Savoia Marchetti SM.79 Lebanese Style

Martian

1 minute ago, general melchett said:

Ah, where would we be without Viz, eh....mandatory bedtime reading in the dorms (Matron used to regularly beat me senseless with it)

Well, @CedB would be stuck for a start! As for your childhood fantasies………..Incidentally, my Sister in Law bought me a Viz annual one Christmas and I genuinely ended up laughing so much that I was in pain and had to put it down.

Martian 👽

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

I still have most of the original issues squirrelled away and sometimes thumb through a copy or two, fondly reminiscing on how things used to be.......explains a lot really :chair:

Indeed. I am surprised that we have not seen more Viz characters on BM, it would seem a natural refuge for them.

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Indeed. I ma surprised that we have not seen more Viz characters on BM, it would seem a natural refuge for them.

By Jupiter's codpiece, now you've done it...we'll be overrun with Norbert Colons, Buster Gonads and Finbar Saunders in less time than it takes to say pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis   :doh:

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, general melchett said:

By Jupiter's codpiece, now you've done it...we'll be overrun with Norbert Colons, Buster Gonads and Finbar Saunders in less time than it takes to say pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis   :doh:

Language Timothy!

Shocked of Mars 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Overnight I spent a few hours getting the stringers on the port side of the fuselage done. This is a guaranteed cure for insomnia as towards the end I was more than ready for a good zizz, even if it did risk yet more nightmares about the General's bizarre private life.

On a pure whimsey, I decided to glue the flight deck seats in place and was pleasantly surprised to find that the seat backs at least bore more than a passing resemblance to the originals.

I think the next task will be to take a look at having the bomb doors open. This will begin by opening the cylinders' lower ends before marking and cutting out the doors themselves.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

037.jpg

038.jpg

039.jpg

040.jpg

• Like 19

So do I take it the General's pass time, when Darling was not available,

While I wouldn't exactly describe him as my pastime Ian, Darling does provide hours of endless entertainment and jollity whiling away the hours when there's nothing decent on the Magic Lantern box...which is almost always...Btw, both Shar (Sandra?) and Tray, have now been officially recognised by the regiment and enrolled into the Hall of Shame/Fame, for their unbending service and devotion to duty, high moral standards and the odd bag of chips,   

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

While I wouldn't exactly describe him as my pastime Ian, Darling does provide hours of endless entertainment and jollity whiling away the hours when there's nothing decent on the Magic Lantern box...which is almost always...Btw, both Shar (Sandra?) and Tray, have now been officially recognised by the regiment and enrolled into the Hall of Shame/Fame, for their unbending service and devotion to duty, high moral standards and the odd bag of chips,   

Are you sure you mean unbending rather than bending General?

1 hour ago, Massimo said:

Those interiors look great!!!

I'll be watching your progress on those bomb bays!!!

:clap:

Thanks Massimo, we'll see how I get on tonight

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

Bench time tomorrow will do, Martian.

Sleep well tonight. You've earned it.

Thanks Pete. I seldom manage a full night's sleep due to the fibromyalgia,  it seems better to get up and do something constructive rather than keep Mrs Martian awake with my restlessness. It also means that you good people wake up to something vaguely sensible before the lunacy of the BM day begins.

Martian 👽

• Like 8

Hi Martian

You lot are completely mad. I am partially caught up to page 4 . I have run out of time for now as I have to get on with some work on the house otherwise I will be in trouble with SWMBO.

Great work on the interior so far the framework looks fabulous.

Hope this is restoring your MOJO fella

All the best

Chris

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

wake up to something vaguely sensible before the lunacy of the BM day begins.

This has a faintly familiar ring to it.....ah yes, Lady M mumbles a similar sentiment upon arising from her fitful slumber.....fat chance.

Good Lord..Bill's noticed us, better beef up the ramparts!

Good progress Martian, soon be finished...

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Hello Dear tentacled one !

Buster gonnad ?? I have a Jaguar that will sport 2 barely dressed although well …. Can I saaaayyyy… Ladies...

I love that viz too !! It's Strange that we did'nt see these character popping in from time to time here in BM !!

Great stings Dear Alien !! Hoooops I mean stringers, Surely the 2 fat ladies's fault !!

Please Dear Martian, do not add Viz characters to your dreams about the General….. That can be unbearable !!

