1/72 - Douglas A-4E/F/M Skyhawk by HobbyBoss - released

Homebee

13 hours ago, Andre B said:

Any chanse to build an IAF Skyhawk of one of these HB kits?

You could build a stock A-4E as delivered to the IDF/AF in 1973 to make up for the Yom Kippur losses. 

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 1

13 hours ago, CharlieNZ said:

Bearing in mind these are only 3D renders, the actual kit may come with separate slats.

Considering that the 1/48 A-4 from the same company does not have separate slats, I would be surprised to see these on the smaller scale brother

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Uncle Dick said:

I have at least 25 Fujimi (various variants / boxings)!

Will have to get me one of the new Airfix 2019 boxing just for the Tonkin Yacht club boxing...

a03029a_douglas-a4b-skyhawk_artwork.jpg

I bow to your superior stash. I guess having 12 just makes me a minor royal.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, dalea said:

It's called Abenomics and it means "Strong Yen". Get Donald to fix it.

That doesn't explain why Hasegawa's 1/48 A-4C, a far superior kit I might add, is selling for $18.01.

Edited by VMA131Marine
  • Like 2

Why Hobby Boss focused on delivering 1:72 and 1:48 versions of the A-4E/F/M, and hasn´t done the early Skyhawk versions (A/B (P)/C(Q))? Putting aside the issue of the flaps and slats, I would be really pleased if they´d release an early Skyhawk with Argentinian markings. If the markings are correct that is. I´m sure it would sell well, plus it would be cheaper than the ones sold on Mercadolibre (three are sold at 116, 103 and 97 GBPs respectivly).

Good afternoon

I would be very interested to see the sprues as if you follow the link provided above by Homebe it is said that this kit is composed of 160 parts ...

160 parts for a 1/72 Skyhawk kit ? when their F14 Tomcat kit is composed of 100+ parts http://www.hobbyboss.com/index.php?g=home&m=product&a=show&id=1445&l=en

Patrice

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tomppa B said:

Actually no wonder, when you take into account how rare the A-4 is in 1/72!

Rare! You're kidding, I hope! There have been 1/72 kits from Airfix, Hasegawa, Fujimi, Italeri, Esci, Matchbox, and Lindberg. 

• Like 1

Well I must say I am looking much less forward to this release now - if my comparison is correct some glaring errors in the decal sheet does not bode well for the plastic...

If the well circulated photo of NP 230 is the aircraft they are depicting - have a look at the starboard marking on top of the wing "230 NP" firstly Hobbyboss have joined the letters N and P when they should be separate and secondly the marking is way to small they have roughly sized the "230 NP" to be the length/size of the US national marking star and bar when it should be much bigger about one and a half the length in size, not to mention they have the "230" placed along the middle of the N when it should be in line with the top of the N, the application of "USS BON HOMME RICHARD" is not present on the fuselage - easily fixed, and the VA-212 lion has some inaccuracies

A-4E_VA-212_on_cat_of_USS_Bon_Homme_Rich

As for the price of $51.10 at HLJ if you are purchasing this kit would recommend UnLucky Model based in Hong Kong for example the Trumpeter 1/72 Mig-31 is $58.30 at HLJ while it is $36.99 at Lucky Model and the Hobbyboss 1/72 Jaguar A is $41.11 at HLJ while it is $26.99 at Luckymodel for comparison, so if you are not in a hurry would wait until Luckymodel lists it 

If the parts count of 160 is correct will certainly be interesting to see the features and detail of the plastic!!! 

Edited by Uncle Dick
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, VMA131Marine said:

Rare! You're kidding, I hope! There have been 1/72 kits from Airfix, Hasegawa, Fujimi, Italeri, Esci, Matchbox, and Lindberg. 

Could you tell me where I could find an A-4 in 1/72? Can't find one on Hannant's neither on Aviationmegastore. If you want one you have to buy the Italeri Top Gun set in which you get the F-14 Tomcat as a sort of bonus.

33 minutes ago, Tomppa B said:

Could you tell me where I could find an A-4 in 1/72? Can't find one on Hannant's neither on Aviationmegastore. If you want one you have to buy the Italeri Top Gun set in which you get the F-14 Tomcat as a sort of bonus.

You will need to look around a bit beyond the two shops you mention.. A lot of the previously mentioned kits are currently out of production but, as was pointed out, there has been no shortage of kits produced. The Airfix kit is still widely available and, is due for reissue this month. You could try Kingkit as well.

Allan

• Like 1