Seabrook armoured lorry

McNab

I haven’t posted any pictures of my models on here so far. I have been too busy modelling or working. Anyway, l had a go at producing the above mentioned vehicle after reading about it on here, and with a first coat of primer here it is so far. Ok, l know it isn’t accurate and yes l have made some mistakes and sometimes used artistic licence, and at other times compromised things due to my limitations as a modeller, but anyway :

Edited by McNab

I must say if you're, like me, a nervous modeller who is unsure of his skill level, then posting your latest build without any photos is a stroke of genius!

I think it's magnificent and I can't spot any of the areas of artistic licence or compromise to which you refer. 

😊😊😊😉

Extremely well done!

Brian

• Haha 2

On ‎12‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:45 PM, bhouse said:

I must say if you're, like me, a nervous modeller who is unsure of his skill level, then posting your latest build without any photos is a stroke of genius!

I think it's magnificent and I can't spot any of the areas of artistic licence or compromise to which you refer. 

😊😊😊😉

Extremely well done!

Brian

Hi bhouse yes sorry…. I had edited the post as I subsequently realised I couldn't directly upload photos, had to go via flikr or similar, spent ages trying to sort that out, then sadly had a family emergency which has naturally taken priority over everything else. In fact just waiting for news right now. I will get photos on here but for now other things occupy my mind. Take care

@McNab Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear that real life has reared its unattractive head - it has a habit of doing that. I hope everything works out well.

When you're ready I'd love to see the photos.

All the best,

Brian

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On ‎12‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 7:17 PM, bhouse said:

@McNab Thanks for the update. I'm sorry to hear that real life has reared its unattractive head - it has a habit of doing that. I hope everything works out well.

When you're ready I'd love to see the photos.

All the best,

Brian

Hi Brian

Well, life - as you said - did rear it's ugly head and l ended up losing my nephew to cancer. 

I have resurfaced now, but I am still fighting with trying to understand how to get flickr to work… in fact how to even start getting it to get onto my pc. I suppose I could try via my iPhone so wish me luck. I would like to be able to share photos of my work (not just the Seabrook)

Cheers for now

Andrew

Practising... B62C539A-6B61-4852-B5C7-D68802630F95

...and failing. Sorry. I will try again tomorrow. Night all. 

Edited by McNab
Can’t work out something supposedly simple 😞
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Hamden said:

Hi

If your having problems with photographs have you seen 

and 

hope this may be of some help

Roger

Thanks Roger. I will carry on trying to get it to work today... wish me luck! I have a problem with auto glaze over when it comes to tech stuff. Thanks again. Andrew

• Like 1

Hi Andrew.

I'm very sorry to hear about your nephew. I've been to 2 family funerals in the last 2 weeks - Alzheimer's and cancer. It never gets any easier but remembering good times helps me.

Where are you hosting your photos? If you can let us know in sure someone can give very specific instructions. 

Brian

• Like 1

On 4/23/2019 at 6:25 PM, bhouse said:

Hi Andrew.

I'm very sorry to hear about your nephew. I've been to 2 family funerals in the last 2 weeks - Alzheimer's and cancer. It never gets any easier but remembering good times helps me.

Where are you hosting your photos? If you can let us know in sure someone can give very specific instructions. 

Brian

Hi Brian l am very sorry to hear of your loss, too. I work with people who suffer from Ahlzeimers and other forms of dementia; my father suffered from the former as well. It’s heartbreaking to see someone you love just fade away. 

Anyway back to photos... 🙄 l am using flickr via my iPhone. I’m sure it’s dead simple, but my dyslexic mind can’t cope with it!! 

Ah, Flicr. Not my favourite site. 
However...

Select the ''Photostream' tab and click on the photo you want to show here.

Scroll down the page, and on 'viewing privacy' select 'public'. 

Scroll back up the page.

At the bottom right of the photo there are three icons, a square with a pencil, an arrow and a download box. Click the arrow.

You'll then be presented with an information box with choices for share, embed,email, bbcode and various social network icons. DON'T TOUCH ANY OF THESE!

