HMS Aurora (12); Flyhawk 1:700

A break from aircraft models - Flyhawks excellent 1:700 HMS Aurora built on friend's suggestion, as my daughter's name is Aurora as well. Since this was my second ship ever, I was stunned by this kit and would recommend it to anyone looking into foray into shipbuilding. Perfect fit through out the build and PE fret that covers most of the tiny details but I also added Flyhawk's wooden deck and brass gun barrels and Northstar models sailors.

Aurora-1-XL.jpg

Aurora-3-XL.jpg

Aurora-4-XL.jpg

Aurora-6-XL.jpg

Aurora-10-XL.jpg

Aurora-13-XL.jpg

• Like 58

Hi,

Your build looks great. 

PF

PS.  I really like the smaller RN interwar and WWII cruisers.  There is something very clean and purposeful about their look, as opposed to some Japanese, US and German designs, which have almost a "layer cake" look about them with so many decks and pieces stacked one atop another that its hard to tell what's what and/or why the superstructures are laid out the way they are.

• 4 weeks later...

Gidday, I think this class of ship is one of the best looking of the British cruisers (I know, beauty is in the eye of the beholder) and I think you have done a stunning model of it. It is very impressive. Regards, Jeff.

• 2 weeks later...