Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Martian

10 minutes ago, general melchett said:

When did you last visit Gay Paree?   All I can say is this...kindly do not venture anywhere within striking distance of our beloved cathedral here in Bomber County, (an oxymoron if ever there was)...we quite like it as it stands thanks, after all, it's been knocking along nicely for the best part of 700 plus years...

You and Viktor Schauberger, along with his blasted Implosion Replusine has got a lot to answer for!

What has Herr Scauberger's backside got to do with it ?

Intrigued  of Mars 👽

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Well, quite a bit actually...you see he originally designed it as an anniversary present for his wife as a cordless vacuum cleaner cum DIY home enema pack. It was only by happy coincidence that the Electro-Dynamic effect of the high-speed vortex in the "vortex chamber" produced an electrically charged separation effect, called "the Diamagnetic Effect " along with the associated Coanda Effect. The two combined, created the so-called "Implosion Effect". The theory being that when his Memsahib threw the big red switch the main electric engine was started and the Coanda Effect began to create a differential aerodynamic pressure between the outer and the inner surface of the primary hull. At a higher speed, the vortex chamber became a kind of high-electrostatic generator due to the air particles, in high-speed motion, acting as an electrical charge transporter and thus doubled up as a sort of Teutonic Dust-Buster/anti-gravity, pandimensional warp drive/extreme personal hygiene device. Sadly the one and only time she attempted to use it she disappeared into the Event Horizon of a local Black Hole and was never seen again...well, not until 2148...

Anyhoo, how's the Savaloy-Machete coming along?  

• Haha 6

8 hours ago, general melchett said:

and was never seen again...well, not until 2148...

Not strictly true. I Googled this as I thought the Herr General might be embellishing the facts again.

In reality she achieved a very low (12 inches) very slow (1.25 mph) Earth orbit and is currently crossing the North African desert.

To keep her company, the Guinness book of records have employed a man who rides a Camel alongside her whilst reading from Kipling in Yiddish.

• Haha 7

Zzzzzz….:sleep_1:What? Oh the SM.79. I have spent the day helping sort out a cooling issue on the launch I am responsible for and having long since learned the lesson that its not a good idea to model when one is propping one's eye lids open with matchsticks, I hall be spraying the interior colour on tomorrow morning/afternoon/ evening depending when I wake up.

Done in of Mars 👽

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Is he awake yet? If so, which brain? 

Evil Earth creature! I have spent most of the day airbrushing the main interior colour for this model, along with those for the Tracker, Roc and Hiller Hornet, pictures In due course.

Martian 👽

(Flogging his guts out for Earthlings since 1961)

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

I have spent most of the day airbrushing 

I initially read that as 'hairbrushing' and pictured you beautifully coiffured at the bench.

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

Tracker, Roc and Hiller Hornet

Am agog begob to see these coloured-in Martian. With that Ferrero R̶o̶c̶h̶e̶r̶ Roc Hiller you are spoiling us...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

The last couple of days have seen the basic interior colour applied to the model and the tubular structure of the fuselage getting highlighted. I have yet to decide whether to highlight the stringers of not yet. I am off to Oxford for a couple of days and will think about that while I am away.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

146.jpg

147.jpg

• Like 19

Coanda Effect indeed, General! I believe you're mistaking it for the Bernoulli Principle, which interestingly enough, has absolutely nothing to do with pasta (unless it's laminar-flow pasta). As for the good lady who disappeared into the Event Horizon, would you be so kind as to ask her if she could look for some of my missing model parts, as I'm almost certain they were sucked into a nearby Black Hole. As for that S&M 79, at this rate young Martian, I might actually finish a model before you finish this beast! Still, lovely job on the interior and all that!

Best and Kindest Regards to All Concerned, I Remain as Always (per advice from my barrister until we resolve that nasty extradition business),

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comment added.
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Learstang said:

which interestingly enough, has absolutely nothing to do with pasta (unless it's laminar-flow pasta).

And, for those ignorant of these matters, Laminar flow pasta, invented in the late 1940's by Gino Gottadash has been proved, in wind tunnel tests, to cook faster.

And this was indeed a major selling point ('The faster pasta') until further tests revealed a flaw. Unless eaten at speed, it seems that less sauce than is normally the case

actually sticks to the surface of the pasta. As this is the main reason for pasta in the first place, sales have fallen off and production has been cut back.

Limited quantities are still available for speed eating competitions and are usually available on ebay.

• Haha 6
  • Confused 1

Good Lord Zhukov, this has nothing to do with Italian cuisine of any kind or ruddy wings for that matter! this thing doesn't flap along like some antiquated string bag from the pre-dawn of time.  My good friend and fellow rubber-glove fetishist, the eponymous Romanian inventor Henri Coandă, put it this way " the tendency of a jet of fluid emerging from an orifice to follow an adjacent flat or curved surface and to entrain fluid from the surroundings so that a region of lower pressure develops." More Dyson Airwrap than Dornier Do X (apparently, according to his wife Ana, a snake charmer, he was also an accomplished flatulist with the Bucharest symphony male voice choir, and was often heard to be training his 'vocal cords' in the bathroom of a night).

would you be so kind as to ask her if she could look for some of my missing model parts, 

Well, I certainly will when she returns in 2148...or at least I'll gift the request to my future descendants if the place is still around at that time and those pesky Vogons leave us well alone.

• Haha 5

You know, old bean, I didn't realise that the Coanda Effect sounded so, well, naughty! All this about fluids emanating from orifices and flat and curved surfaces is a bit too much for me. But then I'm a simple chap with a mind to match. By the by, 2148 Anno Domini or thereabouts would be fine in terms of the return of my missing model parts. That should be just about the time I finish the last of the models I'm currently working on.

