Lost Images

Is it just me or are some old lost Photobucket images reappearing?  Not sure if it is because I can se them as they are mine, or if they are back to being visible to all again?  Hope so, would be great to be able to see the images in some old threads

PB had a mini volte face a few months (years?) back, saying they'd let so-and-so photos be used, and reduced their ransom fee to a more reasonable rate.  I think they were closing the door on an empty barn at the time though, so not many people either do, or want to use their services, as they clearly don't give two hoots about their customer base :shrug: It didn't affect me personally, but in one fell swoop (in the name of greed) they binned off so many millions of resources from the net that it just wasn't funny :fight:

Yes @Mike - I was using them & stopped with the whole charging thing.  Never paid anything & the direct linked images disappeared, although I could get to them from the photobucket site.  But today I have seen some of the old links working again.  May have been like that for a while, but was new to me.

I, too, have noticed that some of my PB photos have reappeared in old threads...complete with the obnoxious and intrusive PB watermark, usually obscuring some useful bit of detail. Since I haven't given them a single dinar, they must have revised their PR stance since the debacle.

No doubt a case of 'business model' meeting brick wall, at high speed. :lalala:

12 minutes ago, bar side said:

Yes @thorfinn saw the watermark on them too.  Better than nothing, but not ideal

5 minutes ago, Mike said:

It's better PR than "give us your flippin' money!", but only just :S

True enough. I fully realize...since I haven't given them a flippin' dinar...that a certain level of self-promotion can rightly be expected to attend their 'charitable' service. Business is business, after all....