Hillson Praga E114B, KP kit, 1/72

I could have masked the wheels for painting, but I decided to make metal hubcaps from aluminium foil. I punched two circles of adequate diameter:

IMG_1512+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Pushed them in with a sphere tool on cardboard:

IMG_1512b+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

Paint and ready to be glued on. If detail is needed (screws, axle cap) they can be also engraved cautiously:

IMG_1513+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 7

The wing is glued on. Noticed it has the spar area already painted on wood color. The stab strut locations are marked as tiny pips, so I removed them and drilled small holes for them. I will replace the plastic strut parts of the kit for finer strut material. The horizontal tail is a slide-on affair, but you have to enlarge a bit the hole for it to fit comfortably.
So far so good:

IMG_1535+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 3

This is extremely interesting to hear. That as ones skills increase, the forces that swirl around ones work area increase proportionally. It is heartening to observe that ones recovery time is also decreased. 

A lovely plump little being coming into shape Moa!

• Haha 1

A gloss black base is airbrushed in preparation for the top color.
As it happens, this particular plane had a different prop than the laminated wood ones I prepared (see above), so the kit's prop is painted (yellow tips included) to be used. The window frames and engine are painted at this time too:

IMG_1598+%25281280x960%2529.jpg

• Like 8

hi MOA ,

re your 1/72 Hubcaps....... and thought I was nuts when I made twice 1/24 scale Sunglasses and lost them both !

before I could stick them on the Charter Pilot Figure

g.g.m.m.s. !

Geoff

F.T.G. 3156

• Haha 1

A word about the kit's decals:

I got two decal sheets, a larger one and a smaller one, the smaller one had some extra details and a couple of spare registrations. These are the type of decals that are very good, because their carrier is very thin and will mostly disappear, but these are also decals you have to handle very cautiously, for the same reason.  I managed to fold one and break two others. I used some spares from other regs.

For the model I am making, G-AEUT, the location for the decals given in the instructions is slightly off. Looking at photos you see that the fuselage regs do not align with the top spar, but are angled. The regs on the top wing should be more spread out, the regs under the wing are ok.

• Like 2