This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Homebee

1/72 - Douglas A-4E/F/M Skyhawk by HobbyBoss - A-4E released - A-4F release November 2019

So, assuming I don't give a fig for slats down (because they offend my delicate aesthetic sensibilities), how accurate in terms of general shape is this kit? Has anyone seen it in person?

I wanted to give one a whirl,but the price put me off.Almost 30 quid .

11 hours ago, Gwart said:

I'm voting with my wallet on this one as well.

Cheers,

Andre

20 hours ago, Gwart said:

Ouch!!:yikes:

Allan

The price is very high for what is a relatively small kit.  You can pick up the Airfix kit for sub £10 in places.

As someone has mentioned, Eduard would make a killing releasing the Fujimi kit with a load of extra goodies.  So many stunning schemes to choose from.  Can anyone give them a nudge....!!  🙂

4 hours ago, Booty003 said:

The price is very high for what is a relatively small kit.  You can pick up the Airfix kit for sub £10 in places.

If the Airfix kit were an A-4E, I might, but the decals I want to use are for an A-4E. The kit can be found on ebay for $27 shipped to the USA, not amazing, I grant you, but it's hard to know if it's worth the money to me -- always subjective, I grant you -- without knowing what people think of the plastic proper.

I'm guessing/hoping those prices might settle down a bit after a few months. 

5 hours ago, Booty003 said:

Eduard would make a killing releasing the Fujimi kit with a load of extra goodies.  So many stunning schemes to choose from.  Can anyone give them a nudge....!! 

That is a cracking idea, I'm with you on that one @Booty003

Steve.

Hello,

got my Hobbyboss A-4E from a friend on a business trip to China.

In my opinion, the kit looks like an A-4 but only just. The upper profile of the nose is like the Exci one - straight while it should be a subtle curve. Like the Fujimi kit, the blending of the air intakes into the fuselage ends to far aft and the exhaust area is too fat. According to Isradecals  A-4 publication, page 106, the outer diameter of the extended exhaust pipe is 54.7cm, which is around 7.6mm for 1/72. There is a wedge shaped spacer between pipe and fuselage, I suspect the fuselage diameter is around 8mm there.

My favourite A-4 in 1/72 is a kitbash of Fujimi and Esci: Front fuselage, wings and landing gear from Fujimi, aft fuselage and horizontal tail from Esci.

Regards,

Martin