The New 1/72nd Arma Hobby Hurricane Mk.I x 2,......1st One FINISHED!

tonyot

I'm about to order one of these but seeing it built makes me think I should buy more than one - especially as you're going to be buying them all - but what to do with the banana box half-full of Airfix ones?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beard said:

I'm about to order one of these but seeing it built makes me think I should buy more than one - especially as you're going to be buying them all - but what to do with the banana box half-full of Airfix ones?

Cast a new nose based on the Arma one? 😋

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Fondling the plastic as I write this, just like their PZL P11c, this is state of the art, and just like a pint of Brains SA...one is never enough.

Watching this for tips and hints

Box On

Strickers

• Like 2

Hiya Folks,....a bit more progress,.....

I want the canopy open on my model but after testing the opened canopy there was still a gap between the bottom edge and the canopy rails, so I sanded the `dog house' fairing behind the pilots armour plating until the canopy fitted better. I also fitted the Vokes filter under the nose as I intend to build a tropicalised Hurri,..... the 2nd one will probably be a Battle of Britain aircraft,..... but there are so many Hurri`s that I want to build using this excellent kit;

DSCF5507

And the second Hurricane is coming along nicely too;

DSCF5508

The first model has been sanded and is ready for some paint to be applied,

Cheers

Tony

• Like 18

40 minutes ago, Beard said:

Nice work Tony. Is it me or does the way it goes toget her resemble the Airfix rag-wing?

Cheers mate,........ I suppose that there is a passing resemblance but it is the same type and this kit is much more finely refined. 

Don't suppose there's that many variations on a sensible way to break it down in to mouldable parts.

I like the elevators.... Are you're ones going on like that, or just a dry run for photo?

The airfix rudder works OK.

I like control surfaces.... I think they breathe some life into the look of a plane. Kind of animates the airframe.

You're going well here... Two at a time! Yayyy...!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, FalkeEins said:

it does doesn't it ..except for that tail assembly which looks pretty neat I must say. My three still not here   (..and I'm sure I got my order in well before Tony did his! ...)

I’m also still waiting for my three. One expert and two over trees ordered on 01/12. Dispatched from Poland sorting centre on 18/12 but still in transit as not received by Royal Mail yet.

Just how far is it???

I suppose patience is a virtue....

Tony

• Like 3

I ordered mine on the 10th December 2018 and they arrived on Christmas Eve,........ so not too bad,........ I have heard that quite a few other people are still waiting for kits to arrive too. I`ve ordered four more of the basic kits which are now back in stock,...... hell knows when these will arrive?

Cheers

Tony 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, rob Lyttle said:

Don't suppose there's that many variations on a sensible way to break it down in to mouldable parts.

I like the elevators.... Are you're ones going on like that, or just a dry run for photo?

The airfix rudder works OK.

I like control surfaces.... I think they breathe some life into the look of a plane. Kind of animates the airframe.

You're going well here... Two at a time! Yayyy...!

Cheers,..... I`ve glued the elevators in that position, like yourself I like control surfaces to be deployed if possible,...... the rudder would be very easy to separate and deploy slightly too if you so wished,....I may do this with the second one.

• Like 2

Haha,..... nice one Ced,..... you know you cannot resist!!!

Right,..... the first coats of paint have been applied (by brush as usual!),.... Middle Stone on top and light blue below to represent a faded and well used RAF Sky Blue.

DSCF5509DSCF5511DSCF5510

Another coat of each and it should be ready to move on to the Dark Earth disruptive pattern. The nose area has been painted silver and masked off,

Cheers for now,

Tony

• Like 17

4 hours ago, tonyh said:

At last!

Royal Mail say they’ve received a parcel from Poland and will try to deliver it today!

I’d best clear the bench then.....

Tony

Looks like you were a victim of the Christmas post,..... something to look forward to eh! You`ll love it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tonyot said:

Looks like you were a victim of the Christmas post,..... something to look forward to eh! You`ll love it.

I agree. However, they’re here at long last, and I’m impressed.

I did panic for a moment when I opened the outer box as the clear sprue in the expert kit had impaled the decal sheet and then its box! Never mind. No harm done as it had missed all the printed items.

Tony

• Like 2