1/48 Scale Airfix Hawker Hurricane Mk.1 of No.1 Squadron RAF in May 1940

Hi All;

Here's my completed Airfix 1/48 Hurricane.  Any comments welcome; this is my third completed model since picking up the glue and airbrush after a seven-ish year hiatus  from the hobby.

I have a tonne of pics (including in-progress shots of all my screw-ups 🙂) plus a full description of the build over on my website; F/O Les Clisby's Mk.1 Hurricane on Making-History.ca if you want to check it out.  Most importantly (for me, anyway), there's also a history of the aircraft and its pilot there too.

I'd also like to say a very big thank you to @Troy Smith for hi help in nailing down many of the finer details in the markings and weathering; I hope I did his help justice in my model.

Cheers;
Mark Beckwith

IMG_7120-1.jpg?w=1024

IMG_7117-1.jpg?w=1024

IMG_7085-1.jpg?w=1024

IMG_7089-1.jpg?w=1024

IMG_7105-1.jpg?w=1050&h=

• Like 47

Very nice build. I too had a few problems with the wing fit - I found a spacer helped to spread the rear part of the fuselage opening. Generally pretty good kit though with decent shape.

A couple of things which would make it better (in my opinion and being constructive) - the aerial lead looks a little loose and the exhaust stain on the Hurricane tended to sweep upward slightly then down in a curve, down the side of the fuselage.

Cheers

Malcolm

12 hours ago, Baldy said:

A couple of things which would make it better (in my opinion and being constructive) - the aerial lead looks a little loose and the exhaust stain on the Hurricane tended to sweep upward slightly then down in a curve, down the side of the fuselage.

Hi Malcolm, thanks for the feedback, I don’t disagree with you observations except to say the exhaust staining doesn’t show up a well as I’d like in the pics, it is more curved than it appears but could be better.  The aerial wire is a bit slack though.  Funny how it looked great to me until you pointed it out!  😁

Thanks for all of the comments, all very much appreciated.