1/144 - Airbus A350-900 & -1000 by Zvezda - released

Homebee

• 8 months later...

Great news, IMHO the prettiest variant in the A350 range. And if the molding is as good as it usually is with Zvezda, I will bin the -900 Revell kit and shrink the Zvezda kit.

Too bad they put an end to the "Ultimate" dirty wing standard, I guess the sales did not improve notably. Anyway, better new quality and simple kits than no kits at all.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Sorry to bring up an older thread, but it's nice to see how the fan blades have been moulded. Not like the revell idea of attaching each individual fan blade to the sprue. This zvezda idea is much better

On 4/19/2020 at 3:44 PM, Dans80 said:

Not like the revell idea of attaching each individual fan blade to the sprue. This zvezda idea is much better

I'm not sure what you mean. I've built the Revell 350 and there were not individual fan blades, but two disks of blades you put together. Actually looking the same as Zvezda's. 😕

51 minutes ago, sofiane1718 said:

He means that with the Revell one, each blade was attached to the sprue and the chances to brake one was obviously higher...

Also less sanding to do on the parts :D

Absolutely this mate. :). I didnt explain it too well. But glad you understood :)

Edited by Dans80
Spelling

• Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Airbus A350-900 & -1000 by Zvezda - A350-1000 released - A350-900 release in 2021
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi Guys,

I recently bought both kits and I am now very surprised. Both have exactly the same wing parts and these correspond to the dimensions of Revells A350-900 from 2013...

This means that the A350-1000, which Zvezda first released in 2019, already had the too small wings of the -900 (???), because their dimensions already correspond exactly to those of the Revell kit.

Zvezda even mentions the actually larger wings in the description of the aircraft... What went wrong? 🤨

Edited by Smallscaler

• Homebee changed the title to 1/144 - Airbus A350-900 & -1000 by Zvezda - released

My info is from the Company Manuals, not the website.

I won't publish a screenshot, but the paragraph I've quoted from states "Applicable to: ALL", i.e. it doesn't differentiate between the types. 

When there is a difference, it specifies Manufacturers  Serial Number "Applicable to: MSN 0XXX-0YYY" 

Or type "Applicable to: -900"

Edited by Tea Taster
further clarification
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Tea Taster said:

My info is from the Company Manuals, not the website.

I won't publish a screenshot, but the paragraph I've quoted from states "Applicable to: ALL", i.e. it doesn't differentiate between the types. 

When there is a difference, it specifies Manufacturers  Serial Number "Applicable to: MSN 0XXX-0YYY" 

I stand corrected