1/48 - Boeing Bell MV-22 Osprey by HobbyBoss - released

Homebee

• 8 months later...

I'm glad about this.  I've liked the Osprey since seeing one overhead as it arrived at RIAT one year - I think it was the type's first time over here.  Sure it's got its issues as a 1:1 aircraft, but it's kinda cool.  I hope HB/Trumpy do a good job, so I could finally put my old Italeri kit in the recycling ^_^

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Mike said:

I'm glad about this.  I've liked the Osprey since seeing one overhead as it arrived at RIAT one year - I think it was the type's first time over here.  Sure it's got its issues as a 1:1 aircraft, but it's kinda cool.  I hope HB/Trumpy do a good job, so I could finally put my old Italeri kit in the recycling ^_^

Cautiously optimistic but as it's HB/Trumpy I'll wait until it's released before recycling anything.

On 24/09/2019 at 09:54, SleeperService said:

Cautiously optimistic but as it's HB/Trumpy I'll wait until it's released before recycling anything.

From what I recall last time I looked, the Italeri kit was nothing more than a blank canvas on which to start.  There were shape issues, especially around the wing hump resulting from them modelling an early pre-production machine IIRC.  Someone else will know more, but it's the primary reason it's right at the back of my stash ;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Mike said:

From what I recall last time I looked, the Italeri kit was nothing more than a blank canvas on which to start.  There were shape issues, especially around the wing hump resulting from them modelling an early pre-production machine IIRC.  Someone else will know more, but it's the primary reason it's right at the back of my stash

Fair comment however at the very back of my stash is a Kitty hawk F-35B. Horrible, horrible kit.

• Sad 1

having built the Italeri Osprey the HB version does not have to be all that great to be better.  The Italeri version is a low bar to get over but that being said I do hope for a great kit not just something better (and it has to have full interior too).

6 hours ago, Mike said:

Accordion to whom? :hmmm: Genuinely interested.

Me for one. There is/was a build on here as well. Beautifully moulded parts that need some 'adjustment' to fit and then the detail needs redoing.

KH can design a good model kit but they seem prone to silly, avoidable errors. This is just my opinion of course.

On 26/09/2019 at 04:35, SleeperService said:

Me for one. There is/was a build on here as well. Beautifully moulded parts that need some 'adjustment' to fit and then the detail needs redoing.

KH can design a good model kit but they seem prone to silly, avoidable errors. This is just my opinion of course.

Yes indeed - I'm glad to hear it was personal opinion, rather than a perception based upon the biggest mouths ;) I'd agree that you need to take care building a KH kit, and that they do make some avoidable errors.  My Su-34 build stalled because I'm hopeless at keeping up momentum with builds, rather than any issues I found beating me.  I've also built their Jag, which came out nicely.... just don't take your eyes off them :ninja:

• Like 2

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 25/09/2019 at 21:57, Mike said:

Accordion to whom? :hmmm: Genuinely interested.

acp-cru-sc25.jpg

A friend and club mate built the Italeri one and said it was really bad, needed a large amount of work to get looking decent. 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Phantom Phil said:

Many thanks Blabber Mouth - Out of interest, what is the difference between an MV-22 and a CV-22?

The MV-22 is the version used by the US Marines as a transport. The CV-22 is the USAF version configured for Special Operations insertion /extraction.

• Like 1

• Homebee changed the title to 1/48 - Boeing Bell MV-22 Osprey by HobbyBoss - released