You'll see a box with a shortened URL; something like "h.ttps:// fl.ic.kr/ p/ RU.bhte" (but without the additional full stops and spaces that I've just inserted.

Copy that address and just paste it straight into your post where you want the photo to display and hit 'return'. This will happen:

20170121_120113

Don't attempt to use any of the editing options like 'insert link' on the Britmodeller site. Just post the code into your post and it should work.

Good luck  😉

• Thanks 1

I'm still having probs with pic hosts so iv given up trying for the moment. I will get someone younger who understands these things and can walk me through it. So you are not alone Andrew. 

Steve

Edited by Stevejj
Typo
  • Like 1

B62C539A-6B61-4852-B5C7-D68802630F95

Edited by McNab
ok now I got that photo in, too! How bizarre... anyway a huge thanks to Brian for all your help. You are a true gent.

19 hours ago, bhouse said:

Ah, Flicr. Not my favourite site. 
However...

Select the ''Photostream' tab and click on the photo you want to show here.

Scroll down the page, and on 'viewing privacy' select 'public'. 

Scroll back up the page.

At the bottom right of the photo there are three icons, a square with a pencil, an arrow and a download box. Click the arrow.

You'll then be presented with an information box with choices for share, embed,email, bbcode and various social network icons. DON'T TOUCH ANY OF THESE!

You'll see a box with a shortened URL; something like "h.ttps:// fl.ic.kr/ p/ RU.bhte" (but without the additional full stops and spaces that I've just inserted.

Copy that address and just paste it straight into your post where you want the photo to display and hit 'return'. This will happen:

20170121_120113

Don't attempt to use any of the editing options like 'insert link' on the Britmodeller site. Just post the code into your post and it should work.

Good luck  😉

Hi Brian. Thanks so much for the time you are taking with a fool like me. I followed your instructions to the letter, but all I got is code posted in my attempt. Maybe there's a problem with flickr? Or something else? Thanks again, you are a star. I will keep trying! 

12 hours ago, Stevejj said:

I'm still having probs with pic hosts so iv given up trying for the moment. I will get someone younger who understands these things and can walk me through it. So you are not alone Andrew. 

Steve

Hi Steve yes it's frustrating and taking away valuable modelling time!  😃 Dear Brian has been very patient with me so far, and I owe it to him to keep trying! Good luck to you too.

Andrew

19 hours ago, Mancunian airman said:

If its any consolation, I cant login on Flickr. (My own account ) 

I dont know if there is a problem with the site ??

. .

Hi MA. I can log in no problem from here. 

Andrew

87768FD4-C79D-4E11-BB9E-405F71F6E3A3

• Like 5

IT'S WORKING!!!! Ok, it's a crap test photo BUT IT'S WORKING!! I don't know why it didn't work the first time, but I HAVE POSTED MY FIRST PHOTO AT LAST!! 

...so anyway…. yes as I said some months ago, I was working on a scratch built Seabrook armoured lorry which I had seen in a subject on WWI AFVs. I will take better photos over the weekend and post them )cos I can, thanks to Blessed Brian 😍

Andrew

• Like 2

Thanks to everyone for your kind comments; l will take more this evening and post them toot-sweet 🤗

Edited by McNab
Wrong word used!
  • Like 1

That looks great, McNab. Good modeling. Flickr isn't too hard, once you get the hang of it. I mostly use my PC and it's easy, though not quite as easy when using my IPad. It just takes me a while to remember the proper steps.

I recently lost a nephew to a blood clot. He was only 33.

I await further pictures of your builds.

Chris

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, dogsbody said:

That looks great, McNab. Good modeling. Flickr isn't too hard, once you get the hang of it. I mostly use my PC and it's easy, though not quite as easy when using my IPad. It just takes me a while to remember the proper steps.

I recently lost a nephew to a blood clot. He was only 33.

I await further pictures of your builds.

Chris

Thank you DB. My sincere condolences for your loss. It’s simply the wrong way round, if you know what l mean. 

• Like 1