2 hours ago, general melchett said:

This has a faintly familiar ring to it.....ah yes, Lady M mumbles a similar sentiment upon arising from her fitful slumber.....fat chance.

Good Lord..Bill's noticed us, better beef up the ramparts

Precisely, Yesterday we looked both Holy grail and Brian's life in order to improve my son's culture !!

What would SWMBO say when she will be back home and listening our Dear son saying NI !! and asking for a shrewburry !!

Don't mind and Always look at the bright side of life !!

Great job !!

Sincerely.

CC (not too Noisy to let our dear Xenomorph having a good nap in the arm of Beau! "

No no Not "Beau Geste" but Beau !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

12 hours ago, Navy Bird said:

Just caught up with this one - looks like a lot of that white styrene that I like so much!    :)

Cheers,

Bill

Strangely enough, I was wondering only yesterday how long it would be before you caught the whiff of white plastic card and liquid cement. Nice to have you on board for the customary rollercoaster of insanity with a bit of modelling thrown in.

3 hours ago, bigbadbadge said:

Hi Martian

You lot are completely mad. I am partially caught up to page 4 . I have run out of time for now as I have to get on with some work on the house otherwise I will be in trouble with SWMBO.

Great work on the interior so far the framework looks fabulous.

Hope this is restoring your MOJO fella

All the best

Chris

Thanks Chris. Did you not notice the clause, "Must be completely bonkers" :mental:when you signed up for BM? No? We that will teach you to read the not so small print in future.

3 hours ago, general melchett said:

Good Lord..Bill's noticed us, better beef up the ramparts!

Good progress Martian, soon be finished...

Thanks General, a way to go yet but I am on a bit of a roll. As for Bill, no need to muster the beefing up ramparts party. As a fully qualified white styrene junkie, he has an automatic pass.

1 hour ago, general melchett said:

My dear corsaircorp....I am forwarding your message to the cypher office at Bletchley to see if anyone there can make head or tail of it....there is obviously some coded message in there...will let you know of progress.... await our orders...stop.

Tried those chaps some while ago. They said it was akin to trying to decipher an Enigma machine on steroids, without the machine or the code book and that they were all being sent home on extended wibble leave.

Martian 👽

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

I am clearly far too late to get in with the early morning bit of sanity, apart, of course from the colonial chappies the other side of the Pond. I had a better night's sleep last night, probably due to band practice going on until late. Still, I did wake up pre-dawn and cracked on with General Melchett's imperial command of opening the bomb doors. Well, I still have the actual doors to make but you get my drift.

First up was to drill out the lower ends of the bomb cylinders and file the holes to match the inner walls. Next the area of the fuselage covered by the doors was marked out, chain drilled and the required plastic removed. The next step was to box in the area below the floor. Began to add some detail but will have to complete this later as I was feeing rather tired.

Thanks for looking

Martian 👽

041.jpg

043.jpg

042.jpg

• Like 17

1 hour ago, corsaircorp said:

Please Dear Martian, do not add Viz characters to your dreams about the General….. That can be unbearable !! 

Too late! you have planted the idea in my head now. Another reason to carry on screaming!

Martian 👽

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Quick update from Bletchley...

Message to...General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay Melchett, VC, KCB, DSO, MOT (and sidecar).... for your eyes and the rest of the English speaking world only......apparently three machines have had nervous breakdowns, two are suffering depression and one tragically committed suicide... do not, repeat do not send any further transmissions from this individual as half the staff are now in rehab and the rest are on permanent sick leave...end of message...:rage:

Nice holes Martian!

• Haha 8

12 minutes ago, general melchett said:

Nice holes Martian!

A Martian's holes are his own private kingdom and I shall defend mine with my life!

Martian 👽

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Oh dear, I do hope you didn't send them the funniest joke in the world. It was last heard of being tried out in Belgium I believe.....

This may well be part of CCs plan....good Lord, I'd better warn them!

A Martian's holes are his own private kingdom and I shall defend mine with my life!

Well, that's a relief :shutup:

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Just caught up with you here Martian 

1 hour ago, Martian Hale said:

and I see life in the Solar system continues as normal . . . . .

That aside, what a delightful  build. Clearly mucking about with a myriad of tiny scratch built parts is reaching the depths of your MoJo.

Good to see you having fun, long may it continue 

Kev

• Like 2