Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Martian

Dear Sir Melchett of Wellington !

I hope that the duster is purple !!

Tends to be the Mem who's purple, hard to tell them apart these days...

I spotted Darling on the roof of Melchett towers scraping the ice off the solar panels. I was shocked to see that his hat was askew and the seagulls had made a mess

of his uniform. I do hope this state of affairs will not go unpunished. There are standards to uphold!

I must apologise for his disgraceful turnout, I can only put it down to the fact that he had been out shooting peasants with Baldrick earlier in the day, a passion they both share and part of our annual cull. No idea why the sh***hawks/seagulls took exception to him though, maybe down to the O'dour Toilet water he insists on dowsing himself in (Somme DeLa'trine)...

As for suitable field punishment, I think two floury baps and a visit to the local Jerry Green's may well be in order!  

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

15 hours ago, general melchett said:

he had been out shooting peasants with Baldrick earlier in the day, a passion they both share and part of our annual cull

You cull the peasants?? 😧 I would thought Baldrick would have something to say about that, no telling how many relatives may be involved!

Ian

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

You cull the peasants??

Surely he meant pheasants - it was a Freudian slip. But I certainly hope he wears a matching pair of fluffy pink slippers when he's out and about in Freud's lingerie.

Cheers,

Bill

• Haha 5

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 14:54, Marklo said:

I thought this was normal service for Martians threads

Indeed it is. I've only been away for just over twenty four hours and just look at the mayhem that has ensued. Heaven knows what will happen when I am away for the best part of three weeks in March/April. 

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 15:56, general melchett said:

46823900861_e20062b2b1_o.jpg&key=e115f9e

Strewth that's a blast from the past...I recall getting one of these when they first came out way back in 1995...nice little oddity, just my cup of char. (Something slightly askew with the perspective of the left wheel methinks, looks like it's going its own way!) 

Nice try Martian...unfortunately with my current set up this would initiate a spot of China Syndrome in the locale resulting in mega-tsunamis, volcanic eruptions and highly toxic gaseous emissions, (sounds like one of our famous 'Bombay Blast Out' curry nights) and lead to all sorts of huffin' and puffin' in the Melchett household...no, no, best just to grin through clenched teeth and bear it like the true member of the Harrovian back four that I am, sigh...trousers down, six of the best...

Are you sure you are not confusing Lady Melchett with the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Trall? 

On ‎01‎/‎02‎/‎2019 at 15:57, corsaircorp said:

Really good job Dear tentacled one !

I will make a Fiat CR 42 based in Belgium at the time of the BoB...

in Maldegem precisely….

Thanks CC, having read the Chianti Raiders book, I have been thinking along exactly the same lines.

20 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Speaking of your locale. Passing through Waddingnot village today, I spotted Darling on the roof of Melchett towers

scraping the ice off the solar panels. I was shocked to see that his hat was askew and the seagulls had made a mess

of his uniform. I do hope this state of affairs will not go unpunished. There are standards to uphold!

Are you sure it was not Darling who had made a mess of the seagulls?

19 hours ago, TheBaron said:

Glad to see your Lebanese fancy getting ever more elaborate Martian.

Authoritative scribing that man. :clap:

Pity you didn't get a photo to send in to Springwatch...

Thanks Tony, I could try the photo, I've tried dafter things as Mrs Martian can well testify.

5 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hello you mad lot.

Very good work on the wings Martian and the interior looks bloomin amazing.

Thanks Chris, I am quite pleased with the way it is shaping up.

1 hour ago, Navy Bird said:

Surely he meant pheasants - it was a Freudian slip. But I certainly hope he wears a matching pair of fluffy pink slippers when he's out and about in Freud's lingerie.

Sorry to disabuse you Bill but I suspect that the General meant exactly what he said.

I hope to get some more done this evening but just for now I think I need to lay down in a very dark room with a single malt the size to the General's moustache.

Wibble 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

Indeed it is. I've only been away for just over twenty four hours and just look at the mayhem that has ensued. Heaven knows what will happen when I am away for the best part of three weeks in March/April. 

Now look here. I've contacted HR & Admin and neither has seen a leave pass. 

In triplicate and two years in advance. Rules are rules.

This place is going down the pan.

Tsk.

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Now look here. I've contacted HR & Admin and neither has seen a leave pass. 

In triplicate and two years in advance. Rules are rules.

This place is going down the pan.

Tsk.

I thought it had never made it out on the U bend.

The Argyll Britmodellers are expecting me and I don't want to cause an international incident.

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

No Bill and Ian, Freud's undergarments are quite safe....it's a family tradition that dates back to the middle ages, started by my illustrious ancestor, Mad King Fiona Melchett 'The Windbreaker of Bogden Hill'...apparently the peasants absolutely love it. We always give them a sporting chance, often as much as a five-minute head start and a cricket bat each, before setting off after them in the Range Rovers, field howitzers and Mills bombs. Don't fret though...to date none of us has come to any harm! Oddly, Baldrick seems more than happy to join in the fun and games...says it reminds him of his schooldays in Dunny on the Wold.

I think I need to lay down in a very dark room with a single malt the size to the General's moustache.

Is the Duchess aware of this?:shutup:

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

Is the Duchess aware of this?:shutup:

Sorry, typo there. I meant of course a single malt the size of the General's moustache. Mrs Martian is unaware of this as she would dash in and guzzle it before I got anywhere near it. The whisky that is, not, I repeat not the General's moustache.

