The Deanflyer Collection 2018

Deanflyer

This year things looked up a bit on the modelling front, as my retirement made plenty of time available for hobbies. 🙂 

The first completion of the year was a 1/32 conversion of the Revell Spitfire IX into a T.9 which I flew in 2017. This required scratch building a rear cockpit and canopy, making new decals and a host of other changes. 

yearbook1_zpsjrjkhfc2.jpg

yearbook2_zpsjah7nca6.jpg

yearbook3_zpsyypbwpyv.jpg

yearbook4_zpssqf5ejsd.jpg

Then I built Airfix's 1/48 Sea Hurricane for Geoff Coughlin's website Scale Modelling Now, and did a few improvements:

hurri2_zpsexfhybtc.jpg

hurri8_zpsyddg2nqh.jpg

hurri3_zpswnhihanw.jpg

I realised I'd never ever built anything Japanese, so I did the Hasegawa 1/48 Zero:

zero1web_zpssyadcp0q.jpg

zero15web_zps43rxkyvv.jpg

zero14web_zpsftdkr9ov.jpg

Then another build for Geoff, the new Airfix 1/48 Meteor FR.9:

finished10small_zpsr5au4oxc.jpg

finished2small_zpsrzmrsetx.jpg

finished6small_zpsnz1laup5.jpg

Followed by a bit of fun. I'd recently managed to spill some liquid poly onto a few bits of a model, and decided to see what the results would be on a finished article. This was the victim:

must16_zpsmh0ghbqk.jpg

...and this was the result:

must18_zps88gg1umu.jpg

must20_zpsgs04xarq.jpg

Then I was asked to build a 1/72 model of the two seat Spitfire 'Elizabeth', for it's owner:

liz1_zpsoexcunrq.jpg

liz7_zpszrebzsgi.jpg

spit16_zpsh4ovuhn5.jpg

And that was the end of my completions. I've got a 1/24 Airfix Stuka about two thirds done, but no way is that getting finished before year's end, so that'll have to wait until next year's round up...

Happy New Year everyone,

Dean

• Like 23

That must have been an incredible experience flying the spitfire.  they are all magnificent builds, Dean.  Im interested to know a bit more about how you incorporate the background into your photos, as this is something I wont to try this year

Regards

Bruce

18 hours ago, pacificmustang said:

That must have been an incredible experience flying the spitfire.  they are all magnificent builds, Dean.  Im interested to know a bit more about how you incorporate the background into your photos, as this is something I wont to try this year

Regards

Bruce

Pretty low tech answer... 😉 

DSCN4147_zpsyyuhngpq.jpg

Cheers,

Dean

• Like 1