1/48 - Douglas A/B/DB-26B/C & JD-1D Invader by ICM - released - new Revell boxing

Homebee

Even tho we dont have the kit yet, ICM have sent us the WWII extra set of decals for review;

Hopefully the kit will be with us soon.

Even more hopefully for me a counter Invader will be along at some point.

Julien

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Released  - ref. 48281 - Douglas B-26B-50 Invader, Korean War American Bomber

http://www.icm.com.ua/news/626-b-26b-50-invader-korean-war-american-bomber-100.html

https://plastic-models-store.com/ICM-48281---B-26B-50-Invader,-Korean-War-American-bomber-1-48-scale-model-kit--11783.html

1569399426_48281_box_web.jpg

1569399403_48281-6.jpg

1569399438_48281-3.jpg

1569399414_48281-4.jpg

1569399472_48281-5.jpg

1569399406_48281-1.jpg

1569399481_48281-7.jpg

1569399420_48281-2.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 12

On 9/26/2019 at 5:52 AM, averarandy said:

Does this look like landing gear and the wheel well doors have to be inserted before the relevant parts halves are put together?

areva

Same as the monogram/revell kit then ? Heres the revellogram sprue shot from cybermodeler. 
spacer.png

So is this a new tool kit, or a re-pop with some updates ? 

Dennis

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle

57 minutes ago, Silver Seraph said:

Cannot be a repop, part distribution is completely different, the way the horizontal stab attaches to the fuselage is different. It has got to be a 100% new tool. And I am thankful about that.

i think he was talking abiout the under carriage doors

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

So is this a new tool kit, or a re-pop with some updates ? 

Dennis

The ICM 1/48 A-26 is a completely new-tooled kit, not at all related to the old Revell/Monogram kit from many years ago; some components are broken down in a similar fashion, but that often seems to happen with different manufacturers' takes on the same airframe.....

Edited by hopkp
Correcting error.....
  • Like 4

I would mention that the painting instructions for options two, the 8th 3rd BG aircraft is incorrect. This aircraft was not all over olive drab but all over the place. The box art image almost gets it correct. 

This is Revell's painting instructions for the same aircraft 

spacer.png

Edited by thepureness

5 hours ago, thepureness said:

I would mention that the painting instructions for options two, the 8th 3rd BG aircraft is incorrect. This aircraft was not all over olive drab but all over the place. The box art image almost gets it correct. 

This is Revell's painting instructions for the same aircraft 

But on what date? It certainly didn't come out of the factory like that. and it wasn't issued to the unit like that.  All aircraft in wild unit-applied paint start off as standard.

Indeed not, but by this time it was over five years out of the factory, and will have spent most if not all of this time overseas in tropical or semi-tropical areas carrying a paint scheme that had been abandoned before it actually left the factory.  To explain that, some early A-26s in the Pacific War were painted OD at the request of the operating unit.  So they never came out of the factory in OD anyway.

I have seen a poor quality picture of Nan after a crash, and she seemed to be carrying black underside with lighter markings.  The higher quality colour photo on which the Revell instruction is based certainly shows that aircraft as a right hotch-potch, ("all over the place" seems about right) and I'm by no means convinced that she wasn't carrying black wings anyway - though the question obviously remains about whether the photos show two different aircraft.  One thing is certain, if you are modelling a Korean War aircraft in OD, none of them were anywhere near immaculate when issued to the unit.  If you want to do an A-26 in OD looking anywhere near factory finish, then you are looking for a Pacific War example.

BRAVO ICM !

Not another ME Bf-109, Spitfire, P-51D or F-104 but something that a lot of us have been eagerly waiting for !.

I will repay ICM handsomely for releasing this kit.

• Like 3