1/35 Tamiya M4 Sherman.

This is my 1/35 M4 Sherman. Straight out the box build. Figures are from Alpine. Any constructive criticism or questions is more than welcome. Also I’m a new member on here. Only got back into the hobby about 2 years back. 

46434112401_b3c9118430_b.jpg

45521524615_0f31393b50_b.jpg

45710987374_fc07e85570_b.jpg

Edited by Rangerboy83
  • Like 14

Very nice paint job and base. I have built a couple of these and found out after painting that all the welds are too shallow, Dragon made the same mistake but rectified it with later kits, (beware of buying old Dragon Sherman kits)the welds should be slightly proud of the steel plate.  Etched light guards, grouser grills and tool clips from Aber or Eduard also enhance the look.  Big question, do I go back and correct my welds with milliput or let it slide?

Regards

Bob

Hmmm. I’m very much just doing out the box builds these days. Mainly Tamiya as long as the kits ain’t to old. I’m not sure how accurate this Tamiya Kit is but is quick and easy to build and a nice palette to practice painting techniques on. Don’t have much experience with PE yet but in the coming year might try upgrading some kits. Building a panther G at the moment again from Tamiya but with after market decals and going for a hard edge cam. An the wife got me a E-75 from trumpeter. So trying to think out the box a bit with cam schemes for that. Those builds should take me up to Easter. Lol

Thank you. Yeah still struggling with regards to painting faces and skin tones. Not something I’m comfortable with yet. Building up lots of reference material. Every time I do a build I will always try and do at lest one figure with it so I’m always continuing to try and improve with the figures.