Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Martian

Terriblyterrified

It was far from being an edifying experience although to be fair I did use a body substitute, does anyone  think I grew this old and ugly by not taking normally usual precautions?

Ms Henrietta Fowll-Frightfull (deceased) performed her rituals and got the deed done, no doubt the reason that Baldrick enjoyed itself so much

She has/had many talents..........

;)

• Haha 5

Oddly enough, Baldrick hardly noticed the body double or that it was even remotely female, the gender being a mere formality to him these days, but he does limit it to being human (a pulse is optional). He has standards you know, no matter how depraved...he just knows he had a good time....ever since being shot for desertion he doesn't really get out that much any more and reckons he gets everything he needs, spiritually, mentally and medically from the local abattoir, hence the happy liaison. At his own request, we're having him shot again next week.

Now then, someone mentioned something about a Savaloy-Machete about here somewhere, anyone seen it?

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, perdu said:

does anyone  think I grew this old and ugly by not taking normally usual precautions?

Word is that it is precisely because you didn't take those precautions. (Sorry Bill, you walked right into that one)

16 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Now then, someone mentioned something about a Savaloy-Machete about here somewhere, anyone seen it?

Patience your Generalship, This afternoon I had the choice of doing some more on the model or helping Mrs Martian fix her car. Upon reflection, I came to the conclusion that I have enough wrong with me already and that the latter course of action was the more prudent.

As it happens, I ended up speaking to Elaine this morning and she says she will be more than delighted to think up something really horrible in lieu of the Martian Gout for you.

Thoughtful of Mars 👽

• Haha 5

This afternoon I had the choice of doing some more on the model or helping Mrs Martian fix her car........As it happens, I ended up speaking to Elaine this morning... 

What, prey have you done to her car? not the old sugar and rice in the fuel tank again! or did you take it for a spot of 'off-roading' around the boggy sands of Poole Harbour to vent your spleen..., and she's still talking to you? good Lord.:shrug:

• Haha 3

On 2/6/2019 at 7:33 PM, Marklo said:

ah and we only have Dog licences here.

We do here too.  It was a quote from Monty Python:

"there's no such thing as a cat licence"

"Yes there is, and I've got one, won't catch me there"

"That's not a cat licence, it's a dog licence with the word dog crossed out and cat written in with a crayon"

"The man didn't have the right form"

Etc... ends up with the cat licence holder being called a loony, hence the quote.

Lovely cat by the way, even if deaf!

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, general melchett said:

and she's still talking to you? 

Probably keeping her distance due to the Martian sneezes.

Heliograph, Semaphore or loudhailer. Any should suffice.

BTW, I hear we now have Horse flu to contend with. How big is the box of tissues?

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

What, prey have you done to her car? not the old sugar and rice in the fuel tank again! or did you take it for a spot of 'off-roading' around the boggy sands of Poole Harbour to vent your spleen..., and she's still talking to you? good Lord.:shrug:

She actually asked me to help (silly girl) but we got it sorted and she is now as happy as a woman who thought a cat had done it's business on her pie, only to find out it was an extra large blackberry. Anyway, I have access to a perfectly good boat I can go off-roading/running aground with on the boggy sands of Poole Harbour. So there! :tease:

42 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Probably keeping her distance due to the Martian sneezes.

Heliograph, Semaphore or loudhailer. Any should suffice.

BTW, I hear we now have Horse flu to contend with. How big is the box of tissues?

Her ladyship has had the lurgy too but seems to be recovering much faster. At least she can't accuse me of having "man flu".

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

she is now as happy as a woman who thought a cat had done it's business on her pie, only to find out it was an extra large blackberry

Don't be revolting Darling...I don't know what sort of pies you eat around there but a little decorum, please....mind you, saying that we do have a Browns Pie Shop here in Lincoln :doh:

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, general melchett said:

Don't be revolting Darling...I don't know what sort of pies you eat around there but a little decorum, please....mind you, saying that we do have a Browns Pie Shop here in Lincoln :doh:

So Lincoln is not exactly the fist choice of holiday destination for your average gourmet then? You will be recommending Baldrick's Cappuccino Coffee Bar next!

Martian 👽 

• Haha 3

So Lincoln is not exactly the fist choice of holiday destination for your average gourmet then     

Well, there has been the odd dust-up in the past I'll grant you......but it's generally pretty safe.

You will be recommending Baldrick's Cappuccino Coffee Bar next!

Only after Slacky's eatery, 'Wibble, Wibble' where both his trademark 'Plum Duff with raisins Surprise' and Darlings 'Fillet Mignon in Dung sauce', are both on the menu and exported far and wide...

• Haha 5

31 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Guess who takes the beer to the aforementioned pie shop? 

