PZL P.11c (70015 & 70016) - PZL P.11c (70015 & 70016)

Julien

PZL P.11c (70015 & 70016)

1:72 ARMA HOBBY

j1.jpg

For its time the PZL P.11 was briefly the most advanced fighter of its type in the world. While many nations were still using bi-planes Warsaw based PZL had designed and built an all metal high gull winged monoplane fighter. The high wing provided the pilot with a good field of view and the single wing less drag that the bi-plane fighters of the time. The type drew orders from overseas as well as Poland. The aircraft was ordered by Roumania with the Romanian IAR building them under license as well.  However by the time of the German invasion of Poland the type was outclassed by the Bf 109 and the majority of the Polish Air Force was lost fighting bravely against the invasion; though up to 36 were flown to Roumania.  

The Kit

This is a new tool kit from ARMA Hobby. This is offered in a "Junior Set" comprising the Kit, PE, and 2 decal options; or the "Expert Set" with kit, PE, Masks and 4 decals options. The kit is well moulded with the right level of detail to my eye in this scale. Construction starts in the cockpit area. The floor is matched with the rudder pedals, the seat and control column are then added to this. PE seat belts are provided. Inside the fuselage halves the tubular support structure is then added, once this is in the cockpit section can then be placed in and the fuselage joined together.

j2.jpg

At the top of the fuselage the pilots head rest is then added. On the underside an insert is added which contains the landing gear struts, This is good engineering as the modeller does not have to worry about getting the angle of the struts right, or waiting for them to set. At the front of the fuselage the engine is placed in its cowl and the whole lot is added. The wheels and tail skid are also added. The windscreen is added along with the two part main wing. The two main struts each side can then be added. A few detail parts then complete the build.

Markings

There are printed by Techmod so should pose no problems. 2 marking option are provided for the Junior kit

j3.jpg

• 121 Eskadra Myśliwska 2 /39-K 8.63 (Waclaw Szczepan Krol)
  • 122 Eskadra Myśliwska 8 /142-K 8.34 (Cadet Wladyslaw Chciuk)

j4.jpg

For the Expert kit there are 4 options;

j5.jpg

1. 113 Fighter Sqn., Pursuit Brig. 10 / 170-N 8.70 (poruczik Hieronim Dudwal)
  2. One of the Sqn.s of the Pursuit Brigade. 3 / 62-W 8.138
  3. 131 Fighter Sqn. 4 / 804-P (Lt. Henryk Bibrowicz and 2nd Lt. Lech Grzybowski)
  4. 141 Fighter Sqn. 55 / 504-T 8.108 (Cpt. Florian Laskowski)

j6.jpg

Conclusion

It is great to see this important Polish Aircraft being kitted by a Polish company.  Highly recommended.

Junior Set bin.jpg

Expert Set bin.jpg

Review samples courtesy of

logo.jpg

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, CraigB said:

It's a great little kit!! - I built one earlier in the year (the Junior edition, built OOB with Hataka paints (also Polish ;) )

Arma Hobby PZL.11c Junior edition build page

I have their Hurricane now - REALLY looking forward to build some of those :)

That looks Great Craig. I have the Hurri also and looks to be even better than this.

Julien

• Like 1

On 12/24/2018 at 9:30 PM, CraigB said:

It's a great little kit!! - I built one earlier in the year (the Junior edition, built OOB with Hataka paints (also Polish ;) )

Arma Hobby PZL.11c Junior edition build page

I have their Hurricane now - REALLY looking forward to build some of those :)

Hi there 

I know about the Hataka paints but I wonder to ask before them, what was the paint to use for that brownish chocolate color???

Cheers

Armando