Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Martian

2 hours ago, limeypilot said:

Unfortunately he may not be able to tweak his nose when we mention Macbeth, as he only has one hand at the moment. Which means he'll have a VERY sore nose when he gets the use of his hand back and has to catch up on all the Macbeth comments.

Sorry, Johnny "sore nose" Macbeth.

Ian

Oops.

Surely he can tweak his nose with one hand? But it might help if you didn't mention Macbeth so much. Do you realise that you mentioned Macbeth three times in that post? That is probably three more Macbeths than he can cope with. We really all must be more careful about using the name Macbeth. Oh bugger

2 hours ago, perdu said:

If you will forgive my slight overdose of cynicism

You fail to 'sound' sorry, but...

I think we have to take the word of a gentleman Bill...

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

What?

A gentleman  that mentions Macbeth, yes Macbeth the famous Scottish play known as Macbeth three times in one response?

Yes I suppose it must be true that mentioning Macbeth a few times is not necessarily the mark of an absolute bounder, simply the mark of a man with deep and abiding respect for Macbeth the famous Scottish play

To be fair Macbeth is a play I have not yet seen performed onstage...

I'd love to see Macbeth, must scour the listings at Stratford for any mention of Macbeth

• Haha 7

Poor @The Spadgent Johnny MacBeth !!

Here's a pic of a belgian cat...

That will boost your morale !!

26731541_759964704213727_710915683822251685_n

Note that this not a scottish cat, I admit that it should have been one… But !

So here it's more a matter of VanBeth than MacBeth...

Or sort of !!

CC

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, perdu said:

What?

A gentleman  that mentions Macbeth, yes Macbeth the famous Scottish play known as Macbeth three times in one response?

Yes I suppose it must be true that mentioning Macbeth a few times is not necessarily the mark of an absolute bounder, simply the mark of a man with deep and abiding respect for Macbeth the famous Scottish play

To be fair Macbeth is a play I have not yet seen performed onstage...

I'd love to see Macbeth, must scour the listings at Stratford for any mention of Macbeth

Roman Polanski did a very good film version of Macbeth.

9 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Does that count if its only written down?

9 hours ago, Tomoshenko said:

Looking excellent Mr Martian. 

Thanks Tomoshenko.

7 hours ago, The Spadgent said:

By dose ‘as djust ballen ov. 🤧

Who has got the super goo?

6 hours ago, Ex-FAAWAFU said:

Just correcting your typo, Tomo

I'm not changing my name again!

5 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Poor @The Spadgent Johnny MacBeth !!

Here's a pic of a belgian cat...

That will boost your morale !!

26731541_759964704213727_710915683822251685_n

Note that this not a scottish cat, I admit that it should have been one… But !

So here it's more a matter of VanBeth than MacBeth...

Or sort of !!

CC

That it one cool picture CC. I would love a copy to put on the Martian/Macbeth cave wall.

In other news my best friend is visiting Poole for his birthday so not much will get done before tomorrow. We visited the LMS yesterday when this seemed to have leapt into the shopping basket:

097.jpg

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, bigbadbadge said:

Just caught up again, looking very nice indeed Martian. Great work and great thread.

All the best

Chris

Thanks Chris, I must admit that this thread has attracted some particularly fine drivel, all credit to the usual suspects.

33 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

'Is this a trainer I see before me?'

MacbethStripe.gif?w=480&h=480&fit=clip

We all ought to club together and send Johnny a pair.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

13 minutes ago, perdu said:

Three pairs, surely...

What odd things occur in local model shops huh, thank the lord I never went THAT barmy

Phew

Yet!

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

all_hail_macbeth_classic_thong.jpg&key=0

No doubt in reference to  ''“Confusion now hath made his master/codpiece.” 

Mind you, this strikes a chord    ''It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” 

Macbeth, Dear Lord...brings back haunting images of sixth form, multi-hued platform shoes, Oxford Bags and 25-a-side Murder Ball 'matches' attended to by Matron, armed with a huge sponge soaked in ice-cold water, wreaking of Dettol and wearing nothing more than a wide, insane grin!

Funnily enough, I built one of these a while back for AMW Martian, lovely little chap, the sort of ride I can see you bowling about in, just make sure you have a good supply of Wet n Dry for the pebble dash surface texture...

097.jpg&key=ada31244f0fc4e83b2346838f259

1-DSC-0966.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, TheBaron said:

'Is this a dangler I see before me?'

all_hail_macbeth_classic_thong.jpg

https://www.cafepress.com/+all_hail_macbeth_classic_thong,1695622210

Where on earth did you get the General's posing pouch from?