Bestest As Always,

Jason

Edited by Learstang
Additional comment added.
  • Haha 3

On ‎27‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 20:52, general melchett said:

You seem to have been re-energised by your trip north of the meridian Martian, you're all over the place, it's becoming difficult to keep pace with this cavalcade of interior decorating. Good job old sausage.

You are too kind General Sir.

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 05:18, Learstang said:

Coanda Effect indeed, General! I believe you're mistaking it for the Bernoulli Principle, which interestingly enough, has absolutely nothing to do with pasta (unless it's laminar-flow pasta). As for the good lady who disappeared into the Event Horizon, would you be so kind as to ask her if she could look for some of my missing model parts, as I'm almost certain they were sucked into a nearby Black Hole. As for that S&M 79, at this rate young Martian, I might actually finish a model before you finish this beast! Still, lovely job on the interior and all that!

Best and Kindest Regards to All Concerned, I Remain as Always (per advice from my barrister until we resolve that nasty extradition business),

Jason

Thanks Jason. I would have you know that this is a Blitzbau by my standards. Has anyone ever considered the possibility that the carpet monster could be a black hole cunningly disguised as a carpet?

On ‎28‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 07:16, Pete in Lincs said:

And, for those ignorant of these matters, Laminar flow pasta, invented in the late 1940's by Gino Gottadash has been proved, in wind tunnel tests, to cook faster.

And this was indeed a major selling point ('The faster pasta') until further tests revealed a flaw. Unless eaten at speed, it seems that less sauce than is normally the case

actually sticks to the surface of the pasta. As this is the main reason for pasta in the first place, sales have fallen off and production has been cut back.

Limited quantities are still available for speed eating competitions and are usually available on ebay.

I have to ask, are you actually related to our dear General?

13 hours ago, general melchett said:

Good Lord Zhukov, this has nothing to do with Italian cuisine of any kind or ruddy wings for that matter! this thing doesn't flap along like some antiquated string bag from the pre-dawn of time.  My good friend and fellow rubber-glove fetishist, the eponymous Romanian inventor Henri Coandă, put it this way " the tendency of a jet of fluid emerging from an orifice to follow an adjacent flat or curved surface and to entrain fluid from the surroundings so that a region of lower pressure develops." More Dyson Airwrap than Dornier Do X (apparently, according to his wife Ana, a snake charmer, he was also an accomplished flatulist with the Bucharest symphony male voice choir, and was often heard to be training his 'vocal cords' in the bathroom of a night).

Well, I certainly will when she returns in 2148...or at least I'll gift the request to my future descendants if the place is still around at that time and those pesky Vogons leave us well alone.

Clearly Pete is!

11 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

C sharp? sounds like it could make your eyes water. 😭

Mrs Martin claims that I flatulate in the complete range of notes and that as a result she I writing a symphony for me. 🎼

Martian the Musical 👽

• Haha 8

Well, we live within 12 miles of one another as the carrier pigeon flies....does that count?

Mrs Martin claims that I flatulate in the complete range of notes 

She has a good nose for this sort of thing...was that you playing 'La Marseillaise' in D flat major (trumpet involuntary) in the food hall at Telford last year, caused a hell of a stink with the top brass.

• Haha 4

44 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Well, we live within 12 miles of one another as the carrier pigeon flies....does that count?

She has a good nose for this sort of thing...was that you playing 'La Marseillaise' in D flat major (trumpet involuntary) in the food hall at Telford last year, caused a hell of a stink with the top brass.

Don't know the effects of green flageolets on martian stomachs !!

But I can bring on some cans of that farting energizer together with the rocket fuel !!

Who know how long can a martian symphony last….

Note to my self, bring on gasmasks !!

AND NO LIGHTERS !! Please we will not have a remake of Quasimodo's BBQ....

Otherwise !! great painting Dear Alien !!

I will look at your Roc now...

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Mrs Martin claims that I flatulate in the complete range of notes and that as a result she I writing a symphony for me. 🎼

Martian the Musical 👽

Doh, Ray, Mee, So, Fart?

Ian

• Haha 3

Don't know the effects of green flageolets on martian stomachs !!

I don't think any of us do CC....'flageolets', sounds like the sort of unsavoury behaviour Darling and Baldrick would indulge in...

she I writing a symphony for me. 

Well, if she cares to go all operatic about it, how about a crack at Wagner's Ring?...possibly Leitmotif 22, Donner (und Blitzen), the God of Thunder? I can well imagine you in the role...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Doh, Ray, Mee, So, Fart?

Ian

That sort of thing I believe but I understand she has reserved the lead brussels sprout role for herself.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

Between the Tracker and Roc builds, I have managed to get some more of the detail painting done on the fuselage of this project and I am now at the stage where I have just the flight deck to finish before I get the fuselage buttoned up. The airframe should go together very quickly from that point as most of the preparatory work was completed earlier in the build.. I am away next week but I anticipate that the obligatory maiden flight around the kitchen is not that far off.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

148.jpg

149.jpg

150.jpg

• Like 18

On 4/30/2019 at 6:16 AM, Martian Hale said:

My theory is that the radiation bouncing off the lead on the Cathedral roof may cause slight aberations in ones mental process. 😜

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Pete in Lincs said:

My theory is that the radiation bouncing off the lead on the Cathedral roof may cause slight aberations in ones mental process. 😜

That would explain an awful lot!

Enlightened of Mars 👽

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Holy Moly! That many people living close to houses of worship - and they all congregate on this forum.

We are certainly blessed .... sort of😇

• Haha 4