1/48 - Douglas A/B/DB-26B/C & JD-1D Invader by ICM - released - new Revell boxing

Homebee

7 hours ago, Scimitar F1 said:

About time too! Three major conflicts plus a host of smaller ones, some excellent schemes and variants. Not to mention a really cool shape. They are going to sell loads! 

I agree. ICM will receive orders from all the major distributors and this kit will have    legs — it will be a strong seller. 

• Like 1

I have the Monogram kit in staxh and it looks nice in the box apart from the panel lines. I seem to recall an additionall issue - that there was also a problem with the fuselage cross section (IIRC it is not sqare enough). Because of all the clear parts and interior details this would be very dificult to fix.

Happy to hear of a new tool Invader. It will definitely replace my Monogram kit.

• Like 1

On 12/26/2018 at 11:10 AM, 28ZComeback said:

The Invader has some very subtle curves and contours in the fuselage that Monogram totally missed in 1993. The nose just looks wrong.

On 12/27/2018 at 3:45 AM, SleeperService said:

As well as the nose there's something not right about the wing position and the relationship between components at the back on the Monogram kit. I have read that the fuselage cross-section is off but have not got a kit to check.

The vertical was cranked forward and shape was off. From what I can remember mentioned years ago.

On 12/26/2018 at 7:17 PM, GRIM REAPER said:

Currently, there is only one flyable example they can study.

In your area? 

On 12/27/2018 at 2:44 AM, Britman said:

Yellow Air Spray fire bomber for me!

I've been wanting to do this ever since seeing the movie.

5c9c46940be0f0fc1dc4759efac78120-petes_f

There is one here in my town at the local museum I belong to. It is painted up to represent a Korean war -C model.

The pilot that flew the original one was from here.
Story: https://pacificcoastairmuseum.org/santa-rosa-press-democrat-article-pcam-26-invader/

• Like 2

On 12/27/2018 at 1:11 PM, VMA131Marine said:

Hopefully they will follow this series all the way through to the B-26K Counter Invader.

indeed even though i am in the middle of a parts chase for a counter invader i'd buy a new tool all plastic kit(if it's right) in a heart beat

• Like 2

Not in my area. There is currently only one flying Counter Invader in the world. "Special Kay."  She was just recently painted in the SEA camoflage and is flying.

http://warbirdsnews.com/warbird-restorations/a-26-special-kay-restoration.html

Edited by GRIM REAPER
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Britman said:

Sinister, have you seen the photos that I posted in the aviation photography section? Canada and Alaska tour 2001 number two post I think. 

Keith 

Just did. Nice photos!

8 hours ago, GRIM REAPER said:

Not in my area. There is currently only one flying Counter Invader in the world. "Special Kay."  She was just recently painted in the SEA camoflage and is flying.

http://warbirdsnews.com/warbird-restorations/a-26-special-kay-restoration.html

Yes saw that one. My brain must have been thinking of something else. Need more sleep! LOL
Speaking of Invaders. Did you see the January issue Air Classics? The one on the cover is based here at the local airport and owned by my former boss.

acjan19-xl.jpg?crc=116207225

Just bought that magazine yesterday! Wonderful article and beautiful plane!

If ICM gets this right, I'm in for at least two of them.  And at least one Counter Invader if they decide to do one.

• Like 1

Hold on there...is that the test? If the photo above provided by Homebee is of the actual test kit, Houston, we have a problem. Look at the canopy. But don’t trust me—I am legally blind. Compare the kit canopy to that of the real thing in the photo provided by Vampire.

Edited by 28ZComeback
Sp

12 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

Hold on there...is that the test?

I think it's a physical model photo not a CAD render because there are two shadows.

Photo isn't sharp enough to be conclusive but the nose surprises me. We'll see.

Edited by Laurent

12 hours ago, 28ZComeback said:

Hold on there...is that the test? If the photo above provided by Homebee is of the actual test kit, Houston, we have a problem. Look at the canopy. But don’t trust me—I am legally blind. Compare the kit canopy to that of the real thing in the photo provided by Vampire.

Here we go again an internet warrior who does not have the kit in hand.

Tommo.

• Like 1

As far as I can see there is no complete canopy on that pic... but i am really interested in what they make of it in the end...

The monogram was allready outdated from the moment it came on the market!!

So bring it on ICM and give us a K  as well....

cheers, Jan

On 1/17/2019 at 12:09 PM, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Here we go again an internet warrior who does not have the kit in hand.

Tommo.

'Internet Warriors' at least on BritModeller have been right far more often than not. Manufacturers could use it as a free quality control more widely. Several of them already do and everybody benefits as a result. Back to the 'good old days' of uncritical reviews? No Thank you!

• Like 4

10 hours ago, SleeperService said:

'Internet Warriors' at least on BritModeller have been right far more often than not. Manufacturers could use it as a free quality control more widely. Several of them already do and everybody benefits as a result. Back to the 'good old days' of uncritical reviews? No Thank you!

I'm all for critical reviews. But at least have the decency of having the kit in hand - that's my point.

Tommo.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SleeperService said:

3 minutes ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

I'm all for critical reviews. But at least have the decency of having the kit in hand - that's my point.

Tommo.

With respect I think we'll need to disagree on this. Once it's produced the chances of any corrections are almost exactly zero. CAD shots are a computed image of the finished item and proportions and overall shapes don't alter with the mould making. If the CAD looks wrong the plastic will follow....

3 hours ago, SleeperService said:

With respect I think we'll need to disagree on this. Once it's produced the chances of any corrections are almost exactly zero. CAD shots are a computed image of the finished item and proportions and overall shapes don't alter with the mould making. If the CAD looks wrong the plastic will follow....

The only reviews I trust are from those that have the kit in hand. I'm not going to take notice of those that who blabber about distorted photos and can't agree if the are making an opinion from  a CAD render or a photo.

Tommo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 1