You?

14 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

No crunchy frog or spring surprise? Definitely not worth a visit.

Ian

If there's not any lark's vomit ripple then I'm not interested.

Picky of Mars 👽

PS: I shall endeavour to commit some actual plastic worrying after tea.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Their rabbit pie has the caution, 'May contain pieces of shot!'

Makes a change from the usual nuts. Yes, I know that's squirrels. Doh! 🐰

I almost read snot there! Must be lurgy. Mind you, if it was being served up at Baldrick's establishment, that might not be so far from the truth!

Martian von Just Gone Off His Tea 👽

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Blast it! does that mean 'no tea-no fettling', 'go straight to fettling' or 'neither of the above'?

Gone fettling, back interfrastically.

Martian 👽

• Haha 2

Holy Molly ! And I run out of likes and smileys !!

Thank you Chaps, I was in severe need for good laughs and It can be now called done !!

Great job on your italian cabrio Dear Alien !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 4

Thank you Chaps, I was in severe need for good laughs and It can be now called done !!

Well and truly done CC....now if he of the septic tenacles can just get to grips with his lurgy, (something a Vogon might enjoy writing about) then we may actually get a spot of styrene fiddlin' committed at some point in the not too dim and distant...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

I thought they only did extremely bad poetry (afair the third worst in the galaxy)

Exactly...Martians ailments would slide in effortlessly, for example, I quote an abbreviated passage here, (for the sake of mankind and what remains of our sanity) this moving little ditty;

''Oh freddled gruntbuggly,

Thy micturations are to me,

As plurdled gabbleblotchits, on a lurgid bee''

Touching, I'm sure you'll agree!

Edited by general melchett
  • Haha 7

10 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Holy Molly ! And I run out of likes and smileys !!

Great job on your italian cabrio Dear Alien !!

Sincerely.

CC

Thanks CC, I am glad that the thread is cheering you up.

7 hours ago, general melchett said:

Well and truly done CC....now if he of the septic tenacles can just get to grips with his lurgy, (something a Vogon might enjoy writing about) then we may actually get a spot of styrene fiddlin' committed at some point in the not too dim and distant...

Will the impatient member of the Imperial General Staff for this parish stop getting his moustache net in a twist. Last night I sorted out the port aileron. The process is a little time consuming and I was going to wait until I had done the other one as well before posting pictures. However I produce some tonight if people so wish.

6 hours ago, perdu said:

Really?

Yes really. I refer the Earthling to the above post.

6 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

"What do you call him?"

"Anything you like, he can't hear you!"

:coat: Adrian

I don't know what the day job is Adrian but if I were you, I wouldn't give it up anytime soon.

5 hours ago, Marklo said:

I thought they only did extremely bad poetry (afair the third worst in the galaxy)

Take it from me, their prose is no better.

4 hours ago, general melchett said:

Exactly...Martians ailments would slide in effortlessly, for example, I quote an abbreviated passage here, (for the sake of mankind and what remains of our sanity) this moving little ditty;

''Oh freddled gruntbuggly,

Thy micturations are to me,

As plurdled gabbleblotchits, on a lurgid bee''

Touching, I'm sure you'll agree!

Do you want me to recover and get on with the build or not? Because quoting Vogon poetry is making me feel a whole lot worse.

I am slowly perking up, well before the poetry bit anyway and should be back to my normal horrible self by next week. In the meantime I had better drag myself off of my sickbed and take some pictures to keep a certain aging General happy.

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

Although I have said that I am mostly just doing what I enjoy on this build but I do not want to end up with a model that looks like a toy. To that end, something has to be done about the terrible looking movable ailerons that come with the kit. This is how I go about dealing with this sort of issue.

First, I dress the aperture for the aileron in the trailing edge of the wing and the leading edge of the offending part until I am happy that both are perfectly flat and that no light can be seen between them when they are offered up to each other.

Second, I glue a strip of .20 x .20 'thou strip to the top and bottom of the aileron aperture, leaving half of the width of the strip standing proud of the wing upper surface.

Third, It is really important to let the plastic strip cure properly due to the abuse it is about to suffer.

Fourth. Run a bead of super goo over the exterior join between the strip and the wing.

Fifth, Gently sand the exterior face of the wing until the strip is flush. this leaves us with a .20 x .10 'thou lip on the top and bottom of the wing aperture.

Sixth, carve the leading edge of the aileron so that it will slot nicely into the wing aperture. While doing this, carry out any extra work such as re-scribing and/or thinning of the trailing edge of the aileron.

Finally cement aileron to wing and the job's a good 'un.

Martian 👽

088.jpg

092.jpg

090.jpg

089.jpg

091.jpg

• Like 14