Revell Eurofighter EF-2000S Typhoon 1/48 "10 JAHRE"

Kibar

Hallo!

Well, the project is complete. I wouldn't say that I enjoyed the build. The kit goes together only when being asked politely with a gun in your hand. A LOT of cutting, sanding and so on. It looks like Eurofighter to me, but Revell was just l lazy engendering this kit. Manual is nicely printed but sloppy too. But it's a cheap kit, so no offence. Just don't pay more than 20 Euro for it. Anyway, it's a great opportunity to try new techniques and improve your skills.

I've used some aftermarket parts. Eduard 49367 is adequate and helps a lot to detail the model. Reskit (from Ukraine I believe) wheels are really nice. They are a little bit smaller than those in the kit, I think they are correct. 

And now ModelMaker decals. It's a piece of crap. I almost decided that the model is ruined. Everything is wrong with this product, colours, fonts, size and so on. Instructions are laughable. Very sloppy job, simply don't buy it. I don't know about other products of this producer, may be they are better, but I wouldn't use anything from them.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

K.

iPhvw5eE0dYM1MJD0tUbChf5VTEaOqhsOtfey42dahj_Zwe-SAjG6vluxGmmHou-1BlwB5-C-vKsmbxJzePQaSuWuNu1aXlhWUz6cQFQ1UfzsaEx6NC6x4f2qOlZepTH2kHsP-NNPW_NFXCsgihKau7BBwPTYXDGlkna8aemm78i_OIED-J-CcReRgxgxQkN4VCden4X0lmTxgXpkQWR6LHER93FgoHojjMSjA16Dkq8cJnk

• Like 22

Hello Kibar,

Maybe not easy in construction, but the end result is excellent.

You should be proud of it. Did you unload the gun in a safe direction.

Regards, Orion

• Thanks 1

It's a shame that you didn't enjoy the kit - the resulting model is great however. Hopefully your ill feeling towards it will fade over time. The construction doesn't seem to have any obvious flaws and even the decals look fine in the photo's. The paint job is great, with nice subtle weathering. I really like the scheme also - it makes me want to attempt the subject - though I'll probably avoid this particular kit! Does anyone have a recommendation for a good kit of the Typhoon? From what I can tell, no manufacturer has done something decent as yet. 

I certainly know that feeling of frustration after a trying model experience. I'd recommend doing a well known "good fit" kit next which will reinvigorate your modelling passion to new levels! 

• Thanks 1

Very nice looking result. I've made this twice and the 32nd scale kit once. It's a good looking plane and I've the 48th Bronze Tiger in my stash. I wish revell hadnt made the intakes the way they did that's literally my only real gripe with this kit as they're a pain in the a**.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/26/2018 at 10:39 PM, Kitchen Modeller said:

I certainly know that feeling of frustration after a trying model experience. I'd recommend doing a well known "good fit" kit next which will reinvigorate your modelling passion to new levels! 

Thanks, it was a really good idea! I already fell much better )))

rQqhHcbHdtsh8Fokt6CN1pLHwAn5lJTBlYHC6dwd

• Like 1