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Oh well, Scotland. Then you are excused.

Just watch what you eat, drink and talk to.

I understand that @Scimitar is working on a Deep Fried Cadbury's Cream Egg in honour of our visit. Something about us Sassenachs not getting enough health food.

Martian

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

is working on a Deep Fried Cadbury's Cream Egg in honour of our visit.

Don't tell everyone or I'll be inundated with requests.

Let the truth be known,I've just finished a nip of a 21 year old 'Jura' so won't be near a cooker.

There's only two left in the bottle so I might just be a complete crawler and save one for Mrs Martian. :wicked:

As it is now £150 a bottle the likelihood of me having any more is up there with the Airfix 1/48 Scimitar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

15 minutes ago, Scimitar said:

There's only two left in the bottle so I might just be a complete crawler and save one for Mrs Martian. :wicked:

Be honest, you just want to see me and Mrs Martian brawling over it!

Martian 👽

• Haha 5

As models covered with globules of snot are not generally appreciated outside of the Vogon mother world, there will now be a short intermission while Mrs Martian and I recover from some nasty lurgy we seem to have picked up. :ill:

Martian von Feeling Sorry For Himself 👽

• Sad 6

20 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

As models covered with globules of snot are not generally appreciated...

Although they might be useful for a Ghostbusters diorama.

Cheers,

Bill

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Although they might be useful for a Ghostbusters diorama.

Cheers,

Bill

Thanks Bill, the best laugh I have had in days and the first practical modelling use of snot I have ever heard of. You should patent the idea.

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

The lurgy seems to have lessened it's grip slightly today and I managed to get the second nacelle detailed and the wings glued together. Hopefully they should be set sufficiently by tomorrow for me to be able to make a start on thinning down the trailing edges and begin sorting out the ailerons. All being well, I should have some sort of pictures for you all some time tomorrow.

Martian 👽

• Like 4

I just have to say.....I don't know any of you guys on here, I've no interest in working with old kits (I'm much more of an 'if it doesn't fall together I'm not fighting it' kind of modeller), I'm not much of a fan of Italian WWII subjects, but for sheer entertainment value it's got to be the best 'WIP' thread I've ever come across. I check in every day hoping for the latest instalment, long may you all continue in business.....

Oh, and by the way, lovely model.....

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, hopkp said:

I just have to say.....I don't know any of you guys on here, I've no interest in working with old kits (I'm much more of an 'if it doesn't fall together I'm not fighting it' kind of modeller), I'm not much of a fan of Italian WWII subjects, but for sheer entertainment value it's got to be the best 'WIP' thread I've ever come across. I check in every day hoping for the latest instalment, long may you all continue in business.....

Oh, and by the way, lovely model.....

Thanks Hopkp. :post1:

I think much of the attraction of some of these old kits is nostalgia and the urge to make them now as many of us would have wished to make them when we first had them as youngsters as well as to bring back memories of a simpler and for many a happier time. Although it is not the case with this build, there are still many kits from this era that are still the only examples of a particular type. As a for instance, an old Heller kit of the Arc-en-Ciel 1930s airliner, looks down on me as I type these very words.

As to the entertainment value of the thread, I am somewhat humbled that my threads seem to attract some of the finest loonies Britmodeller has ever produced. Let no one accuse us of taking the hobby too seriously here!

Martian 👽

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Martian Hale said:

As to the entertainment value of the thread, I am somewhat humbled that my threads seem to attract some of the finest loonies Britmodeller has ever produced. Let no one accuse us of taking the hobby too seriously here!

Martian 👽

I certainly wouldn't accuse you of taking the hobby too seriously - many seem to, which seems daft to me - I always thought the main point of a hobby was to have fun. As for the 'finest loonies' bit, long may you all continue on Britmodeller, more power to your collective elbows - anyhow, sanity's highly overrated!

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, hopkp said:

sanity's highly overrated!

Indeed! 🎵 I said hey listen to me, stay safe inside insanity 🎵I won't quote any more lest @general melchett gets over excited and gets out his Rocky Horror show outfit. Heaven help us if he wears it at Telford this year! 😱

Disturbed of Mars 👽

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

I am somewhat humbled that my threads seem to attract some of the finest loonies Britmodeller has ever produced. 

I prefer the term special..

I think much of the attraction of some of these old kits is nostalgia and the urge to make them now as many of us would have wished to make them when we first had them as youngsters as well as to bring back memories of a simpler and for many a happier time. Although it is not the case with this build, there are still many kits from this era that are still the only examples of a particular type.

To paraphrase Abe Simpson, a little from column A a little from column B. I am the proud possessor of a number of ker-app kits which I plan to make into reasonable representations of actual aircraft (a fairey flycatcher a spad XIII, a bristol bulldog, an albatross dIII, to name a few) except for the DII they are the only available kit option and they (may) be ever so slightly easier than a scratch build (although perhaps not)

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

Indeed! 🎵 I said hey listen to me, stay safe inside insanity 🎵I won't quote any more lest @general melchett gets over excited and gets out his Rocky Horror show outfit. Heaven help us if he wears it at Telford this year! 😱

Disturbed of Mars 👽

NOW THAT SOUNDS LIKE A PLAN...

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

my threads seem to attract some of the finest loonies Britmodeller has ever produced. 

Martian 👽

The cat detector van was around again this afternoon, but I've got my cat licence. they won't catch me!

Ian

• Haha 4