Hello everybody

Egi vandor

My name is Dmitriy.

I read this forum for a few years and now i decided to join.

I began modelling 30 years ago when i was a schoolboy. My first models were NOVO and Plasticart kits, that were only available in USSR. Later i interested in Vietnam war and began to collect models of planes, that were used at that war. I tried very hard to achieve perfection in building models, so once upon a time i felt tired and didn't want to go on with modelism. So i took all my models to friends and began to collect 1/43 diecast models of soviet cars. But last year i felt interest to began modelling again, so now i'm here.

My interest is local wars of 50's and early 60's - Korea, French Indochina, Operation Firedog, early days of Vietnam war. Now i build Italeri 1/72 F4U-4B.

Edited by Egi vandor
some additions
  • Like 1

Hi Dmitriy,

And welcome.

On 12/25/2018 at 6:41 PM, Egi vandor said:

My interest is local wars of 50's and early 60's - Korea, French Indochina, Operation Firedog, early days of Vietnam war.

Most of those match my own, the exception being Korea.

Hope to see your production soon.

10 hours ago, Antoine said:

Hi Dmitriy,

And welcome.

Most of those match my own, the exception being Korea.

Hope to see your production soon.

Hi, Antoine!

Not very soon, but will see. Now i try to restore my skills, because i didn't build models more than ten years.

That's fine with me, I'm well aware of the problem, as the Hobby is an on and off affair for myself since years, the longer being twenty years off, and I'm just out (Hopefully) of another five years off.

Work, life, no place for workbench, alcohol (😜), you name it...

Far too many (bad) reasons.