Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Martian

1 minute ago, corsaircorp said:

Back to the naughty corner ?? Did I ever leave it ?? :rofl2:

I wouldn't go quite that far but there has been some talk about naming the naughty corner after a certain Belgian Gentleman of this parish.

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

Tssss The naughty corner is now a very quiet place....

Everyone here is praying with the monks from Chimay, Rochefort, Westmaale... :cheers:

Not to mention the triple Karmeliets who help us to elevate our minds and prayers...😈

Here, even an asthmatic turtle can win a medal :tease:

I think that the first Roc while be primed next week !!

Then on with a WAAF...

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 5

5 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Tssss The naughty corner is now a very quiet place....

That's because you are the only regular inhabitant! Even @general melchett hasn't had as many visits there as you!

Martian 👽

• Haha 6

Welcome back esteemed entity!

Forum just ain't  the same without the chieftain of Clan McTentacle in residence.

23 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Then on with a WAAF...

Man's a satyr. Just wait til his wife finds out....

• Haha 5

Greetings Earthlings! Did you see what happened there? Some modelling got done!

The last couple of days have seen me get the Martian cave back in order and things back to what very loosely passes for normal in the Martian household.  I decided that the best way not to lose a second set of fuselage windows was to glue them to the model. This has duly been done and the windows given a couple of coats of CA on the outside. These will be allowed to cure and then ground down and sanded and polished back to clarity.

This completed, the interior is ready for painting. Can anyone think of anything obvious I have missed be fore I do tart wielding the airbrush as I would rather sort it now than risk damaging the paint once it is on?

Thanks for looking and thanks to @Moa who kindly donated the missing part for the model

Martian  👽

141.jpg

142.jpg

• Like 9

55 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Can anyone think of anything obvious I have missed be fore I do tart wielding the airbrush as I would rather sort it now than risk damaging the paint once it is on?

Actually yes: you have to change into a civil version.

And sorry, but is it "tart wielding" code for something?

55 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Thanks for looking and thanks to @Moa who kindly donated the missing part for the model 

You mean the part that you stole from my kit's box with your tractor beam and then teleported to your bench?

• Haha 7

6 hours ago, Moa said:

Actually yes: you have to change into a civil version.

And sorry, but is it "tart wielding" code for something?

You mean the part that you stole from my kit's box with your tractor beam and then teleported to your bench?

Now he tells me!

Tart wielding is more evidence of my pants typing than anything else but left as is for the amusement of others.

I never thought of the tractor beam before, you had better hold on to your vacforms. No! I meant vacform kits! On second thoughts, don't hold onto them as I might end up with you sitting on my bench as well. You are more than welcome to visit at any time but I would rather you arrived in a more conventional way via the front door.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Not much waffle for a change, just to report that the windows I apparently knicked from Moa from an unfeasibly long distance have now been ground down, sanded and polished. Masking next.

Martian 👽

143.jpg

144.jpg

• Like 12

This thread has some seriously odd content but tarts wielding airbrushes and pants typing has taken it down to a whole new level.

AW

• Haha 6

12 hours ago, bbudde said:

Nice looking one; have a nice easter. Cheers

Thanks Benedikt.

10 hours ago, Andwil said:

This thread has some seriously odd content but tarts wielding airbrushes and pants typing has taken it down to a whole new level.

AW

I don't know, that all seems pretty standard stuff for one of my threads and that's before the General wades in. Look at it this way, I could never be accused of taking my modelling too seriously!

Martian 👽

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure we could go lower if we tried.

On a semi related note I recently discovered that  apparently  (despite being French) the double entendre doesn't exist in any language except English.  I mean how sad for the rest of the world....

Edited by Marklo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

Excellent catch up My dear Alien.

the clear parts are looking grand and everything together is top drawer as always. Glad to hear Mrs M is feeling a bit better and your holiday went well.

I must keep abreast of things from now on. 🤗 I even missed the party. 😮

Johnny.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Andwil said:

You may not take your modelling seriously, but it is seriously good modelling all the same.

AW

Thanks AW.

15 hours ago, Marklo said:

I'm pretty sure we could go lower if we tried.

No doubt about that! I wonder what the whacky thread dream team would look like. :hmmm:

9 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

Excellent catch up My dear Alien.

the clear parts are looking grand and everything together is top drawer as always. Glad to hear Mrs M is feeling a bit better and your holiday went well.

I must keep abreast of things from now on. 🤗 I even missed the party. 😮

Johnny.

Thanks Johnny. The party seems to have been a good one by all accounts, hosted as it was by our friend the General.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

Hello Dear tentacled one !!

I hear the rumbling of the galopping airbrush....

Waiting impatiently to take his part in the struggle...

For a white Maledetto gobo and a Yellow and black bellied Roc...😛

And a Warbler perhaps ???

Have a great modelling time !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Hello Dear tentacled one !!

I hear the rumbling of the galopping airbrush....

Waiting impatiently to take his part in the struggle...

For a white Maledetto gobo and a Yellow and black bellied Roc...😛

And a Warbler perhaps ???

Have a great modelling time !!

Sincerely.

CC

Wicked child! as It happens, the Roc is down to get some interior colour on her internals. Apart from the anti-fouling, the Fauvette/Warbler will be getting brush painted, the masking would be horrendous to do.

Martian 👽

PS: For those who don't know La Fauvette is French for The Warbler.

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

IS THAT REALLY PAINT?????????

I'd like to say yes, but who knows with the Poole Viking...could be gone by this evening.

For those who don't know La Fauvette is French for The Warbler.

Well, I go to the bottom of our stairs! Upon reflection, it seems oddly appropriate. Interestingly it's also a harpsichord piece by my great grandfather's old Notre-Dame of Rouen roomy and fellow Organ Twitcher, François d'Agincourt.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Massimo said:

IS THAT REALLY PAINT?????????😨😱

Of course it is you silly Earthling!

3 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Oooooooo paint, looking great Martian. Glad you had a good holiday and hope Mrs Martian is feeling better.

Keep up the good work

All the best

Chris

Thanks Chris, Mrs Martian I doing well but I can't help but feel that she would be doing better if she did as she was told and slow down a bit.

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

I'd like to say yes, but who knows with the Poole Viking...could be gone by this evening.

Well, I go to the bottom of our stairs! Upon reflection, it seems oddly appropriate. Interestingly it's also a harpsichord piece by my great grandfather's old Notre-Dame of Rouen roomy and fellow Organ Twitcher, François d'Agincourt.

Evil General! I am not, repeat not, a  member of the Poole Vikings and have not been for nearly ten years now.

This organ twitcher, he hasn't been playing with matches recently has he? (Joke!) I  remember York Minster burnt down the very evening after I visited it. There were some enquiries from the local constabulary about sparks from a certain Haunebu. How was I to know the thing was going to backfire?

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

When did you last visit Gay Paree?   All I can say is this...kindly do not venture anywhere within striking distance of our beloved cathedral here in Bomber County, (an oxymoron if ever there was)...we quite like it as it stands thanks, after all, it's been knocking along nicely for the best part of 700 plus years...

sparks from a certain Haunebu

You and Viktor Schauberger, along with his blasted Implosion Replusine has got a lot to answer for!

• Haha 4