Kitty hawk decals?

Graham T

5 hours ago, Graham T said:

It's been a struggle so far

I was seriously contemplating buying one of these (have already got an F-101B), but between my recent experience of the F9F-8 and experiences like yours I'm rapidly changing my mind!

Regarding the decals though - the decals on my F9F-8 weren't bad, but a bit stiff and hard to get to conform to complex curves. A bit of work with a scalpel and micro sol got them to work on the curves though. Aside from that, I had no problems. They were opaque, adhered well, and responded well to micro set and sol.

23 minutes ago, zebra said:

I was seriously contemplating buying one of these (have already got an F-101B), but between my recent experience of the F9F-8 and experiences like yours I'm rapidly changing my mind!

Regarding the decals though - the decals on my F9F-8 weren't bad, but a bit stiff and hard to get to conform to complex curves. A bit of work with a scalpel and micro sol got them to work on the curves though. Aside from that, I had no problems. They were opaque, adhered well, and responded well to micro set and sol.

Thanks old boy, hopefully worth persevering with.  TBH I suspect that when completed, painted & recalled it won't look TOO bad.  Slightly misleading instructions & illogical build sequence along with a poorly detailed cockpit make it seem worse than it really is....hopefully. :hmmm: