1/144 Revell JLW A321

Well this one took me by surprise!

Yesterday I was contacted by someone who was looking for some detail decals for a model to give to his brother for Christmas and to cut a long story short I ended up building a model for him. Problem was he needed it by today!

Anyway, I always have a few part built models hanging around and given the short timescale we decided my built and primed Revell A321 would suit. The model was to be completed in the livery of JLW a virtual airline built and operated on, I'm guessing, a PC flight simulator.

Although it was already primed and the livery is basically white there was still quite a lot of work to do. Painting of the fuselage was with Halfords Appliance White and Racking Grey for the wings. I painted the engines a custom mix of 50:50 Tamiya X16 Purple and X3 Royal Blue which matched the logos perfectly. The rest was decals, the logos and titles which I printed out on my laser printer and the details which came from an A320 series detail sheet I had in my decals box.

It was finished just as it was being collected this evening and I'm hoping will be a hit on Christmas Day!

I only managed a couple of quick pics with my tablet so they're not the best quality but you'll get the gist. 

45727488004_517c5aeb58_b.jpg

32578279898_9f024c66d6_b.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 11

Great work and a very unusual story Ian.

You don’t know anybody looking for a similar job on an A319 do you? I’m on the point of admitting defeat with colour matching for Park Inn and when I do I’ll have a white-tail A319 looking for a livery!

Happy Christmas

Dave G

19 hours ago, stringbag said:

Even rushing it hasn't diminished the overall high standard you have set Ian.

very nice indeed even for a what-if.   👍

All the best:drink:

Chris.

Look how quickly he gets paint on 😂

agree with Chris’s comments, lovely finish. 

Happy christmas to you both :)

Thanks for the replies. Happy Christmas to all!

I haven't heard how this was received yet but I'm fairly sure it would've been appreciated.

1 hour ago, woody37 said:

Look how quickly he gets paint on 😂

I tell you what Neil, I was envying being able to take a leisurely approach when, with my deadline fast approaching, I dropped the model nose first from the table to the floor splitting the fuselage seam and chipping a chunk off the nose! Good job the children were in bed as I wouldn't have wanted them to hear what I said:rant: Fortunately, I still had time for some Milliput to harden and be able to quickly repaint the nose but it was a close call and if it had happened any later I would have had to contact Anthony and tell him to get down to M&S for a pair of socks for his brother instead!

3 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

I’m on the point of admitting defeat with colour matching for Park Inn

That's such a pity Dave, I was looking forward to seeing that one. I imagined it would have been the masking, not colour matching, which defeated you.

3 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

You don’t know anybody looking for a similar job on an A319 do you?

I don't know if JLW operate the A319, I think they only operate the A321s which they took from Monarch when they went under!:giggle:

Cheers,

Ian

Edited by Turbofan
  • Like 1

That’s very nicely done considering the time constraints. Now there’s a thought for a group build, speed building.....

Just one point though Ian, it’s slightly disappointing that you’ve got a picture of the ‘enemies’ engine as you’re avatar. It really ought to be a nice shiny R-R engine. 😄