Majestic as always. Spitfire Mk.I-Tamiya’s latest

Well, what can I say? This is how you retool a subject! However, there are some areas that were slightly over engineered. Such as the top cowl. This could certainly have been a single piece. But the drain wasn’t that difficult to remove. Seatbelts, great in PE. The tie straps? Rather unnecceasary. The Mylar for the canopy ovals, also useless. The fuselage inserts for an open or closed canopy seems a bit much. Airfix dealt with this issue by just using two sized of canopy. It works and is near as makes no difference. But to indent the area where the canopy slides onto the fuselage was a nice stroke. And lastly, if Eduard can add subtle rivet detail, why can’t Tamiya? The fit is typical Tamiya, which is absolutely perfect. Overall, ️1/2 stars. The loss of a half star is for the things I mentioned. A new favorite!

19ND7nk.jpg

E5TFN8W.jpg

zO9DJ3m.jpg

frXTw12.jpg

g9twY9C.jpgstUV2zD.jpgDokZ2lh.jpg9mz5u9p.jpg

• Like 36

That looks really good! Well done. I picked one of these up just before Christmas but I’ve not even taken the bits out of the plastic bag yet. Trying to resist and finish a few other things first. Thanks for the info I’m sure that will be useful. John

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, WhitleyZ6743 said:

Very nice!

Did you use a wash and/or pre shading?

Yes and no/yes. For camo projects, I post shade the camo colors. It gives a more consistent tonal depth because you don’t lose the pre shade at the demarcation lines. The Sky bottom, however was pre and post shaded. And yes, it’s washed with The Detailer acrylic wash. 

• Thanks 1