1/32nd B-24J Liberator errors!

tonyot

Hello Colin,

I`m not sure whether 1/32nd scale is your thing,..... but there are a few errors with the B-24J from Hobbyboss which could do with sorting out! The nose and tail turret glazing are terrible with seam lines and placement pins where the glazing should be clear and the nose turret has frosted glass over the entire thing!!! The engines could also do with opened cooling gills and many ill want resin wheels to replace the rubber tyres. Add to that an ASV radome instead of the ball turret and even a Leigh Light for under the wing,...... and RAF decals.

Just a thought anyway,.....Happy New Year mate,

Tony

Good grief!  After conquering the 1/72 universe and occupying significant portions of the 1/48 realm, the man is moving into 1/32!  And nothing trivial, you understand: only a 4-engined bomber with a remarkably large wingspan.  O'Toole Towers must be immense - or a Tardis.

• Haha 2

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2018 at 10:21 PM, Seahawk said:

Good grief!  After conquering the 1/72 universe and occupying significant portions of the 1/48 realm, the man is moving into 1/32!  And nothing trivial, you understand: only a 4-engined bomber with a remarkably large wingspan.  O'Toole Towers must be immense - or a Tardis.

Haha,.....no I`m in a 2 up 2 down terraced house mate,...... and almost out of room,.....but I do like the odd 1/32nd scale treat!!! That said,.....this will be the biggest model I have ever built. I do need a much bigger house!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tonyot said:

Haha,.....no I`m in a 2 up 2 down terraced house mate,...... and almost out of room,.....but I do like the odd 1/32nd scale treat!!! That said,.....this will be the biggest model I have ever built. I do need a much bigger house!

I'm sure that there must be a way to roof over the back yard.  The advantage to anyone in the house is a nice warm dry garden room you can use all year, the advantage to you is you could go for a 1/24 Liberator.  I'm sure one of those arty architect types could help here...  😇

• Haha 1