Seabrook armoured lorry

McNab

20 hours ago, robw_uk said:

That's superb. And well worth the wait. Love scratch building but limit myself to the odd fuel tank / stowage rack....

Hi Rob. I stopped modelling about 30 odd years ago only to take it up again in 2017. I have become fascinated by the sort of odd vehicles used during the Great War. Not many kits are available though as l expect you know. But the materials available to us modellers these days are fabulous. And l suppose with the extra years l have become more patient - yes and more tenacious and stubborn too 😜 no doubt! But seeing what people can achieve on here has given me the impetus needed to just ‘have a go’. This particular model used a donor model namely the liberty truck by ICM for the basic rolling chassis which is not completely accurate but American chassis were used. The rest, the coach building if you like, were made from plastic card, aluminium, brass etc. The 3 pounder cannon on deck is completely fictitious. I had no plans, just some old photos and a thread on another site of a chap who built one but in a different scale (this one is 1/35) . I loved building it. I still have some details to add, and perhaps a figure or two. 

• Like 1

0DBE3C4F-ACDC-476A-BD57-F650C34FAD3F

C4AC2678-80E4-4004-9267-AE0380721441CB866C87-3C85-42DE-AEC8-C06D9DD4DDF1

BF1DC080-E46B-4831-BC66-4142D8B64492

9189311E-9C46-4F4E-94CE-02B1E4CEADBC

I don't know if these photos are any better, but photographic composition is just another thing one has to learn. Anyway, hope you like them.

Andrew

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Hamden said:

Stunning result looking forward to more of the same

Roger

Thank you Roger. I do have other conversions from base kits with a lot of scratch building, but l don’t want to flood the forum with it all at once! All WWI which doesn’t seem to be so popular here?

Andrew

13 hours ago, dogsbody said:

Beauty! Both on the build and the photography.

Chris

Yea ok well I’m blushing now 😆 thanks 

so much Chris. 

Andrew

• Like 1

• 9 months later...