Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Martian

Good job there hasn't been much if any thread drift.

Otherwise someone may have suggested fitting a

Nimrod/Sea King sonobouy launcher above those holes.

Congratulations to Martian the (plastic) cardsharp.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, longshanks said:

Just caught up with you here Martian 

and I see life in the Solar system continues as normal . . . . .

That aside, what a delightful  build. Clearly mucking about with a myriad of tiny scratch built parts is reaching the depths of your MoJo.

Good to see you having fun, long may it continue 

Kev

Thanks Kev, I am just doing the bits I enjoy and glossing over the rest. It is helping the mojo no end and standard of banter seems to be in a league of it's own, even by BM standards.

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Thanks Pete, no real thread drift at all really.

Observant of Mars 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, general melchett said:

My dear corsaircorp....I am forwarding your message to the cypher office at Bletchley to see if anyone there can make head or tail of it....there is obviously some coded message in there...will let you know of progress.... await our orders...stop.

More clearly and whitout using any rude words, one of my project is to start 2 Jaguars...

One of these ladies will bear this painting...

WP_20190113_22_08_40_Pro

The pin up are Viz characters, are'nt they ??

It's pretty arduous to talk about Viz Characters in staying polite and well manered ? Is'nt it ?

The marquess of Granby was living in the bomber county too ?? Did'nt he ??

What did I told you about my covers ???

So, I can bring some rocket fuel for your poor wizz'kids at Bletchley !! That will Foster their morale and make then more accute !!

I fear that I can do Nothing for your Enigma cypher machine… Really sorry !!

The other Jaguar will be Something a bit Martian and pretty unusual !!

That will be fun too, Believe me  !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Haha 6

4 minutes ago, general melchett said:

I was thinking the same thing Pete...imagine if we waffled on about anything other than playing with bits of plastic!

Yes dear general !!

You're right !!

That will be unbelievable !!

4 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

A guppy radar would be funny too...

Just to say !!

Come on Dear Alien !

Are you going to put some bombs in these bomb pipes ???

Keep carryin' on that great job !!

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Hello Martian. Great work on the bombbay and the frame. Sorry to release myself here, as you have too much speed for me here, which I can not afford, I guess. So, no more funny pictures from me here anymore to get you calm (again). So just like I would present "Stenkelfeld" to you, which is a persiflage on the german people, especially northern ones. Very funny, but not easily to translate. Cheers

So:

This is one is one of them and could / should be translated in in english .

Edited by bbudde
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

More clearly and whitout using any rude words, one of my project is to start 2 Jaguars...

One of these ladies will bear this painting...

WP_20190113_22_08_40_Pro

The pin up are Viz characters, are'nt they ??

It's pretty arduous to talk about Viz Characters in staying polite and well manered ? Is'nt it ?

The marquess of Granby was living in the bomber county too ?? Did'nt he ??

What did I told you about my covers ???

So, I can bring some rocket fuel for your poor wizz'kids at Bletchley !! That will Foster their morale and make then more accute !!

I fear that I can do Nothing for your Enigma cypher machine… Really sorry !!

The other Jaguar will be Something a bit Martian and pretty unusual !!

That will be fun too, Believe me  !!

Sincerely.

CC

I have often thought about doing Buster Gonad, just to see people's reaction at shows.:devil:

6 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

ome on Dear Alien !

Are you going to put some bombs in these bomb pipes ???

Keep carryin' on that great job !!

Sincerely.

CC

No bombs on this one. You wouldn't see much of them anyway.

5 hours ago, bbudde said:

Hello Martian. Great work on the bombbay and the frame. Sorry to release myself here, as you have too much speed for me here, which I can not afford, I guess. So, no more funny pictures from me here anymore to get you calm (again). So just like I would present "Stenkelfeld" to you, which is a persiflage on the german people, especially northern ones. Very funny, but not easily to translate. Cheers.

Thanks Bbudde. We want your funny pictures. The banter is a s much fun as the build.

6 hours ago, general melchett said:

I was thinking the same thing Pete...imagine if we waffled on about anything other than playing with bits of plastic!

It doesn't bear thinking about! Stick to the matter in hand, that's this Martian.

Martian 👽

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I kept looking at the work I did yesterday and decided it looked way to basic and too small. You Guys deserve better than that so I ripped out the bits I was unhappy with and began by enlarging the aperture for the bomb doors Next up was to add a load more tubular structure to represent the wing roots, fuselage sides and the roof of the bay. This was a bit time consuming as although the work itself wasn't that hard, it was critical to keep my measurements spot on so the everything lined up with the work I had already completed on the fuselage interior there is no way I want to have to do that lot again! That done I edged in the rim of the bay with some drilled plastic strip.

Although I still have the lower ends of the bomb tubes to do as they protrude through the bay roof, I am much happier with the appearance of the bay. That final bit of work will have to wait until I have visited the LMS, as despite having a whole draw and really useful box full of plastic stock, I seem to have every conceivable size and shape of stock than the size of tube I need. Bugger!

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

044.jpg

045.jpg

046.jpg

047.jpg

• Like 19

1 minute ago, Massimo said:

You're right!

As I saw her I immediately thought:"too basic, I deserve something better"!!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That bomb bay is superb as well as all the interiors!!!

She's looking gorgeous!!!

Thank you Massimo. I don't think I would ever have been happy with the model had I not revisited the bay. Once I had decided to rebuild it and ripped the old work out, I found it quite a relaxing task.

Martian 👽

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Martian Hale said:

I have often thought about doing Buster Gonad, just to see people's reaction at shows.:devil:

No bombs on this one. You wouldn't see much of them anyway.

