The New 1/72nd Arma Hobby Hurricane Mk.I x 2,......1st One FINISHED!

tonyot

Hiya Folks,

Well it is here at last,....... we finally have a state of the art metal winged Hurricane Mk.I in 1/72nd scale and it was well worth the wait,..... what a wonderful kit!! This is the more expensive version with additional etched brass and masks which are nice to have, but are not really needed unless you really want to gild the lilly and from what I`ve seen on the sprues a good model can be built straight from the box. Even better, a Vokes tropical filter is included along with a DH and the early blunt and late pointed Rotol propellers,....... so everything that you need,......Wonderful!!

DSCF5485

And here is a closer look at the sprues,... I have already started to paint the detail and interior parts;

DSCF5487

I`m really looking forward to building this model,..... I have two which I shall be constructing side by side,

Cheers and Merry Christmas everybody,

Tony 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 33
  • Thanks 2

Great, I was waiting for you to start your WiP after your comment in the Rumourmonger section. Following this build as I know it'll be great. Thanks for sharing. 

Jeff

Edited by pinky coffeeboat
  • Like 1

I'm getting one of the junior versions without the masks and PE so I'd be interested in seeing whether I've jumped the right way.

Good luck with your build, I shall be watching with interest.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Wez said:

I'm getting one of the junior versions without the masks and PE so I'd be interested in seeing whether I've jumped the right way.

Good luck with your build, I shall be watching with interest.

The basic kit looks great and will result in an excellent result,..... to be honest I probably won`t use half of the etch and may use it inside a Hasegawa kit instead! The basic interior is the best I have seen in a 1/72nd scale Hurricane,.... so don`t be worried at all,...... I would have bought that version myself but they were sold out at Arma! I do hope that they release some more!

Cheers

Tony 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, Wez said:

I think so - like a 'normal' version of one of the more recent Eduard profipack kits, it looks like it will build well just as the kit.

• Like 1

A lot cheaper than the Airfix kit plus Alley Cat resin wing conversion too, I'm sure! Plus it looks as though you should be able to separate the control surfaces and flaps, which is impossible with the resin.

Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Ian

• Like 1

On 12/25/2018 at 5:45 PM, woody37 said:

Well I’m disappointed, it’s tea time Christmas Day and I expected to log in to see this finished. Are you giving the elves the day off Tony? You old softy 😂😂😂😂

happy christmas mate

Haha,.... cheers mate,...... yes downed tools for Crimbo,......party in the cellar for the little people!! They were rather worn out!

exhausted-elves

Got a little bit done on the Hurricane ,..... just need to take pics and have daylight for the cockpit as it is rather fiddly for my tired eyes,

Merry Christmas to you too mate,

Tony 

Edited by tonyot
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

Thanks for all of the nice comments folks....... now it is time to get some modelling done,...... and so far, I have not been disappointed,....far from it!!

Starting with the cockpit,..... the basic set up is excellent and better than any other Hurricane in this scale,...... the brass etched fret then adds to this, although I won`t be using the entire fret, for instance I was happy with the moulded on detail on the cockpit walls. Note the Vokes tropical too,.... a massive bonus point for this kit;

DSCF5491

The wings were assembled at the same time and the wheel well detail is again superb,..... no need for the brass etched detail for me,..... but it will be put to good use in some older kits!

DSCF5492DSCF5493

Here is a close up of the etched fret and the instrument panel using the etched parts and decal instruments;

DSCF5495

And here is the basic instrument panel from the basic kit,..... still fantastic and will look even better with the decals added;

DSCF5496

Here are a few views of the completed cockpit (when I say completed I mean for me,.... you can add more etched brass if required!),.... I would not recommend assembling the model like this however,..... I just did this for the photos,....... joining the fuselage separately and then adding the wings is the way to go!

DSCF5504DSCF5500DSCF5501DSCF5502DSCF5503

And here is the basic airframe completed;

DSCF5505

With the second one following it down the production line!;

DSCF5506

What can I saw about this kit but WOW,........ it is beautiful and I`ll be buying as many as I can. 

Next update soon,....

Cheers

Tony

13 minutes ago, heloman1 said:

Looking good Tony. Looks like a really good kit and from your description it is. I'll follow with interest.

Merry Christmas mate.

Colin

Cheers Colin and Merry Christmas to you too mate,...... I was just adding my above update when your message winged in!

• Like 16