4 hours ago, general melchett said:

all_hail_macbeth_classic_thong.jpg&key=0

No doubt in reference to  ''“Confusion now hath made his master/codpiece.” 

Mind you, this strikes a chord    ''It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.” 

Macbeth, Dear Lord...brings back haunting images of sixth form, multi-hued platform shoes, Oxford Bags and 25-a-side Murder Ball 'matches' attended to by Matron, armed with a huge sponge soaked in ice-cold water, wreaking of Dettol and wearing nothing more than a wide, insane grin!

Funnily enough, I built one of these a while back for AMW Martian, lovely little chap, the sort of ride I can see you bowling about in, just make sure you have a good supply of Wet n Dry for the pebble dash surface texture...

097.jpg&key=ada31244f0fc4e83b2346838f259

1-DSC-0966.jpg

I must dig out that article. Although I have a complete set of AMW, I can't for the life of me remember the article.

Martian 👽

• Haha 1

Although I have a complete set of AMW, I can't for the life of me remember the article.

Nice to know it was worth the effort then:doh: .....you'll find it swaddled up in the Jan 2018 issue.....(alongside it's bigger brother, the 1/72nd Squadron fella, wot I also built). 

Now, those Macbeth chundies are all very well but these are what I call proper battle pants!

1-Untitled-1.jpg

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, general melchett said:

Now, those Macbeth chundies are all very well but these are what I call proper battle pants!

1-Untitled-1.jpg

As it happens Elaine and Neville are here for dinner this evening. Elaine has seen this picture and says that should you fail to attend Telford in uniform this year, it will be your forfeit to go round all weekend wearing nothing but these battle pants. (Skid marks optional) Elaine has already worked out how to produce a pair of the pants, you now need to be extremely worried!

Martian 👽

PS: This picture has put us right off our dinner! 🤮

• Haha 4

PS: This picture has put us right off our dinner! 

Mission accomplished...apols to Neville, hope he recovers.

you now need to be extremely worried!

Worried, moir?  

8dfe92fd5866cacbc19283672a3a1dd6.jpg

Now, crowd funding for the thunderpants is a very good idea.....(anything that saves dipping into the Melchett fortune is a very good idea)....I'll send Darling around with the requisite paperwork for you to sign, post haste.... I hope Eliane has an industrial scale Singer! 

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Mission accomplished...apols to Neville, hope he recovers.

Worried, moir?  

8dfe92fd5866cacbc19283672a3a1dd6.jpg

Now, crowd funding for the thunderpants is a very good idea.....(anything that saves dipping into the Melchett fortune is a very good idea)....I'll send Darling around with the requisite paperwork for you to sign, post haste.... I hope Eliane has an industrial scale Singer! 

She does indeed! She says we have the technology. You seem to be doomed. Let us sit upon the carpet and tell sad stories!

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

Hey hey ! SMW 2019 will be Legendary !!!

Can't wait to see our Dear General strolling the alley with these underpants !!

Now that can be helpfull to store the kit and being free hand...

Free hand oh no !! the hand are used to keep that underpants up !!

Whatever, I'm really glad that I 'll be there !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Hey hey ! SMW 2019 will be Legendary !!!

Can't wait to see our Dear General strolling the alley with these underpants !!

Now that can be helpfull to store the kit and being free hand...

Free hand oh no !! the hand are used to keep that underpants up !!

Whatever, I'm really glad that I 'll be there !!

Sincerely.

CC

Fret ye  not, the General will have both hands free as the lovely Elaine has a cunning plan to get round that that particular problem and unlike Baldrick's plans, this one won't fail. She says she has a plan for me as well. Zarquon alone knows what that might be, the woman is as daft as a box of Britmodellers and seemingly proud of it!

Slightly Concerned of Mars 👽

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Fret ye  not, the General will have both hands free as the lovely Elaine has a cunning plan to get round that that particular problem and unlike Baldrick's plans, this one won't fail. She says she has a plan for me as well. Zarquon alone knows what that might be, the woman is as daft as a box of Britmodellers and seemingly proud of it!

Slightly Concerned of Mars 👽

Elaine look like a really fine woman !! She must become a BM member so !!

On the other hand, I found this really interesting pic for our dear @The Spadgent

51742045_10216093325419530_8063900509553033216_n

Really nicely painted figure of a scottish king….

One can see that his nose is protected...

His name Mac… Mmmmhh Something….

Wait Ah yes MacBeth !!

Happy Valentine to all !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 1
  • Haha 5