Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Martian

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

You've obviously spent far too long north of Gretna Green Martian and picked up one or two of their national traits. Next, you'll be roamin' in the gloamin' wandering around the Trossachs with nowt on but your shredded sporran and a big silly grin, shouting 'wibble' at anyone who'll listen...

What do you think I was doing on holiday? Just loafing around doing nothing? Penguin. :penguin:

Martian von Penguin 👽

• Haha 5

What do you think I was doing on holiday? Just loafing around doing nothing? Penguin. 

Wellll!....and what's this Penguin business? a cold-weather replacement for Speckled Jim perchance.....Piebald Pete, Stippled Steve.....Variegated Vladimir?

melchett.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Hells bells! Pop in for a bit of plastic fantastic and look what I get. Wonderful internals Oh globulus one and not a hint of shakespearian kings eh. 🤫

Top job dear sir, top job. 🤩

Johnny 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Hells bells! Pop in for a bit of plastic fantastic and look what I get. Wonderful internals Oh globulus one and not a hint of shakespearian kings eh. 🤫

Top job dear sir, top job. 🤩

Johnny 

Thanks muchly Johnny. Shakespearian king? Do you mean that Macbeth chap?

On 21/05/2019 at 15:06, general melchett said:

Wellll!....and what's this Penguin business? a cold-weather replacement for Speckled Jim perchance.....Piebald Pete, Stippled Steve.....Variegated Vladimir?

melchett.jpg

No, just that some people claim that I am mad and say the word penguin after every sentence. :penguin:In more relevant news, I intend to have Thursday off from all MVS duties and try and get this moved forward some more. The trouble is that Mrs Martian has been elected Head of Unit, making it a tad hard to go AWOL. Penguin.

Martian 👽

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks muchly Johnny. Shakespearian king? Do you mean that Macbeth chap?

Martian 👽

Oh go on then. 🙃

ahem.

”Hot potato, orchestra stalls, Puck will make amends.” Tweak... Ouc....🤪🤣🙌

• Haha 5

Profuse apologies, work has been taking place on this build but my computer died on Thursday and I am having to type this on a borrowed machine. Normal service will be resumed as soon as I can sort out a replacement.

Hacked off of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Finally I have an operational computer again. I still have some uploading of stuff to do but at least I can show you what I have been up to during my enforced absence.

The most important thing is that we have a complete airframe. This has been cleaned up and now only needs a good polishing to get rid of any scratches. I was not happy with the extra windows so I removed them and added some new ones. I also decided that trying to keep the stringer detail on the fuselage was a losing battle and removed it and replaced it with some light scribing. The stringers are almost invisible in many pictures so it is no great loss.

The canopy has been fitted and sanded and polished and I will adapt an Eduard masking set for the Italerii kit to do the framing. There is a bit of lensing but I wanted to use as much of the kit as possible and so used the kit part.

The other obvious change is that the engines and props have now been painted up and the engines cemented into the cowlings. When doing the pictures I noticed that one of the yellow prop tips is a bit larger than the others. It will be a simple matter to correct this. I have also primed the undercarriage assemblies. The pile of bits to add to the model seems to be shrinking rapidly so I guess there is a small light at the end of the tunnel. If, and it is a big if, I can avoid screwing up the paint job and avoid any other embuggerances that life throws at me, this is one model at least that will make Telford.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

spacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.pngspacer.png

• Like 18

Hurrah! The Martian road show returns. And look how much you've achieved without us wasting your time.

Of course, that means we've missed out on hours of fun and baiting. Taking that into account, I demand a refund!

Seriously though, This is looking like one smart airframe. And I've failed in the 'find the oversized proptip competition'. :sad:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Hurrah! The Martian road show returns. And look how much you've achieved without us wasting your time.

Of course, that means we've missed out on hours of fun and baiting. Taking that into account, I demand a refund!

Seriously though, This is looking like one smart airframe. And I've failed in the 'find the oversized proptip competition'. :sad:

Refund is not in the Martian vocabulary but "Take a one hundred pu fine for being cheeky" is. 

6 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Me too, but I did find 8 that were slightly smaller. ;) :D

Steve.

There's always one! I had anticipated it being CC but congratulations on being the first this time!

6 hours ago, longshanks said:

Vroom Vrooooom Martian and his wonderful aeroplane are back in the air ...............

:thumbsup:

Kev

Thanks Kev. It's good to be back properly.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

Ah now thats better, back in the SM-79 groove. Just shows what a distraction a working computer can be!

Looking really good, are we going to see some paint going on soon?

Terry

• Like 1

Missed you and your work Daddy M.

This is looking ultragroovy now and simply dying to see it with the make-up on. <swoon>:

s5.jpg

Be careful with envelopes left in shot though won't you? (Sounds paranoid I know but even small individual fragments of info can be combined into a functional composite in this age of ID theft.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Terry1954 said:

Ah now thats better, back in the SM-79 groove. Just shows what a distraction a working computer can be!

Looking really good, are we going to see some paint going on soon?

Terry

Thanks Terry, I don't think we are that far off. I really need to apply myself to polishing the airframe. Certainly the amount of building left to do is rapidly diminishing.

5 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Missed you and your work Daddy M.

This is looking ultragroovy now and simply dying to see it with the make-up on. <swoon>:

Be careful with envelopes left in shot though won't you? (Sounds paranoid I know but even small individual fragments of info can be combined into a functional composite in this age of ID theft.)

Thanks Tony, the SM.79 says she will use her best lipstick and mascara. Point taken about the envelope although this one is an MVS one showing no personal data.

49 minutes ago, perdu said:

He's right be very afraid

:(

But also be very pleased, she looks lovely Martian

Thanks Bill.

Martian 👽

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Getting Old said:

looking very nice :like:

Thanks, if I can control my impatience to get her finished, I think we might end up with an acceptable result.

Martian 👽

7 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Three is the magic number. 🙌🙌🙌

Three shall be the number and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shall ye not count, neither shall ye count to two excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out!

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

23 hours ago, general melchett said:

Looking good Martian, all the blood, plastic card, abuse and self-sacrifice seems to have been worth it, one final push and before you know it you'll be home in time for tea and medals...(apols in advance if this is the kiss of death)

One last final push ?? The big one ??? At last ??? Skua !!

If the Martian say Penguin, I'll say Skua or better Roc !!

As an incentive to see a certain TARGET TUG, yo know that thing painted yellow with black stripes :wicked: getting back on !!

Just saying to our Fear Penguin !! Just saying....

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/9/2019 at 12:28 AM, Martian Hale said:

Three shall be the number and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shall ye not count, neither shall ye count to two excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out!

Are you being “ naughty in mine sight” ? 🤣 if only I had a holy hand grenade emoji. 💥🙏😂

• Haha 3