This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

tonyot

A Very Special Dakota, KP208!!

On 27/12/2018 at 16:21, tonyot said:

Fellow Britmodeller Julien has posted some fantastic in depth pics of KP208 here;

Thanks Mate!

Those pics we sent in by a Para who is a modeller. The Walkaround section is only as good as what we get in.

Good looking model as well.

Julien

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Julien said:

Those pics we sent in by a Para who is a modeller. The Walkaround section is only as good as what we get in.

Good looking model as well.

Julien

Cheers Julien,.... and thanks to the person who sent them in. Back in my day I felt like the only modeller wearing a maroon lid!     

All the best

Tony

Edited by tonyot

On 1/5/2019 at 3:20 PM, tonyot said:

Not really a fan of the elongated tubo engined conversions though,.......call me old fashioned!

Sorry to disappoint Tony, I'm going to use the AlleyCat C-47TP conversion. It'll be in dark sea grey with a white roof.

Yours is coming along very nicely

Julian

14 hours ago, zebra said:

Sorry to disappoint Tony, I'm going to use the AlleyCat C-47TP conversion. It'll be in dark sea grey with a white roof.

Yours is coming along very nicely

Julian

It will still look excellent Julian,....it still has that cool Shackleton style scheme and I cannot wait to see what you do with it mate. 

Thanks,..... however I painted the blue cheatline today,...took the masking off and it was a disaster!!! So sanding the paint and trying again!!!

Cheers

Tony

Hiya Folks,

I`ve lost my Flickr account because it is full,.......so here is an attempt at posting a progress pic using Village.Photo,..... the second attempt at the blue cheatline!;

resized_cb74f284-f1f7-427a-993d-5ce6a3ae

Cheers,

Tony

Hiya Folks,

Well the masking tape is off after a last minute rectification to the cheat line which I`m not too happy about,...but hey!

resized_505dd8f6-2fb3-494b-bd9a-a8eaf125

resized_4c6d2772-c5b5-465f-a083-f9ced07b

resized_c54a95f4-0350-4038-882f-966ed0df

resized_71fb1b4e-9072-48e3-bb27-ca0aba62

I think I`ll start the decals next,...... time to source some roundels, fin flashes and to start cutting out all of the titles and serials from Xtradecal/Modeldecal sheets!!!

Cheers

Tony

I`ve re done the cheat line on the left side yet again since the above pics were taken,..because I wasn`t happy with it,....... if it is still wrong after the 3rd time of masking and re masking it,....I may just fling it at the wall!!!

Edited by tonyot

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

[...] if it is still wrong after the 3rd time of masking and re masking it,....I may just fling it at the wall!!!

I understand your frustration, I've got loads of models that I see an error with every time I look at them (I say loads, actually everything I've ever made), but to me that looks very nice.

Tony,

This is looking awesome! 

Excellent background information too! 

All the Best! 

Don