Heinkel 51 what do you do with a first generation kit?

cduckworth

Last night I dug out the first generation CA Heinkel 51 I’d started years ago to finish as a SCW a/c.  I’d gotten to the point where the fuselage was buttoned up and the lower wing was glued on and everything was puttied and sanded.  I looked at the landing gear legs, combined wheels and wheel pants parts and thought why waste my time on this when I have a Roden He 51 to build (plus another last generation CA He 51) the reviews show both these to be much nicer kits.  

I know I’m not the only modeler that’s faced this choice.  So what’s your normal course?   Save the PE and decals and toss the old kit and grab  the better version to build or stay the course and build the dog?   

Well if you have started and you are reasonably happy with the progress to date why not finish it. If you build it to a standard you are happy with then OK, and that frees up the other examples of the aircraft to do in other markings. If you aren't happy with the progress so far then toss it and keep the decals. 

Thanks, the worse part of the first generation kit is the way the landing gear legs are attached.  I like your recommendation as I have a couple sheets of SCW decals for this model.