Martian 👽

Hello Dear ETI !

I'm not surprised… I must say that I hesitate a lot before buying the decal sheet...

Now I also have a Bucc and a Tornado….

Such a big aircraft for just 5 bombs… And the bombs get through that huge room before getting out...

Weird ideas at the time…

So you did a great job Dear Alien !! I really enjoy the way you work with that plastic rods !! Amazing  !!

8 hours ago, general melchett said:

All makes perfect sense now, CC...I'll let Bletchley know, though you might well receive a bill for the recuperation of the two surviving but morally corrupted Enigma machines!...

A Bill:rofl2: ???

Just as it was said at Achnacarry house in the early '40

That's a part of the training !!

Sincerely.

CC 

• Like 1

Blue blazes. That was a busy 24 hours. 😮 Loving what you doing with this old dear Martian, I am concerned though that when I dig mine out to try to emulate your build, will it be accompanied by some profoundly disturbing images flitting across what remains of my sanity?  ;):D

Steve.

• Like 2

I seem to have every conceivable size and shape of stock than the size of tube I need, Bugger.

That my dear Martian, is one of the golden rules of this oft-frustrating hobby, (and shares equal billing with 'when you run out of something you really, really need it's usually on a Sunday!')

Re the bomb pit, I did wonder if the first attempt was merely a dry-run, now that's more like it. 

045.jpg&key=50feed911882f1a1fb5373f3d14e

Ah, I see the Valium, lithium or Librium's on standby duty, well whatever sees you through the next few weeks (model and thread!)

• Like 4
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, corsaircorp said:

Such a big aircraft for just 5 bombs… And the bombs get through that huge room before getting out...

Weird ideas at the time…

So you did a great job Dear Alien !! I really enjoy the way you work with that plastic rods !! Amazing  !!

Thanks CC. It seems that other bomb load configurations were available but five bomb tubes seems to have been the most common as fit far as I can tell and that is what the Lebanese aircraft were /are fitted with.

3 hours ago, stevehnz said:

Blue blazes. That was a busy 24 hours. 😮 Loving what you doing with this old dear Martian, I am concerned though that when I dig mine out to try to emulate your build, will it be accompanied by some profoundly disturbing images flitting across what remains of my sanity?  ;):D

Steve.

Thanks Steve, it was a bit hectic wasn't it. Will you be getting profoundly disturbing images when you build your kit? Seeing as you kissed goodbye to your sanity when you signed up to BM, the short answer has to be yes and the long answer, definitely.

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Re the bomb pit, I did wonder if the first attempt was merely a dry-run, now that's more like it. 

Ah, I see the Valium, lithium or Librium's on standby duty, well whatever sees you through the next few weeks (model and thread!)

Thanks General. As to medication for pain, beer and opiates, works every time! (sensible policies for a better NHS) I don't make much sense afterwards but then most people maintain that I never did anyway so it doesn't matter.

Martian 👽

• Haha 7

Lovely work on the bay, much improved it is!

If the NHS is giving away beer I may come home!  

Wait, what am I saying, giving away? I think my sanity is also on the way out.

Ian

• Haha 5

13 minutes ago, limeypilot said:

Lovely work on the bay, much improved it is!

If the NHS is giving away beer I may come home!  

Wait, what am I saying, giving away? I think my sanity is also on the way out.

Ian

Sadly I have to pay for the beer bit. :sad: As to your sanity, I refer you to the answer I gave our New Zealand colleague earlier.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, AdrianMF said:

Looking good Mr Martian!

Regards,

Adrian

Thanks Adrian.

2 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Because they only had five bombs?

I wondered why they were used extensively used for torpedo work.

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

Now, now, play nicely Pete....they may have only had five, but they were magnificento bombas that made the biga bada booms!

"Wadda mistake to make! (with apologies to Allo, Allo's Captain Bertorelli)

Martian 👽

• Haha 3

In today's thread drift, I bring you the result of some actual kit bashing. Fret ye not, I am sure that normal service will be resumed almost as soon as I have posted these words.

I began by dragging myself into Poole to get some more plastic tube and got the lower ends of the bomb tubes cut and fitted to the model. I made a point of thinning the ends to .a more realistic thickness.

While I was working on the new bomb bay, something kept nagging at me that something was missing from the interior every time that I taped the fuselage together. The penny finally dropped that the framework that I had not bothered with for the top of the rear fuselage was leaving a large area of bare plastic when I looked through the door and through the waist gun positions. Following suitable Martian expletives, it was out with the plastic rod and time to crack on with adding the missing framework. It was about now that the penny dropped that Just about every part of the interior aft of the flight deck I visible from one angle or another

Martian. This means that More stringers and structure loom in my immediate future for the roof of the fuselage. That will have to wait for today as the structure I have added really needs to cure properly before I mess about with the fuselage any more.

Thanks for looking 👽

048.jpg

050.jpg

051.jpg

052.jpg

053.jpg

• Like 14

Finally, it still may be a Mojo restorer...

But as far as I can see, It's now a Martian Marvelous Scratchbuilding !!

Great work my dear alien, great attention to details !!

Congratulations !!

:partytime:

Sincerely.

CC

• Like 2

I began by dragging myself into Poole to get some more plastic tube 

Strewth, I thought he was back on Mars again!.....then I realised what he was on about.

Martian. This means that More stringers and structure loom in my immediate future

Nope...he's back on Mars!!

But all's well that ends well....cracking job Martian, (lovely tubes)...

• Like 1