Westland Wyvern s.4 early

Very nice build - convincing sea beaten weathering. Maybe could have done with a little impression of weight on the tyres, especially when loaded with bombs. Other than that, it looks pretty well spot on.

I have one of these to build - I believe it was one of Trumpeters better RN kits? How did it go together?

Cheers

Malcolm

1 hour ago, Baldy said:

Very nice build - convincing sea beaten weathering. Maybe could have done with a little impression of weight on the tyres, especially when loaded with bombs. Other than that, it looks pretty well spot on.

I have one of these to build - I believe it was one of Trumpeters better RN kits? How did it go together?

Cheers

Malcolm

thanks  for enjoy 

Edited by srogue

A real winner that you have there - love it.

Cheers,

Michael

1 hour ago, Lord Riot said:

Stunning!

What did you use for the weathering?

I need to start doing weathering but I've no idea how.

I recommend to check YouTube - a lot of tutorials out there.

Cheers,

Michael

On Tuesday, January 01, 2019 2:17:57 AM at 2:17 AM, Lord Riot said:

Stunning!

What did you use for the weathering?

I need to start doing weathering but I've no idea how.

AK2041 burn jet engine,AK014 winter streaking grime,AK012 streaking grime,AK 025 fuel stains

• Thanks 1

amazing build and beautifully weathered. I always smile when I read the "early" title in an aircraft that was only in service for about a year(?). Is there a Wyvern expert out there that can confirm that the wingtips did or didn't fold on frontline aircraft? My only reference is my very local pub named called the Wyvern (named I believe because one ran off the runway into it back in the '50's) which has loads of pictures, but I must confess to be more focused on the drinking whilst there 😵

Superb build, love the super detailing, chipping and the markings, but...…………….I think you were a little heavy handed with the weathering!!  If I was captain of the carrier it was trying to land on I would not allow it to land on my ship due to the condition its in.  I have seen no photos of a Wyvern in this condition, I am sure that the crew would go no where near it in case they caught something, apart from that, as I said, superb build, love the extra work put into the wing tips, colours are spot on, I just do not feel any Wyvern would be allowed to get into that state in the Fleet Air Arm  and is long, long due an overhaul

3 hours ago, rayprit said:

Superb build, love the super detailing, chipping and the markings, but...…………….I think you were a little heavy handed with the weathering!!  If I was captain of the carrier it was trying to land on I would not allow it to land on my ship due to the condition its in.  I have seen no photos of a Wyvern in this condition, I am sure that the crew would go no where near it in case they caught something, apart from that, as I said, superb build, love the extra work put into the wing tips, colours are spot on, I just do not feel any Wyvern would be allowed to get into that state in the Fleet Air Arm  and is long, long due an overhaul

b159ffb1gy1fytsp2wbvqj20if0abmyl.jpg

Edited by srogue
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, FIGHTS ON said:

amazing build and beautifully weathered. I always smile when I read the "early" title in an aircraft that was only in service for about a year(?). Is there a Wyvern expert out there that can confirm that the wingtips did or didn't fold on frontline aircraft? My only reference is my very local pub named called the Wyvern (named I believe because one ran off the runway into it back in the '50's) which has loads of pictures, but I must confess to be more focused on the drinking whilst there 😵

I think that the normal use of paint is too ugly

22 hours ago, rayprit said:

I have to agree. I used to work with an ex-FAA armourer, who was on board in the days of Sea Venoms, Scimitars and Sea Vixens.  He told me that the aircraft were kept as clean as possible, to the extent they were wiped over with the equivalent of WD-40, to prevent corrosion.  Although paint chipping and dirt were unavoidable, the aircraft would never have been able to get into this sort of state.

Having said that, as an example of weathering, it is great! I'm quite jealous. It was just the wrong subject.