1/72 - Douglas A-4E/F/M Skyhawk by HobbyBoss - released

Homebee

Alright alright alright, I guess the artist used the Hobbyboss kit as a reference, hence the mistakes.

I an not putting the blame on him for an inaccurate rendition.

Love the sky and the clouds though.

I am sure his other works are just fine.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

What a stir....so many mistakes..i quess i'll have to do another work and leave box art to others!!! Anyway...critics is one thing...nasty critics is another!!! I post here the image i used as a lead to my work and hopefully will make nastier the masters of critisicm!!!

5 hours ago, Robertone139 said:

Alright alright alright, I guess the artist used the Hobbyboss kit as a reference, hence the mistakes.

I an not putting the blame on him for an inaccurate rendition.

Love the sky and the clouds though.

I am sure his other works are just fine.

thank you for the kind comments!!! Have a nice day!!!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Procopius said:

I'm all for constructive criticism of the kits -- how else would we know if they're accurate? -- but this strikes me as venturing into needless rudeness. It's a painting, it's not the model. 

thanks for the comment...well he just might have some reasons for what he wrotte...i used exact data from a photograph from the same squadron and  it can be seen bellow...!!! Have a nice day!!!

18 hours ago, lasermonkey said:

I have to agree with my learned friend here. That was totally uncalled for. Constructive criticism is one thing, rubbishing someone's work is another thing entirely.

also thank you my friend...well he mentioned that Fujimi is the winner anyway..so propably he works for Fujimi and all the rest is crap😁...all the best!!!

12 hours ago, vppelt68 said:

Show us your own paintings, then, we´re waiting...

he has not....these are people who just give a nasty comment no matter what...they live of doing that!!!! Thank you for the nice comment!! I post inlater pages the image i used for creating the box art and i am sure all the guys will see that the shape and markings are correct..as for the ''master''..i do not care if he will see it or not!!!!                  Have a nice day!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

I picked one up on discount and actually it looks quite good. The retracted slats don't bother me much because I was planning to make it as a Blue Angels bird - Can anyone recommend aftermarket decals for one of these?

A-4F_Blue_Angels_echelon_right_formation

Jay

Edited by Mountain goat
  • Like 2

I believe that the great contribution of Hobbyboss is the Lade Jessie decals, do you know how is the cost in ebay of the Fujimi kit with that decals? (if you have the luck to discover someone)

last time that I discover one in an auction it was sold to more than $70.

I would like to know if the Hobbyboss decals are correct in shape and colors.

On 3/1/2020 at 5:55 PM, edgardo gil said:

I believe that the great contribution of Hobbyboss is the Lade Jessie decals, do you know how is the cost in ebay of the Fujimi kit with that decals?

Perhaps the RoG Italeri rebox is worth hunting down, decals look alright:

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-4358-mcdonnell-douglas-a-4f-skyhawk--143693

Cheers,

Andre

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Douglas A-4E/F/M Skyhawk by HobbyBoss - A-4E & F released - A-4M release April 2022

Hello everyone.

Lets hope H.B get things correct for this boxing, because, if it’s like their 1/48 scale kit it will will be a DISASTER. Ney horror show 😲.  I get that some of the weapons sprue’s are generic and that a Laser Guided Bomb is not appropriate but the 48th kit took the biscuit to another level. The biggest bug bear was the closed slats, then all of the bits and pieces that make the M Mike version weren’t supplied. As always a lot of weapons was supplied, but, either were just not appropriate or never seen on the M ike version. And then the painting and decal guides were lousy……. So, before warned that the 48th kis bad , but, until we see this new boxing, let’s give it the benefit of doubt. 🤨

Mt 48th W.I.P.

spacer.png

Thanks for looking.   😉

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Uncle Dick said:

I am staying away from HB scooters, Hobby 2000 1/72 (Fujimi repops) are far superior in price and accuracy for me anyway!

There is a reason I've just bought a couple of the Hobby2000 A-4E/F kits, better price & accuracy afaics.

Steve.

• Like 2

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Douglas A-4E/F/M Skyhawk by HobbyBoss - A-4E/F & M released
5 hours ago, Hook said:

You are right, of course ... those sheets aren't easy to find though.  Plus who wouldn't like more Top Gun Scooters?! 😀

• Like 1

On 5/2/2022 at 8:52 AM, Vultures1 said:

You are right, of course ... those sheets aren't easy to find though.  Plus who wouldn't like more Top Gun Scooters?! 😀

Truthfully Im not a huge fan of aggressor, aerobatic teams (think Blue angels, Thunderbirds, or Red arrows). I include Tiger meet or CAG birds as well. I’m one that very much prefers to do his builds in active duty line schemes. About the only showy scheme's I do like are on Reno style Racer’s. I don't fault anyone for wanting to do these scheme's I understand the attraction however they're just not that exciting too me. The one exception being Japanese aggressor’s. 

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 5

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Douglas A-4E/F/M Skyhawk by HobbyBoss - released

So, all, in the end, these are good kits or not?

On 5/3/2022 at 11:55 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Truthfully Im not a huge fan of aggressor, aerobatic teams (think Blue angels, Thunderbirds, or Red arrows). I include Tiger meet or CAG birds as well. I’m one that very much prefers to do his builds in active duty line schemes.

👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RidgeRunner said:

So, all, in the end, these are good kits or not?

I'll skip them. The Fujimi kits are more accurate, and cheaper in their Hobby 2000 reboxes. 

Too bad.

Cheers,

Andre

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/72 - Douglas A-4E/F/M Skyhawk by HobbyBoss - released - Black Dog detailing sets