevant, just not necessarily to Savoia Machetti 79s .

Personally I look on these threads as you would deal with a Vampire (btw I get my vampire lore from Brian Lumley mostly, Necroscope particularly) enter of your own free will.......

I have been accused of many things in my time but being one of the undead hasn't been one of them, unless of course you count the time about eighteen months ago when I walked into the LMS, only to be told that the word was that I was supposed to be dead! That was a weird experience!

Martian the Most Definitely alive. 👽

• Haha 3