Fujimi Honda Civic Type-R EK9

Pros:

It's the only kit of an EK9 Civic Type R, and it assembles easily. It looks right once the ride height is altered.

Cons:

Curbside. Interior doors lack any detail. Ride height is too high, boxed wheels seem a little on the small side.

Verdict:

It builds up into a nice model kit of te Civic Type-R with only a small amount of effort. Recommended.

Build notes:

It took me about 3 months to complete this one, mainly due to work travel commitments, and two of the panels on the car got black paint leaked into them whilst spraying the winder surrounds, needing a lot more masking and respraying of those panels. Alterations to the boxed kit are: Scratch built seatbelts retainers, Rear seatbelts, interior carpets, door cards and some other interior details added. Ride height lowered by about 1mm. Wheels exchanged for Aoshima Rays 57Xtreme 18 inch. Moulded front mesh removed and replaced with real mesh. Red Honda badge decals replaced with shinier ones from Hobby Design (HD01-0045).

fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_001.jpg
fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_002.jpg
fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_003.jpg
fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_004.jpg
fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_005.jpg
fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_006.jpg
fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_007.jpg
fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_008.jpg
fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_009.jpg
fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_010.jpg
fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_011.jpg
fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_012.jpg
fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_013.jpg
fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_014.jpg
fujimi-civic-type-r-ek9_015.jpg

• Like 11

Super build and a lovely finish. These Civic's used to be everywhere on the roads, used to see Type-R's and Spoon-a-likes doing the traffic light drag race fairly often.

All the best and Happy New Year.

Lovely rendition of the 96MY Civic.

As a long term employee of Honda I have grown to be quite attached to the Honda brand though I had no idea about this kit. I have the 01MY Type R (EP3) in the stash - after seeing yours I'll probs go looking for this one!

Thanks for showing.

ATB Rick

• 2 weeks later...