Fujimi McLaren MP4/6

Hello,

Here is my first attempt at an F1 build. This is the 1991 Brazilian Grand Prix version. Had I done more research on this kit, I would probably have skipped it all together due to the various well documented issues. Its a shame as I think the MP4/6 is the best looking of Senna's World Championship winning cars. 

Body is decanted Tamiya TS26 and TS36 with Mr. Topcoat as clear. The chassis parts were painted with Tamiya acrylics. This was also my first build completed using an airbrush instead of spraycans. Built Out-Of-Box with nothing else.

The biggest issue was the cowling fitment which is a well documented issue on other forums. So I just ended up gluing it shut after shaving and modifying a bunch of internals. Lowered the front ride height as the high front end another well documented kit error, but I might have gone a tad too low. Aside from the cowling, the overall fit and finish of this Fujimi kit is very subpar and can be frustrating to an inexperienced builders such as myself, so I ended up just glue-bombing a lot of the parts.

IMG_4458-X2.jpg

IMG_4462-X2.jpg

IMG_4459-X2.jpg

IMG_4457-X2.jpg

IMG_4452-X2.jpg

IMG_4450-X2.jpg

PC220449-X2.jpg

PC220457-X2.jpg

PC220455-X2.jpg

• Like 14

Nowt wrong with that by my eyes, I've got one in the stash as I want to build all of Sennas cars eventually as he was my first real hero of the sport

If mine turns out anywhere near as good, I'll be happy :) 

• 2 weeks later...