Argentinian Dagger load question

goon

1 hour ago, goon said:

but having to fork out for another 1300L tank means this model is getting expensive!

Hey, Gareth!

Just a consolation to you: modelling gets the most expensive ever down here, I guess. You can just imagine how tough is to have to multiply our currency exchange rate by x42.6 or x37.5 for every each € or US$... Now, THAT'S expensive, but certainly won't prevent me from modelling.

Incidentally; can't you duplicate one of your 1300 litre-tanks by making a mold?

Cheers,

Unc2 

3 hours ago, goon said:

That's the clearest picture I've seen Uncle - thanks. I'll have a look at the wingman set, but having to fork out for another 1300L tank means this model is getting expensive!

Cheers,

Gareth

Thats because it the Fingers (upgraded Daggers ) retirement scheme, its supossed to show how the Daggers looked in 1982 during the Falklands war, so don't use this picture as reference for a 1982 Dagger.

the BR 250 had a different color back then

Bo

• Thanks 1

Sounds pretty steep Uncle! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind paying for good modelling stuff at all, the amount of pleasure it gives me makes it a very good value hobby, but there does come a point where it's getting a bit daft. I could have a go at casting, but I've failed many times in the past. I'll probably spring for the extra tanks when a couple of beers have loosened my wallet!

Gareth

22 hours ago, goon said:

I don't mind paying for good modelling stuff at all, the amount of pleasure it gives me makes it a very good value hobby, but there does come a point where it's getting a bit daft.

Gareth!

Yeh, sometimes I'd been of the idea that modelling is getting a bit daft as of late, when price of certain stuff is to be considered. However, if only I could get my sheila not to learn how much I paid for a tiny jar of paint coming from Japan!

22 hours ago, goon said:

I could have a go at casting, but I've failed many times in the past. I'll probably spring for the extra tanks when a couple of beers have loosened my wallet!

Well, perhaps I could help you out with that. Talk about crazy people; y'see I've got this mate of mine who surprisingly doesn't like endowing his Mirage 1/48 kits with the larger jugs; he just fancies those floozy-thin, supersonic 500-litre tanks on his Mirages.

Will be on the lookout for some of his Wingman Models kits 1300-litre tanks.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 9:57 PM, Bo hermansen said:

Thats because it the Fingers (upgraded Daggers ) retirement scheme, its supossed to show how the Daggers looked in 1982 during the Falklands war, so don't use this picture as reference for a 1982 Dagger.

the BR 250 had a different color back then

Will you please hold down your horses, Bo? I took that you'd understood that the picture in question was just to show Garteth the correct place where the aforementioned pylons should be located at. I've said absolutely nothing regarding the colour of the bombs nor the camo on that pic!

Go try to find a clearer picture of a Daggers circa 1982 where you can demostrate the correct place for the pylons much better tan that one.

Jesus Christ!

Unc2 

• Like 2