1/32 - Gloster Gladiator & Sea Gladiator Mk.I/II & J-8 by ICM - released

Homebee

5 hours ago, Homebee said:

New AIMS decals - ref. 32D019 - Gloster Gladiator / Sea Gladiator

Source: https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=2762451277140070&id=1246247558760457

75614110-2762450837140114-47895678614272 74477109-2762450847140113-80113818556159

Pity, I'd have thought there were much more colourful pre-war schemes applied to the Gladiator? (72 Squadron, 73 Squadron or 87 Squadron, to mention a few - though maybe it's considered that these have been a bit over-used in other scales, or maybe other sheets are planned by AIMS?)

Edited by hopkp
  • Like 1

Contacted ICM to ask what scehmes are included had this response:

Dear Richard,

Thanks for your message and interest to our company.

I`m glad you like our new released kit 32040 - Gloster Gladiator Mk.I, WWII British Fighter.

The decal inside this kit includes 4 British variants.

Hope this information will help you.

So not a lot closer to knowing what schemes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, trickydicky210 said:

ICM have sent a copy of the schemes which are as follows:

Hopefully the 'aftermarket' will provide something a bit more exciting/colourful in due course.....I'll definitely be getting one, but not impressed by any of the marking options being offered so far!

Edited by hopkp

5 minutes ago, hopkp said:

Hopefully the 'aftermarket' will provide something a bit more exciting/colourful in due course.....I'll definitely be getting one, but not impressed by any of the marking options being offered so far!

Mmm, thanks, but not particularly inspiring are they?...Think I'll wait for the Pheon ones....Or I might even have a go at spraying on my own 72 or 73 squadron bands etc? Probably not too difficult in that scale. Serials shouldn't be a problem either... We shall see.

Just to go with my pre ordered Gladiator I looked for some reference as I only have one book on the Gladiator, the one that I wanted was the Guideline Publications Warpaint 37, a quick look on eBay and Amazon found me ordering one direct from Guideline Publications as it was cheaper.

Cheers

Dennis

On 11/28/2019 at 1:07 PM, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Looks lovely but you are obliged to fit the MG gondola's it seems!  TT 

That’s correct. Even the early machines were fitted with underwing guns on the lower wing. Apparently there were discussions around fitting .303’s under the upper wing surfaces too.

4 hours ago, avro683 said:

That’s correct. Even the early machines were fitted with underwing guns on the lower wing. 

True, I've never seen a photo of a production Gladiator which provably has no underwing gondolas. I've seen plenty where you can't see the gondolas because it's an upper view, and where no gun barrels are evident, but it was common to fly Gladiators with the guns removed.

• Like 1

New boxings/variants expected in 2020

- ref. 32041 - Gloster Gladiator Mk.II WWII British Fighter - I quarter 2020

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM32041

- ref. 32042 - Gloster Sea Gladiator Mk.II WWII British Naval Fighter - II quarter 2020

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM32042

- ref. 32043 - Gloster Gladiator Mk.I with British Pilots in Tropical Uniform - IV quarter 2020

Source: https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/ICM32043

Decals

- ref. D32004 - Gloster Gladiator Mk.I/Mk.II in foreign services part 1: Belgium, Norway, Greece and China - January 2020

- ref. D32005 - Gloster Gladiator Mk.I/Mk.II in foreign services part 2 - Q2 2020

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 1