A Christmas Eve Spitfire +++ COMPLETED +++

BIG X

Steady Boys....

The primer is on and I would say it is dry too.... 

XMAS052.jpg

Time for the final coat - extractor set to maximum - I just hope Mrs X doesn't come upstairs whilst I'm spraying metallic car paint in the house :doh:

I had this left from a project in the summer...

XMAS053.jpg

...ooohh - shiny...

XMAS054.jpg

XMAS055.jpg

Whilst this is drying I'm off to 'improvise' a stand - now where did I put that drill...

• Like 1

Spraying metallic car paint in the house, naughty step for you then.

My modelling, such as it is, has to be done in the kitchen at the moment so no spraying, because,my man cave ( which is actually under the house ) is too cold and damp from Dec to March. In the new year a friend is going to make me a new door frame and we're going to fit a decent double glazed window so I may eventually end up with an all weather modelling room.

John

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Biggles87 said:

Spraying metallic car paint in the house, naughty step for you then.

My modelling, such as it is, has to be done in the kitchen at the moment so no spraying, because,my man cave ( which is actually under the house ) is too cold and damp from Dec to March. In the new year a friend is going to make me a new door frame and we're going to fit a decent double glazed window so I may eventually end up with an all weather modelling room.

John

That sounds fantastic John.  I toyed with the idea of a shed at one point.  i have two garages full of gardening stuff and as soon as I mentioned a shed to SWMBO she said 'That's a good idea - we can put the mower in it' :doh:

In the end I 'conned' the missus, by converting my home office into my workroom & I actually got away with it :D - go figure...

• Like 1

Anyway - I've spent the last fifteen minutes trying to drill a hole in a toughened glass tea light holder.  I got there in the end and added a piece of clear styrene rod - with a pin in the top....

XMAS056.jpg

Now it might look like an ice cube with a candle in it - but I'm on a deadline here.  The paint is 'almost' dry - now where does Madame keep her hairdryer... :whistle:

• Like 2

Well it looks like I've made it - with time to spare...

XMAS058.jpg

...well it is 'wine o'clock'.

XMAS066.jpg

XMAS065.jpg

I do like the way the paint brings out the panel lines - without any washes.  it's been a fun day and for those that have chipped in....

Thanks - Steve  

• Like 4

• BIG X changed the title to A Christmas Eve Spitfire +++ COMPLETED +++

Great build Steve and that last picture is fantastic. 

Have a great Christmas. 

I will be building something next year so look forward to our "chats" then 😁

• Thanks 1

Hi Big X,

I am impressed! Actually, a whole bunch of kits like yours would look nice dangling from a Christmas tree! 

A great Christmas and a fun New Year to you and your family!

JR

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, jean said:

Hi Big X,

I am impressed! Actually, a whole bunch of kits like yours would look nice dangling from a Christmas tree! 

A great Christmas and a fun New Year to you and your family!

JR

Thanks Jean - All the best to you and yours - Steve